Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that is an assumption but not proven. We know rear motors come from GF1, but front? Couldn't that just be the same old Model S/X front motor?

It could indeed. Reasons it might not:
  • The new volume would require new manufacturing line(s)
  • If they were making new tooling to support the volume, adjusting design for the 3 would effectively be free
  • Could integrate lessons learned in a new design
  • GF1 has more space for a multi-k/wk drive unit and motor assembly line

Reactions: neroden
Charging problems are real. It's a lot of inconvenience for some people........ re EVs
53 months of hanging a 10 guage orange extension cord out the window on a 110v, 20 amp circuit (with opening insulated carefully) was sufficient to get me up to ~10.3kWh/day (I popped a circuit breaker 2-3 times before I dedicated it to just the PHEV)

Another good one. Could have been written from a bull on this board

Tesla Model 3 - What's The Real Story? | 1redDrop.com

Still waiting to see something similar appear from the big media but may wait for this forever....

Nice catch, thanks. Forever is correct for me, but I hope you are much younger. I predict you will see an anti-trust action against Tesla for its "service station" monopoly. Cf Eisenhower action against DuPont connection to GM. Such action would be great for those holding TSLA. And that's only one Musk plan for our future that might threaten to become a monopoly.

Longs are blessed by betting on a horse which seeds groundbreaking industrial approaches right and left. What about Tesla Internet and car ownership? What about innovation in global broad band delivery through SpaceX? Unknown applications of AI?

Last edited:
Investing in Tesla is like being a venture capitalist more successful than Kleiner-Perkins et allii or some equally successful mutual fund in its early stages. Fidelity?? (Ignorance of financial firms acknowledged.)
This. I did spend some time on the VC side as well as a much longer period evaluating potential spinoffs for research universities.

Viewed in that light, TSLA in 2012 was like evaluating an early stage startup with great technology, great management team, and early but representative revenues. It was so clear that this had a chance to be a major win. Felt like having the chance to get early access to a unicorn, yet the stock was publicly traded. After appreciating from $31.50 entry point and cashing out enough to have a big win even if TSLA goes to 0, the stock still feels undervalued. My exit point is $2,000 or 7/1/2023, whichever comes first, FWIW.

This. I did spend some time on the VC side as well as a much longer period evaluating potential spinoffs for research universities.

Viewed in that light, TSLA in 2012 was like evaluating an early stage startup with great technology, great management team, and early but representative revenues. It was so clear that this had a chance to be a major win. Felt like having the chance to get early access to a unicorn, yet the stock was publicly traded. After appreciating from $31.50 entry point and cashing out enough to have a big win even if TSLA goes to 0, the stock still feels undervalued. My exit point is $2,000 or 7/1/2023, whichever comes first, FWIW.

How do you see the 10-year view play out?

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
Status
Not open for further replies.