Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gateway updated to 21.20.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you reach the disconnect page? I don’t see it. If I need to open a browser to see it, how do I find out my IP address — and what is my username and password?

Thanks!
I just figured it out how to get to that new image being posted here. :)
Log into your wi-fi router, go to "network map" at least on mine, see if you can find the gateway called Tesla... click on it, to get device info. This will give you the current IP address. Open another browser plug it in the address bar. You may get notification it is not secure but there is a bypass at the bottom of typed message, click and accept to go without being secure, or something like this. Then the correct display page pops right up. WOW, instant response on changing condition values. The red boxes are there, didn't activate it.
Just wish that page could be interrogated like to iPhone app for usage, generation totals etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: h2ofun
tl;dr - Has anybody else gotten new firmware in the past 24 hours? My system was shutdown (by software only), but looks like Tesla remotely powered it up and upgraded me to 21.20.3

So as I've mentioned in previous posts, on 5/17/2021 I got an 8.16kW system installed with one of the new Powerwall+ units (1 battery) which included one of Tesla's new horizontally-mounted inverters.

Since install, the inverter has been throwing "Inverter Over Temperature" errors, which forces the system to restart, resulting (on sunny days) with an incredibly jagged solar output, and also constant power-cycling of the inverter, which I can hear from just inside the house from where everything is moutned.

I've called and emailed multiple times with Tesla support to try and get them to address the issue. A technician actually visited on 5/20/2021 and confirmed the problem with "Tier 2", and said something about a possible field service procedure to "top off the coolant". But no further visits have been scheduled, even though a call on 6/15/2021 prompted "Sarah" to reach out to Scheduling. Subsequent emails got the following responses: "I am in communication with Eddie and the warehouse to get your situation fixed." and "The warehouse is aware of this issue. However the schedule is a little bit tight to get someone out there for repair. I am getting a estimate from the warehouse right now. I will let you know as soon as they get back to me." (Last message was Thur 7/2/2021.)

So here's the weird thing. I'm back in my office, and hear the system spinning up. Which is weird, because while the breaker to the system is switched ON, on Monday 6/28/2021, I went into the TEG interface (https://192.168.91.1/) and manually did a "STOP SYSTEM".

So when I looked at the TEG interface today... It looks like it was remotely started up, AND it has changed.

I wish I had a screenshot of my prior version, but right now it is showing: 21.20.3

One thing that changed is that the UI would show me Alerts with the "Inverter Over Temperature" error, and there used to be a link to see "Vitals" (https://192.168.91.1/vitals) that would show me info on the error, along with including per-string output details:
1625349412794.png

That URL now returns a 404 error. Curious.

I actually had to dig into the API calls to find out when the system was restarted:

1625349505523.png

(I set up an Nginx proxy on a Raspberry Pi 2 so I wouldn't have to keep switching wifi networks to get to 192.168.91.1.)

SO... I guess it's great that (I think) I got new firmware, although honestly it seems like all the new firmware does is HIDE any alerts that I used to get telling me the Inverter was over temperature. Problem solved! (NOT).

Because I have been sitting here for about an hour, and have heard the damn thing go through the same power cycle (it's loud) at least 3-4 times already.

So... did anybody else get this new firmware? It's also listed in the app, FWIW:
IMG_0249DCBB633E-1.jpeg
IMG_3817.PNG

It's hard to tell, since it is cloudy today, but those jags? Those are inverter reboots.

This is what I was getting the day after the install - totally sunny day:
1625350213382.png

Huh. I think I got upgraded to 21.20.3 yesterday (Fri 7/1/2021).

Weird thing is I had turned my system OFF (through the big red "STOP SYSTEM") button in the Gateway UI (192.168.91.1) on Monday (6/28/2021).

Although I got inspection approved 6/2/2021, I'm still waiting on PTO. But prior to inspection Tesla had identified a problem with my "new" Powerwall+ inverter (sideways-mounted) and when I did turn the system on for testing, within 30-60 minutes (even on a 60ºF morning), I would get the dreaded "Inverter Over Temperature" errors.

Well NOW the Gateway UI doesn't show those alerts at all, nor do I have access to the old https://192.168.91.1/vitals link that would show me individual string output, etc.

Something of a downgrade then. :-/ And it hides the Inverter failures too! (I can still see jagged solar output which corresponds with hearing fans spin up, then down as the entire system restarts ever 5 minutes or so.)

1625351698545.png

I just figured it out how to get to that new image being posted here. :)
Log into your wi-fi router, go to "network map" at least on mine, see if you can find the gateway called Tesla... click on it, to get device info. This will give you the current IP address. Open another browser plug it in the address bar. You may get notification it is not secure but there is a bypass at the bottom of typed message, click and accept to go without being secure, or something like this. Then the correct display page pops right up. WOW, instant response on changing condition values. The red boxes are there, didn't activate it.
Just wish that page could be interrogated like to iPhone app for usage, generation totals etc.
My gateway has cellular antennas on top. Doesn’t connect to my home network.

Huh. I think I got upgraded to 21.20.3 yesterday (Fri 7/1/2021).

Weird thing is I had turned my system OFF (through the big red "STOP SYSTEM") button in the Gateway UI (192.168.91.1) on Monday (6/28/2021).

Although I got inspection approved 6/2/2021, I'm still waiting on PTO. But prior to inspection Tesla had identified a problem with my "new" Powerwall+ inverter (sideways-mounted) and when I did turn the system on for testing, within 30-60 minutes (even on a 60ºF morning), I would get the dreaded "Inverter Over Temperature" errors.

Well NOW the Gateway UI doesn't show those alerts at all, nor do I have access to the old https://192.168.91.1/vitals link that would show me individual string output, etc.

Something of a downgrade then. :-/ And it hides the Inverter failures too! (I can still see jagged solar output which corresponds with hearing fans spin up, then down as the entire system restarts ever 5 minutes or so.)

View attachment 681190

(moderator note: moved post created as a separate thread into this one as its on this topic)