Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FY15 Earnings Conference Call: What would you like answered?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,

As it is coming up, I figured it would be nice to compile the things that people want addressed on the earnings call in one location instead of the depression filled short term thread at the moment.

I personally would like the following:

1. FY16 Guidance.
2. Confirmation of March Model 3 initial reveal.
3. Progress update on Tesla GF1 and Tesla Energy.
4. Margin progression or outlay of Model X.
5. Model X production update.
6. What is the contingency plan for macro economic conditions for spending.
7. Re-emphasis on the difference between demand and deliveries (because Wall st. has seemed to forget).

No need to ask 1-5. Those will all get answered (in the release and/or CC)

- No need to ask about FCF in Q1 either. Some analyst certainly will

- Shared Mobility. I'm sure Adam Jonas will bring up "Shared Mobility." This time around I'd like Elon to have an answer. Even if he says we have an announcement later this year

Last edited:
1. Progress on geographical coverage for service centers? ("Will we be able to get Model 3 serviced in Bozeman for a reasonable price?")
2. Sources of working capital for service centers? (Stock issuance? Loans? Internally generated cash?)
3. Developing software testing protocols to avoid introducing regressions in updates (regressions have been introduced in recent updates)?
4. Spare parts shortage? Lack of documentation for independent repair shops? (Some insurance companies are totalling Teslas for minor damage due to this)
5. Inconsistent communication with customers (different people giving different stories) -- plan to fix?

I'm mostly worried about "soft issues" or "people issues" derailing the company. They have a massive brand but it's easy enough to tarnish it by screwing this stuff up.

Good list Neroden. I would add why did you eliminate the original Ranger policy & will you cover those that ordered a car during the time it was effective? I have major concerns that Model 3 will create big PR or investor nightmares if/when they can't deliver, service or support the higher volumes.

Personally I would like to see more clear production guidance for the Powerwall and Powerpack. The GF opens later this year and is supposed to produce 35 GWH annually for cell storage by 2020, which has the potential to bring in up to $10B (!) in revenue per year. I know they're sold out through 2016, but it's very unclear how many units this actually consists of. I feel like the CC has very high potential in terms of shocking the market with this massive revenue stream that seems to be forgotten about.

Honestly, good luck with that. There won't be that much color to it. Shared mobility will come with full autonomy that needs to be achieved first.

Well, Elon has responded so far with good-natured laughing, patience and impatience. If Jonas asks a third time, I think I've got as good a chance as any to hear some color. Of course we know full autonomy comes first with the 4,000 satellite network etc... Jonas should know this as well. So either he's not the brightest light on the Christmas tree or he's being a twerp and thusly should be treated as one.

I really would like to hear some hard numbers of Tesla Energy deliveries. They are leaving the factory so they have this information. How many powerwalls/powerpacks were delivered in Q4 last year. How many do they guide for this quarter, how many for next quarter? Related : why Powerwall 2.0 barely after any deliveries have been taking place of Powerwall 1.0? Also, will the introduction of 2.0 slow down the delivery numbers of Powerwalls and if so, by how much.

I really would like to hear some hard numbers of Tesla Energy deliveries. They are leaving the factory so they have this information. How many powerwalls/powerpacks were delivered in Q4 last year. How many do they guide for this quarter, how many for next quarter? Related : why Powerwall 2.0 barely after any deliveries have been taking place of Powerwall 1.0? Also, will the introduction of 2.0 slow down the delivery numbers of Powerwalls and if so, by how much.

I have a feeling we'll get this in the letter. Especially given that Tesla Energy has been B2B thus far and not B2C.