Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally yes, but not when the asset backing the financial debt is at the verge of obsolescense.

I stand behind my analysis and post. You are welcome to respond, which you did, but I don't see a point in going back and forth for pages.

I believe that, and I don't see a point to that either... it's a balance, I pointed out a couple of times over the past year where I thought TT007's analyses were way off the mark, but, I never probed it beyond a post or two, because I didn't want to feel argumentative to him. I still don't want to feel argumentative to you or the rest of the board, but, now, I'm balancing that with the consequences for many people here of our not probing ideas presented here that we think don't add up.

Just to clarify for myself.

You’re referring to “debt from the lending arms”, is the debt that GM/Ford take on by providing lending services to customers.

Whereas “automotive debt” is the debt that GM/Ford take on to finance factories, expansion, dividends, etc...

(One you pay back, one you are getting paid back)

Yes, that's how I understand it. I read that Motley Fool article about a year ago, and have had this stuff in the back of my mind since (i.e., I just have a real top line sense of all this).

Just to clarify for myself.

You’re referring to “debt from the lending arms”, is the debt that GM/Ford take on by providing lending services to customers.

Whereas “automotive debt” is the debt that GM/Ford take on to finance factories, expansion, dividends, etc...

(One you pay back, one you are getting paid back)

No. Both have to be paid back. All debt that is on GM’s balance sheet must be paid back at some point by GM to its lenders.

• Helpful
Reactions: GoTslaGo
Hatchet-wielding man driven to crime because he hates Teslas, Santa Barbara police say

upload_2018-2-28_14-23-14.png

A man who apparently harbors a strong dislike for Tesla automobiles was arrested Wednesday afternoon in downtown Santa Barbara after he allegedly confronted the driver of one of the pricey electric cars, according to the Santa Barbara Police Department.

“It turns out he’s either a little crazy or under the influence of meth, or both,” Hill said.

Hatchet-wielding man driven to crime because he hates Teslas, Santa Barbara police say

View attachment 283523

A man who apparently harbors a strong dislike for Tesla automobiles was arrested Wednesday afternoon in downtown Santa Barbara after he allegedly confronted the driver of one of the pricey electric cars, according to the Santa Barbara Police Department.

“It turns out he’s either a little crazy or under the influence of meth, or both,” Hill said.

I think we found out Montana Skeptics real identity. He is not from Montana at all!

No. Both have to be paid back. All debt that is on GM’s balance sheet must be paid back at some point by GM to its lenders.

And don’t forget the revenue stream for the finance arm from late payment fees, increased interest rates, penalties, repos, etc.

Although, I don’t think they’re prepared for the decreasing residual values. I know Nissan took a big hit on the poor residuals on the Leafs <2017 models.

And don’t forget the revenue stream for the finance arm from late payment fees, increased interest rates, penalties, repos, etc.

Although, I don’t think they’re prepared for the decreasing residual values. I know Nissan took a big hit on the poor residuals on the Leafs <2017 models.
In the case of EVs, the price for new EV is coming down so quickly that it is putting a lot of pressure on used EVs. This won't be just limited to EVs though. Once EVs reach price parity, then that price pressure should start hitting use ICE vehicles also, especially considering a higher % of COO for a used car comes from running costs such as fuel/electricity/maintenance. If a new EV beats out a comparable new ICE vehicle, chances are that same EV will hold its value better in 3 years than that ICE vehicle.

Reactions: jhm
Another batch of non-owner Model 3 configuration invites are going out this afternoon.

Well now WTH.. they must be expecting to crank up production. What ever the cause of the slow down seems planned with a rapid ramp after. Why else would Tesla keep pouring gas on the fire, pardon the co2 emissions. Remember, the non-owner group is very large compared to owners and employees. Do we know if these are also waiters or did anyone reserve online.. @RubberToe should know, I believe he runs one of those tracking docs.

In other threads there's at least one online order that configured today. All others that I've seen have been in-store, although some in the early evening. Nothing for me, yet (line-waiter in CO, placed order around lunch time--we had a very long line...).

• Informative
Reactions: immunogold
In the case of EVs, the price for new EV is coming down so quickly that it is putting a lot of pressure on used EVs. This won't be just limited to EVs though. Once EVs reach price parity, then that price pressure should start hitting use ICE vehicles also, especially considering a higher % of COO for a used car comes from running costs such as fuel/electricity/maintenance. If a new EV beats out a comparable new ICE vehicle, chances are that same EV will hold its value better in 3 years than that ICE vehicle.

We put a $100 deposit in 2010 for a Leaf that we got in Oct, 2011- a great little local car. No gas, no maintenance cost.

Traded it in 2014 for the same model. When I say the same model, the ONLY difference was the clock on the instrument cluster was synced to the clock on the Nav system.

Again a nice little car for local use. Not many options for EVs in that price range. Sold it a month ago back to the same dealer and they basically paid us to drive it for the last year.

Very little improvement from 2011-2017 and the 2018 model isn’t much better!

Well now WTH.. they must be expecting to crank up production. What ever the cause of the slow down seems planned with a rapid ramp after. Why else would Tesla keep pouring gas on the fire, pardon the co2 emissions. Remember, the non-owner group is very large compared to owners and employees. Do we know if these are also waiters or did anyone reserve online.. @RubberToe should know, I believe he runs one of those tracking docs.

I think it’s a combination of an anticipated ramp up in production and not wanting to push back any reservation holders whose time estimates ended in February. Today is the last day of the month, after all, and invites usually go out on Thursdays.

View attachment 283523

This is the vision I have of typical Tesla haters (shorts/bears included). I'll never get the obsession by some on this board to disprove or persuade them otherwise. I don't need to ask the NRA what their stance is on guns after the latest school shooting, because it will never change, Tesla haters are the same.

I don't need to listen to the rants of crazy people to "verify my investment thesis" either.

Time to check my Tesla account to see if I got an invite, giddy up.

Status
Not open for further replies.