Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
from a post in the Model 3 forum,

Tesla Stock Options Traders Target Key Level Ahead of Expiration

“... TESLA STOCK JUMPS ON MODEL 3 PRODUCTION BUZZ
Tesla stock was trading near its highest levels since late October earlier -- topping out at $349 -- after JPM reported on the company's private investor meeting at the Detroit Auto Show. The brokerage firm said TSLA's head of investment relations indicated Model 3 production will reach 1,000 cars per week this month -- an increase from fourth-quarter numbers, with the recent bottleneck issues resolved....”

a little more detail from Reuters,

“...

** JPM note on meeting cites Tesla head of investment relations Aaron Chew as saying Model 3 production will reach 1,000 per week in January, up from Q4.

** Chew also promises main production bottleneck has been solved and says Tesla has cash to see it through launch as long as Model 3 hits 5,000 units a week by end of Q2.

** Reuters has not heard or seen a copy of the presentation which was given at a private meeting with investors organized by Deutsche Bank...”

Told y'all they weren't at 1000 / week. Not a hater.

Is this saying they have to get to 5000 / wk by end of Q2 or else they are out of cash??!

I believe you, but it's not a particularly good supporting argument for an EV. I have the option to stop and rest for as long as I want while traveling in an ICE, but I also have the option to get back on the road after a very short refuel. This issue will be resolved over time as faster charging becomes available, but recharging is a disadvantage in today's world.

"recharging" sounds like you're talking charging on a trip and comparing it to filling an ICE with gas or diesel. Maybe the people you know do a lot of day trips and need to supercharge, but that is not the norm. I charge at home during the 22 or 23 hours a day my car is sitting idle. Most gas cars can't do that. And when I AM on a trip, my SuC stop is around 20 minutes, part of which is bathroom break and/or food stop. Tell me again the advantages of gassing up...

By the way, I went to Sacramento the other day, 215 mile round trip. I did not stop at superchargers.

Told y'all they weren't at 1000 / week. Not a hater.

Is this saying they have to get to 5000 / wk by end of Q2 or else they are out of cash??!

I take it as, if Tesla can meet the new schedule, another cap raise will not be necessary for the Model 3 ramp. If that's the case, it's more that material further delays would mean their cash in hand cushion would drop below their comfort level rather than Tesla literally being out of cash at the end of June.

Confirmed on Jan 6th, today they said pickup as early as next Monday. They also said I could configure my 2nd reservation but I put that off until the AWD is available. They said sometime in 2018 for the AWD.

What was your delivering window pre invite? I'm currently Jan-March but I'm not planning to order since I bought model X instead. I do have a friend that stood in line with me that is Dec-Feb.

Reactions: DragonWatch
Yeah, it's a good point. I don't see how his production numbers correlate very well with his stock price guesses. We would certainly expect his Q1 number, if accurate, to result in a drop in the share price for sure.

On the other hand, I am pretty sure that if you had opinioned only 2000 cars delivered by year end back in September on this forum, most participants would have said such numbers must certainly tank the stock. But they didnt. The price is remarkably resilient in face of not so great news on the Model 3 ramp. Maybe that's what he is taking into account?

I've never had trouble finding a gas station. While on the road, if I close my eyes and coast to a stop, I'll likely be parked next to a pump. :) After I put the nozzle in the filler, I barely have time to wash the windows before the tank is filled. I doubt even the biggest supporters of EVs (and I'm one) find your claim re: refueling valid.

I guess you just live on expressways, because if you ever took the back roads, you'd know what I'm talking about. Gas stations on the back roads have been disappearing for decades now.

Tesla plans to add fourth dealership on Long Island

Tesla has seven locations in New York State, including three on Long Island. A Manhasset location offers sales and service, while “galleries” in East Hampton and Huntington Station are only for viewing vehicles.

Tesla has already met its cap under state law of five sales facilities, but a bill to expand that number was introduced in the legislature this month.

This is completely idiotic on the part of the California decision-makers at Tesla, who apparently can't read a map. More and more Long Island locations and nothing upstate?

Also there's no cap on service center locations, only on sales locations.

Tesla does not need any change in state law to build service centers upstate. And it's idiotic to have five locations downstate and nothing upstate.

Status
Not open for further replies.