Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If they were moving everyone from 3.25 to the spring update it would have happened by now, some are obviously being saved for 12.4
You will get it in a few days or maybe tomorrow. Look at it this way. Being near last to get this update may mean your chances are higher of being near the beginning with 12.4.x does release. Of course with Tesla it is still all CRAP odds and no way to know. I've been near the rear for several updates in a row and been near the beginning for several updates in a row. There is never any rhyme of reasoning to understand how Tesla distributes the updates.

I’m not disputing that you have a good experience. There’s plenty of people who have good experiences, also plenty of people with different expectations or wants/needs. One thing we have in common is that we like Tesla cars, but just that alone doesn’t necessarily mean that we’ll agree on all of its features.

My expectations were similar to Tesla’s 5 year old video. I sit there with hands on my lap not touching the steering wheel and the car takes me places. There was nothing about a cabin camera watching what I do, or having to satisfy any sorts of steering wheel nags. If Tesla did not want me to have those expectations - they shouldn’t have made that video.

At the end of the day, my opinion and nicknames for the beta do not anyhow affect anyone else’s experience with it so I can’t understand why it’s so offensive. The only reasoning I can come up with is that they’re trying to defend something they like with an unreasonable expectation that everyone else has to feel the same way or have the same experience as them. I don’t get offended if others don’t think it’s junk, because it might not be to them.
I love fsd, my wife loves my junk

Can anyone tell me the changes in 12.3.6 in the new update? I have heard there are some few changes. Thanks (update 2024.14.9)
There are no official changes but Autopark is faster and I and others have observed some behaviors like faster creep with less re-stopping. More decisive and assertive in making a decision (not counting lane wobbling unfortunately). I suspect these are just Neural Net improvements that were incorporated into the release but NO bug fixes, so no 12.3.x increase.

Are you saying…. It’s a wifi virgin?
Funny. A large number of recent Supercharger sites now provide freebie wi-fi, with a Tesla SSID that the car will automagically connect to.

Given, it's probably for punters who want to stream movies or some such. But I've actually done a Tesla software update on such a thing.

Anything like that near where you are?

I should note IR camera even in the line of sight is does not mean sunglasses will work. GM's system for Supercruise which is that configuration does not work with certain types of sunglasses:
Same issues reported with Blue Cruise with the same layout:

I've watched a video that the FSD handsfree mode works with transition lenses (which from above thread people also reported success with). I suspect the limitations are going to be very similar, especially when the cabin camera uses IR mode (for the vehicles equipped with it) and that the angle doesn't play as big a role as people may think.

The wheel nag fall back will probably need to remain (I'm glad there is this option unlike the other systems that may disable if the eye detection doesn't work).
Both of the posts you linked are full of replies saying people have had no problems with sunglasses — is there something from Supercruise or Blue Cruise that say sunglasses can’t be worn while using the system? They shouldn’t.

Both of the posts you linked are full of replies saying people have had no problems with sunglasses — is there something from Supercruise or Blue Cruise that say sunglasses can’t be worn while using the system? They shouldn’t.

Yes, there are caveats that match Tesla's system in the owner's manuals. Here's the text from a Cadillac CT4 from the Super Cruise section:

The Driver Attention System (DAS) on
the steering column continually
monitors driver head and eye position
to estimate driver attention to the
road. The camera does not record or
share pictures, audio, or video.

Sunglasses, hats, or other types of
clothing that change the shape of the
head may interfere with camera
performance. To improve camera
performance, raise or lower the
steering wheel, or change the seat
position.

Funny. A large number of recent Supercharger sites now provide freebie wi-fi, with a Tesla SSID that the car will automagically connect to.

Given, it's probably for punters who want to stream movies or some such. But I've actually done a Tesla software update on such a thing.

Anything like that near where you are?
I honestly can’t remember the last time I took either car to a supercharger. I’ll check the next time I do though

Yes, there are caveats that match Tesla's system in the owner's manuals. Here's the text from a Cadillac CT4 from the Super Cruise section:

The Driver Attention System (DAS) on
the steering column continually
monitors driver head and eye position
to estimate driver attention to the
road. The camera does not record or
share pictures, audio, or video.

Sunglasses, hats, or other types of
clothing that change the shape of the
head may interfere with camera
performance. To improve camera
performance, raise or lower the
steering wheel, or change the seat
position.
I don’t think this is the same limitation, and Tesla wouldn’t have the same limitations to the same extent if the cameras were different and positioned differently.

Someone beat me to it but yes they do! Sure, some sunglasses work fine (and those will also likely work fine for the cabin camera with IR), but the point is stuff like sunglasses and hats can also affect the cameras that are mounted at driver level. Having the angle there doesn't necessarily solve the problem.

This is likely because some sunglasses are not IR transparent. No amount of angle adjustment will fix that if that is the case. So similar disclaimers will be there.

That is not to say all such examples don't work. As I mentioned, I watched a video of someone using transition lenses with the new update and it seemed to work fine.

Reactions: willow_hiller
There are no official changes but Autopark is faster and I and others have observed some behaviors like faster creep with less re-stopping. More decisive and assertive in making a decision (not counting lane wobbling unfortunately). I suspect these are just Neural Net improvements that were incorporated into the release but NO bug fixes, so no 12.3.x increase.
Does this version have the steering wheel nag removed?

I think he might have 3 or Y and is referring to it taking up the space on the left side of their main screen. Turning off the FSD visualizer will just give him the shitty version of it, still taking up the same amount of space.

That’s right. I don’t want any visualizations at all. I want the full screen for other things. I would love to have the option of the map being full screen. I have always viewed the visualizations as a Tesla marketing FSD scam.