Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am old enough to remember when companies were not required to file quarterly reports. When did this requirement start, anyway? It was nonexistent in the 1980s. It should be abolished.

• Pursuant to Section 13 or 15(d) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the 10-Q is an SEC filing that must be filed quarterly with the US Securities and Exchange Commission.

Are you really that old?

Here’s a fresh interview with Montana Skeptic [audio]. Not much new, but a clear look inside the mind of one of our favourite papa bears. The host concludes with ‘this is everything anyone needs to know about Tesla’. Apparently plenty of people listen to this podcast. Recommended.

OMG, what softball questions they are! Grant has practically gilded the stump for Montana Skeptic to wax on about. My favorite was his advice to "the engineer", who's a model 3 reservation holder, that he's essentially an unsecured creditor, and that Tesla has raised the price on the model 3. I'm sad for having wasted my time, but glad to hear that the shorts are nothing more than neck deep in their own narrative.

Whelp, I did my part by selling the rest of my trading shares (still hold my core position) at $351. This should ensure an ATH in the next 24-48 hours.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I'm sad for having wasted my time, but glad to hear that the shorts are nothing more than neck deep in their own narrative.

That's the part I find informative. They've got nothing, but they think Tesla is bluffing, so they keep raising the stakes. At least Montana isn't betting much (he only holds some 2020 puts), but his followers are a different matter. They will fund a lot of Model 3 purchases this year, methinks.

Incase you are a short basking in the sun of canceled Model 3 reservations. This is part of an email from my new dentist that Xena was excited to show off her stuff. They have a Model 3 reservation, as did we once upon a very long time ago:D

"Hi Bruce,
Thanks so much for spending time with Gary and me yesterday. Wow! You really have us thinking TESLA now! Your Model X is amazing. Too bad I was too nervous to go a little faster, but thanks for kicking it up for a short time. I don’t think the Model E will be enough for us."

After showing off our Model X, I thought back over the referral encouraging prospective buyers $1,000 off on the purchase of a new Model S or X, and it dawned on me it has been almost a year since I had that option to offer someone a thousand off and unlimited supercharging. Well shorts, that tells me that Tesla is selling so many Ss and Xs that they do not need to give away $1,000 at this time in the game. Fundamentals folks, fundamentals.

And, should you be counting the cancelled reservations (shorts); I personally was miffed that the money was returned onto my credit card instead of moving to the Left and resting on the balance sheet of what I had to eventually pay for our Model X. Counting the number of cancelled Model 3s on credit cards only tells you part of the story;) It does not include the back office deals or the cigar smoke filled room deals:eek: Thank my god they do not do that anymoreo_O

Xena is so excited about the SP lately that I my have to stop charging her in the garage ~ I am afraid she might break something with those magical Falcon Wings:eek:

so, is it safe to assume this run up is a result of institutional accumulation of tsla shares? ihor says its not a result of shorts covering...

Slight decline in shorted stock on the graph S3 partners tweeted today Ihor Dusaniwsky on Twitter
but just scratching the tip of the iceberg, probably the tip-toeing of the more sane shorts before it comes to a real stampede.

Dff-abKX4AAR7fH.jpg

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: dhrivnak and EinSV
TSLA is again moving towards my short term PT of $365/share, based on anticipation of production rate of 500k cars/year and 1B/year in energy product.

If Tesla can show a viable path to this level and beyond, my expectation is that the SP will trend upwards to $675 in anticipation of Model Y and further expansion. Holding SP higher than $365 in the medium term IMO depends on Tesla showing a path to delivering 1M passenger cars/year and 2-3B/year in Energy products. Semi production is a wild card.

The next 3-4 years may be a wild ride.

Why is current production at 100 vehicles per day in the model 3 invite spreadsheet?

That data is almost entirely useless currently.

1. Tesla has been keeping VINS from their owners until about a week before delivery—likely to better control the production rate narrative.

2. Factory shutdown causes a temporary slowdown in reports, lagging due to time it takes to manufacture a car.

3. Tesla appears to be hoarding US vehicles due to expiration of the Federal tax credit.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Have you been visiting the Model 3 thread? It has been discussed widely there as well as here. Tesla has recently changed its VIN system, which has caused people to not post their VINs as regularly.

The reports are that Tesla is not providing VINs until about a week before delivery. Expect a flood of VINs the last week of June as US deliveries pick up the following week.

Last edited:
Have you been visiting the Model 3 thread? It has been discussed widely there as well as here. Tesla has recently changed its VIN system, which has caused people to not post their VINs as regularly.
Fine, it's a boneheaded question I now see. I hadn't put two and two together. Thank you to todd and yourself for politely replying. In my defense there are 10+ pages of content to go through each day now for every thread.

Here is a video that shows the body work on a Model 3,

For investors, note "roll post" that travels up the back edge of the rear door to the roof. This makes rear passengers safe from many events. Rear passenger safety looks best in class (based on a very small sample size).

For investors who care about competition on cost and range, the fully visible inner fender shows that the upper structure is tapering in to make the wake as narrow as possible around the cockpit. Drag is proportional to wake width. Tesla is best in class on slippery (based on a very large sample size).

The picture says The Model 3 will be hard to match on safety and efficiency metrics.
Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 8.08.59 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.