Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Garage outlet mounted on ceiling?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone mounted their garage outlet on the ceiling? By putting it between the two cars in the garage I could charge either cars or park the tesla in either space. I would think there would be some sort of retractable crod to do this. Anyone seen this?

Cheers

GG

I've done this. Though our garage has exposed rafters. The outlets are nailed into a rafter facing down. The plug, EVSE, and extra cord are tie-wrapped around the rafter. For the outlet on the left of the garage I just screwed a bicycle hook into the wall and hook the cord through that so it hangs down but is out the way of the car driving in. For the car on the right of the garage I just hung a bungee cord with a hook on it from one of the lights towards the front of the car and that keeps it up and out of the way. I can take pictures tonight if it isn't clear.

Somewhere on this site someone rigged a weighted cantilever system for their Roadster cord that would lift the cord when it wasn't plugged in but they could reach up and pull it down to plug it in.

Has anyone mounted their garage outlet on the ceiling? By putting it between the two cars in the garage I could charge either cars or park the tesla in either space. I would think there would be some sort of retractable crod to do this. Anyone seen this?

Cheers

GG

It would definitely help the electrons flow since gravity would be aiding them coming out of the outlet.