Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not me. Truly rarified air up here. I am ready for 12.4.2; it does make sense to give it to me early of course as a first participant who was not a paid participant, etc. No sense in rocking the boat and updating me with something else first.

Not sure why anyone is talking about drunk drivers here. Completely useless to discuss in general since we have zero relevant information. Unrelated, I think it is rare for FSD to broadside stopped vehicles, but it does seem more likely than running into the back of a vehicle.

They’ll have to check my car’s connection. Don’t pay for connectivity and just missed the boat on free connectivity. Maybe they just ignore my data?

Elon says if things continue on their current trajectory we won’t be intervening for over a year. Pretty awesome. Great to finally see things come to fruition. Expect on the next release I’ll rarely be intervening. Pretty great. Good to see it looks like we’ll be in the “promises made, promises kept” territory very soon.
"Not sure why anyone is talking about drunk drivers here."
You are correct about the driver that hit the police car. The other driver who was investigated by the police was drunk.
The driver hitting the police car admitted he was using the cell phone.

Elon says training is no longer the limiting factor. He says FSD is working so well now that the limiting factor is the miles between interventions. Says the miles between interventions is so long the team can't tell which software version is better than the other. Says it's getting to the point where the team is relieved when they finally get an intervention to work on. :D
Good to see Elon’s reality distortion field is still fully operational.

It’s extremely telling that the software team can’t tell which is better. 😱 Not surprising though!

None in CFL but I have hotspotted my phone from the course and updated it that way.
Funny you should mention that. Was on my way from the Cape back to NJ when got notification that there was an update available; sometime early last year. Next SC the SO and I stopped at had wi-fi. Might have been in South Carolina somewhere. Was pleasantly surprised and did the update then and there.

Having said that, a number of SC's up and down the East Coast and back and forth to Texas have had the wi-fi. Not all, mind you, but a number.

Interesting. Burned my check around 1 p.m. today; nothing, so I was sad.

When the SO came by with her MY later, checked it around 3 p.m., and there it was. While it was downloading, checked mine again (yes, I'm an idiot) and, nope.

And while listening to videos around 8:30 p.m., this burned-check car up and told me it has 14.9 available. It's installing now.

So much for the can't-get-an-update-until-24-hours-after-checking hypothesis.

Interesting. Burned my check around 1 p.m. today; nothing, so I was sad.

When the SO came by with her MY later, checked it around 3 p.m., and there it was. While it was downloading, checked mine again (yes, I'm an idiot) and, nope.

And while listening to videos around 8:30 p.m., this burned-check car up and told me it has 14.9 available. It's installing now.

So much for the can't-get-an-update-until-24-hours-after-checking hypothesis.
It's been that way at least recently, where if Tesla wants to push an update, you'll get it even after you just checked. Just happened to me for the 2nd time in the last few months.

Funny you should mention that. Was on my way from the Cape back to NJ when got notification that there was an update available; sometime early last year. Next SC the SO and I stopped at had wi-fi. Might have been in South Carolina somewhere. Was pleasantly surprised and did the update then and there.

Having said that, a number of SC's up and down the East Coast and back and forth to Texas have had the wi-fi. Not all, mind you, but a number.
Do you have something against planes? 😂