Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always hesitate to write publicly on unconfirmed information.... so take this with a huge grain of salt. I have a friend at a major auto who has contacts with suppliers. One of the suppliers said that Tesla was planning for a ramp to 600 cars per day. That would be 4200 per week. They said this a week or two ago. Not sure how much accurate that information is as it is 2-3 degrees of separation from that information.

I also read on the discussions that the Gigafactory was producing 1600 modules a week, two weeks ago. If I add the 2500 modules the Grohmann line is producing to the 1600 manual modules.... that would be 4100 per week. Take everything I write with a grain of salt though.

Is TeslaQuila a play on $TSLAQ? It’s something that Smiegel guy has on every tweet. I have no idea what it means.

BTW, if anyone still has any doubts if Dana Hull has an anti Tesla bias

Dana Hull on Twitter
After reviewing some of her recent twits, I think Dana Hull probably has a financial interest on TSLA's drop. Seems obvious to me. Not at the "they can taste blood in their mouths" level yet. Maybe she is joining the group?

After reviewing some of her recent twits, I think Dana Hull probably has a financial interest on TSLA's drop. Seems obvious to me. Not at the "they can taste blood in their mouths" level yet. Maybe she is joining the group?

Dana retweets “run on deposits” FUD . So she is definitely one of the recipient of Elon’s April fool joke.

C0EDB026-D341-4185-834A-AA02FE13F728.png

A good article summarizing why the M3 production ramp is exceptionally good.. Finally an analysis that is based on facts.

Worth reading.....

"Fact — 9 months after start of the assembly line, GM had produced about a 1,000 Bolts.

Fact — 9 months after start of the assembly line, Tesla had produced about 10,000 Model 3."

Tesla PR Disaster 10 Times As Good As Chevy Bolt Ramp Up | CleanTechnica

I think we’re heading in a very constructive direction here : ) !

I think when we (acting as “jurors” in the terms of Tim Urban’s excellent 2 minute video below) perceive with high confidence that this sort of intellectually dishonest posting has been made (someone is posting in the manner of an “attorney” or “witch doctor” in the terms of the video), the disagree button hit 50+ times, ie, a disagree count obviously way beyond a typical post, with no written response, is likely an improved response (communicates well with very little time spent and no clogging up the threads with futile attempts at intellectual engagement).

If someone new to the forum can’t understand what is going on,

- they can ask, and we can explain, that when in our opinion as “jurors” someone is here simply making posts here in the role of an “attorney and/or witchdoctor” rather than for a facts and reason based exchange, hitting disagree and leaving it at that is all we have time for

and/or

- we can place in our signatures comments that express this idea... ie, “I mark “disagree” and give no further time to comments I deem to be intellectually dishonest”

Here is that outstanding two minute video from Tim Urban. If you are not familiar with Tim, Elon Musk was so impressed by Tim’s long form article website, Elon invited Tim to Tesla and SpaceX to be interviewed by him.

Got me philosophical on this, but I think one must end up being an attorney on the side of the truth. Can't always be juror and keep analyzing the facts.

e.g. Sun rises on east/sets on west. Earth revolves around the sun and is a sphere. -- should we be juror, or attorney(on side of truth)

A juror might go back back to 14-15th century and get records that says other stuff, or he may accept this as fact.
Once juror has enough facts, he must transition to attorney :)

~ Cheers!!

This is solely based on today’s premarket action only but it seems like the $250 line held much stronger today than Thursday. Although the $250 line also was never crossed last Thursday during premarket, it was breached within 15 minutes after markets opened. I holding hope that we’ll see steady accumulation to keep us between $255-$260 range.

A good article summarizing why the M3 production ramp is exceptionally good.. Finally an analysis that is based on facts.

Worth reading.....

"Fact — 9 months after start of the assembly line, GM had produced about a 1,000 Bolts.

Fact — 9 months after start of the assembly line, Tesla had produced about 10,000 Model 3."

Tesla PR Disaster 10 Times As Good As Chevy Bolt Ramp Up | CleanTechnica

That's great and all but the fact is that GM does not want to make any EVs so they sandbag the entire process. If they pushed as hard as Tesla, they could probably produce themselves out of business in 2 years by cannibalizing profitable vehicle sales with $10k loss per car sales. The fact is that there are almost no Auto manufacturers out there that would not put themselves out of business by ramping EVs aggressively. Maybe Nissan and VW because its to big to fail government ownership %. Nissan has been working at this a long time and they probably make money on their EVs. VW can clearly light billions of fire in scandals and continue on indefinitely while they scoop up other German autos.

Reactions: sundaymorning
Status
Not open for further replies.