TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by AudubonB, Dec 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. neroden

neroden Model S Owner and Frustrated Tesla Fan

Revealing any criminal activity could be considered whistleblowing.

• Like x 2
  2. dc_h

dc_h Active Member

3. Bobfitz1

Bobfitz1 Member

Agree. Except for calling 35 - 40 percent a small percentage.

• Funny x 1
  4. Words of HABIT

And for those who think Ford is not getting serious on EVs, perhaps their latest commercial may change your mind...Just don't listen to the last two seconds and you'll be fine....they just don't get it, clueless.

• Funny x 10
    • Love x 1
  5. tinm

tinm 2013 S85 Owner

If you poke around you can find the defendant’s home address or what I assume is his address. Normally it wouldn’t mean anything and I won’t share it here but what I found noteworthy are the comments by others about this particular, small apartment building. If the reviews are to believed, this place is a cesspool, crawling with bedbugs and known drug dealers, used syringes in the hallways, etc. Apparently the apartments are cheap, run-down, full of mold and the commenters say the landlord is a slumlord. Seems like a pretty hellish place to home to after pulling long hours at the Gigafactory.

• Informative x 3
    • Helpful x 1
  6. skitown

skitown Supporting Member

OMG. What idiots.

• Funny x 5
  7. Yuri_G

Yuri_G Member

I didn't see any mention of altering the battery testing process specifically in the court filing, just the manufacturing OS. Maybe that is my ignorance and they are the same thing or CNBC is making an assumption...

• Helpful x 2
  8. trils0n

trils0n 2013 P85

Either CNBC is twisting/stretching the tampering to involve self driving, which known info doesnt support, or they know more about the tampering than Tesla publicly released. I think it is, at least partly, the former -- somehow trying to connect manufacturing tampering to the "zomg self-driving is scary" narrative.

• Like x 1
  9. mongo

mongo Well-Known Member

Thanks! Reads like FUD/ theoretical as opposed to reporting.

10. UnknownSoldier

UnknownSoldier Unknown Member

Man oh man did this reply to my post age really badly in just one day. Yikes.

• Like x 8
    • Funny x 3
    • Love x 1
  11. Curt Renz

Curt Renz Active Member

#11491 Curt Renz, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    • Informative x 9
    • Like x 2
    • Love x 2
  12. Dwdnjck

Dwdnjck Member

The whistle blower law is about making false financial claims against the government. It relates to products and services sold to the government.

• Informative x 2
    • Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  13. RobStark

RobStark Well-Known Member

I posted about this earlier....then I got to thinking what will French automakers have to say?

I presume FCA would be good with this.

I expect Chinese owned Volvo to be ignored by the European Commission and Indian owned JLR to carry even less weight.

• Helpful x 1
  14. 30seconds

30seconds Active Member

I’m really lost trying to follow the logic of the shorts right now. The latest is that Elon has lost it by going after someone who was stealing data and putting illegal software on co-workers computers.

Pretty sure I know who has lost it.

• Like x 6
    • Funny x 2
  15. Remus

Remus Member

Same feeling.

• Like x 1
  16. MartinAustin

MartinAustin I Do Not Read Electrek

• Like x 3
  17. mrdoubleb

mrdoubleb Active Member

Would't prices of the competition also call on their home (US) market? I think it's a wash, unless the final consumer price is impacted in one continent more than on the other.

18. RobStark

RobStark Well-Known Member

Well, technically Tesla does not pay the 10% EU tariff.

That is why it has the assembly facility in The Netherlands, to avoid the tax.

They could save on this expense and pass the saving on to the customer.

Maybe they could use the facility in The Netherlands to manufacture Model S Shooting Brake and Model 3 Estate for European markets instead?

• Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  19. sundaymorning

sundaymorning Active Member

• Informative x 9
    • Helpful x 1
  20. Sparky

Sparky Member

Just a bit OT but, after hours and sort of Father's Day-ish.
    My kid has been working the GA4 line. I won't reveal much since I think that's prudent.
    But some color:
    Prob sweetest/nerdiest of my 3 kids. Also, most accident prone.
    Brilliant. Got fancy-school post grad quant degree in one year, now on way to PhD studies and stopped off at Tesla for the summer to work with other nerds on Tesla technology.
    3 weeks in, he gets a late night text from boss: "report to factory tomorrow morning" with just map dot coordinates and a phone # (really).
    Arrives with other nerds and no idea what's up and is handed a voucher to go down the road for a pair of Red Wings.
    Then returns and is directed into the GA4 tent and shown the line and where to be and what to do.
    It's very clear that this is all-hands on deck. Anyone who can be spared is here to help. It's hard work, possibly the first physical work-for-pay of this sheltered life. On GA4, there's a gallimaufry of backgrounds, education and skills all cranking hard. But also a "see one, do one, teach one" approach where people are coming in, taking over, forming the cartilage of the line and teams that become the next shift.
    I hear these things too:
    " -- Robots don't get sore shoulders.
    -- I look down the line a bit and there's Elon, torquing bolts.
    -- I come in the next morning and engineering has completely reconstructed how a whole section works. It's faster.
    -- Yes, I'm now very glad I went to college but I also have a new frame of reference for when I think 'that is not do-able'. This GA4 thing is incredible, chaotic and ramping. "

All I can say in response to this brief phone conv is "wow. i'm so impressed. experience of a lifetime. you are awesome".
    Stopped short of "you are now my favorite kid!".
    Sort of wishing it was me, 35 years younger.

But just proud.

• Love x 60
    • Like x 36
    • Informative x 4
    • Disagree x 1