Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm from portugal same difference. o_O

Ever since Bush and his invasion of Iraq and unwarranted slaughter of innocent people - you know, collateral damage AKA justifiable terrorism, I have visited various European countries as a place to escape. Portugal rates way high up there, but I could not manage their language at all. But then, I dropped out of German classes in college because I didn't like the rules. I speak English and have always been linguistically challenged with other languages. And as much as I want to leave, I am like salmon coming home to spawn. I enjoy the trips elsewhere and the discussions with people who are not Americans, but I get anxious to come home.

Tesla becoming a success in spite of all the hurdles has been the redeeming aspect of life in this country for me. But it's true that Europe has some very fine looking women and gazing at them as they pass by the bistros makes for an ever enticing trip abroad.

So now I suppose I have offered something to offend everyone. What's new?

Ever since Bush and his invasion of Iraq and unwarranted slaughter of innocent people - you know, collateral damage AKA justifiable terrorism, I have visited various European countries as a place to escape. Portugal rates way high up there, but I could not manage their language at all. But then, I dropped out of German classes in college because I didn't like the rules. I speak English and have always been linguistically challenged with other languages. And as much as I want to leave, I am like salmon coming home to spawn. I enjoy the trips elsewhere and the discussions with people who are not Americans, but I get anxious to come home.

Tesla becoming a success in spite of all the hurdles has been the redeeming aspect of life in this country for me. But it's true that Europe has some very fine looking women and gazing at them as they pass by the bistros makes for an ever enticing trip abroad.

So now I suppose I have offered something to offend everyone. What's new?
Born in Portugal but live In the U.S.A. but because of the orange one i..... wrong place to discuss sorry. :confused:
Moderator’s prerogative: AZRI11, please check your Private Discussions

Last edited by a moderator:
We will see. We have an opportunity to test the theory about shorts outlined in the most excellent thread here. If the key point of the shorts is to cut-off access to capital, then we will see a magical change over the coming weeks and months: at 5k Model 3/week even the most dedicated short will understand that Tesla will be able to "grow organically" and won't need further capital through either equity or dept.
I'm not sure they're that smart, bluntly. Not sure they're smart enough to give up. They may try to cut off Tesla's access to its lines of credit, drive the stock price low enough that the convertibles have to be paid off in cash, or even sabotage equipment to induce expensive replacements. I think they'll realize it's hopeless after Tesla actually reports GAAP profits for two quarters, but quite possibly not before then.

If however, this is a campaign funded by fossil fuel industries, then the shorts won't relent. Simple as that :)
In this case they'll relent when they start to run out of money, which is around 5 years from now for oil. They have other priorities like making sure they don't lose the airplane market too.

If it's funded by competing auto manufacturers, they will never relent.

Unless Tesla has a supplier problem with the white seat material, I don't see why they can't make as many of them as they want. Just drop a bolt of white into the equipment instead of black and presto, white seats. Am I missing something?

Pretty obviously they have a supply problem with the white seat material.

Seeking Alpha shorts has my permission to use the following ideas to pen their FUD for Monday.

5000 Model 3 in one week was an unsustainable anomaly.

Tesla has to return the tents they bought at Walmart before 30 days.

5000 Model 3 bankrupts Tesla faster. Was supposed to be bankruptcy in mid 2019 but the more cars made the faster this comes.

Long dated Puts at the $5 strike are easy money.

• Informative
Reactions: AndreN and 22522
With the number of GA lines, I think this means they're cleanly and reliably over 5000/week, with everything having a maximum rate a little bit under 6000/week (giving allowance for downtime while still doing 5000/week).

Don't get optimistic about exceeding 5000/week quickly. It's becoming clear that a lot of duplications or changes will be necessary to get to 10000/week: probably an entire new paint line, major work on the GA lines and probably a new GA line, quite possibly some improvements to the body line (worst case, a whole new body line), and some more lines at the Gigafactory. I'm not sure where they would *put* new paint, body, and GA lines. I'm sure the target is still 10000/week by end of year, and due to learning from experience it should be a lot cheaper than the cost of getting to 5000/week, but I wouldn't expect to see anything in excess of 6000/week for at least three months -- even if they were ready to go with their plan for 10,000/week, there will be a lot of long-lead-time items involved, and after what Musk has said, Tesla has to be careful to make a profit in Q3.
Interesting thoughts.

Even though the land the factory is on has been shrinking due to the super-high-density government housing project smack dab in the middle of an area the factory could have expanded into, forever causing probably a trillion dollars worth of damage to the California economy just so a couple of stanky asses on the Fremont city council could put tassels on their hot tub, there's still room left.

Compare daily satellite images of Tesla production locations

It's not the manly room left before the city took most that free land, but it is enough to squeeze in another tent line where the test track is (and perhaps move the test track to around the tent), and another tent line where the South of factory (North of Fisher) dirt parking lot is that doesn't seem to get used that much any more anyway.

That would be a lot cheaper than other ideas I've had: put a couple of lines elsewhere, like in Livermore, Nevada, somewhere on I-80, or in the deserts in South California where they have plenty of solar power. Transport would be a problem, but I was thinking the new cargo blimp designs could carry quite a bit using electric motors, even with solar panels on the skin, and there wouldn't be a need for ground transport hell. Locations in Nevada and near Fremont might not need as much transport. Another option is a bit of land out East of 680: nothing extravagent, just enough to put a few more tent lines.

• Helpful
Reactions: neroden
I believe Ford is a little bid confused about comparisons.

The question is not how many ICE cars Tesla can produce per week but how many Model 3 like EV cars Ford can produce.

These fundamental misunderstanding may be a larger risk for the future of Ford.

"Not impressed was Steven Armstrong, Ford Motor's CEO for Europe, the Middle East and Africa. "7000 car, circa 4 hours (heart) Ford Team (heart),"

Tesla 'real car company' after hitting Model 3 goal, Musk says

To answer the question I believe Ford has so far a weekly production rate of Model 3 like cars of zero.

Last edited:
I believe Ford is a little bid confused about comparisons.

The question is not how many ICE cars Tesla can produce per week but how many Model 3 like EV cars Ford can produce.

These fundamental misunderstanding may be a larger risk for the future of Ford.

"Not impressed was Steven Armstrong, Ford Motor's CEO for Europe, the Middle East and Africa. "7000 car, circa 4 hours (heart) Ford Team (heart),"

Tesla 'real car company' after hitting Model 3 goal, Musk says

To answer the question I believe Ford has so far a weekly production rate of Model 3 like cars of zero.

Yeah, but I hear their passenger sedan production is really going to take off in the next couple of years, with a flagship sports sedan that is already being nicknamed the "Tesla Killer!"

Status
Not open for further replies.