Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Option 5: Start of first shift on sunday until end of last shift on saturday. Because why split a shift into two weeks...

Option 6: it's completely irrelevant in the medium term.

Meanwhile, mid-360s premarket...
tenor.gif

Desperation about what? I'm not a short seller. I don't own any TSLA stock or any funds that short TSLA. I'm just defending my integrity that some have cast doubt over, as people on here called me a FUD spreader, when it turns out what I said was the complete opposite and the FUD accusers were the only ones spreading FUD.

Frankly, I find Elon's constant need for setting self-proclaimed deadlines pretty stupid. Especially when he always busts them. If he really needs to set production deadlines, keep them as loose internal goals, and tell the public more general figures, like "around 5k/week by around July". If you come up a little short like they just did? No problem, as a hard number was never promised. If you beat the internal goals? Then go ahead and gloat about it in public.

GM got burned making production goals about the Volt initially that they never came close to hitting. After that fiasco, GM never made public any officials production goals for their EVs. GM learned from their mistake of overpromising and underdelivering, but it seems Elon just can't resist putting his neck out there time and time again, only for the guillotine to drop. Luckily for him, he seems to have 9 lives like a cat.

This is exactly what Elon did though. From Q1 deliveries letter:

"Tesla continues to target a production rate of approximately 5,000 units per week in about three months,"

Tesla confirms record production of 34,494 vehicles last quarter, ~10,000 Model 3 vehicles

I vaguely remember he also said something along the lines of "5k a week within 1st few days of July".

Desperation about what? I'm not a short seller. I don't own any TSLA stock or any funds that short TSLA. I'm just defending my integrity that some have cast doubt over, as people on here called me a FUD spreader, when it turns out what I said was the complete opposite and the FUD accusers were the only ones spreading FUD.

Frankly, I find Elon's constant need for setting self-proclaimed deadlines pretty stupid. Especially when he always busts them. If he really needs to set production deadlines, keep them as loose internal goals, and tell the public more general figures, like "around 5k/week by around July". If you come up a little short like they just did? No problem, as a hard number was never promised. If you beat the internal goals? Then go ahead and gloat about it in public.

GM got burned making production goals about the Volt initially that they never came close to hitting. After that fiasco, GM never made public any officials production goals for their EVs. GM learned from their mistake of overpromising and underdelivering, but it seems Elon just can't resist putting his neck out there time and time again, only for the guillotine to drop. Luckily for him, he seems to have 9 lives like a cat.

He just made more EVs in a week than GM has this entire year (Volts aren't EVs). How is that stupid?

Funny. I read the first paragraph and the following. I am certain it describes the same person.

Well, looks like the initial euphoria is waning somewhat as the price has come back some. Wouldn't be surprised to see it drop another few dollars after opening bell. We need some more undeniable good news to keep it climbing.

When is the financials call? ;)

Dan

Yeah, I'm showing a mere 4.7% gap up pre-open... Should switch back to T-notes or cash..
;)

Financials call is next month. Production/ delivery numbers is next couple days...

EDIT Q2 number report is out today!
Tesla Q2 2018 Vehicle Production and Deliveries | Tesla, Inc.

Last edited:
The interesting part of that article for me is that Ito said most of the $1.8 billion already committed has already been invested.
Seems likely Panasonic will need to start investing again now with production ramping and TE picking up the pace. Will they add more sections this year, or can they improve production within the existing structure? I’m sure they want to minimize investment while preparing for the China plant, but need more capacity immediately.

Tesla didn't hit 5k/week, sounds but the upper 4,000's. Only apology needed is you forum members accusing me of spreading FUD to me.
I'm already expecting the "oh come on! 5k in 7 days and 5 hours is the same thing as 7 days blah blah blah" excuses. Fact is simple: despite pulling all the stops (temp production tent, 7 days/week 24/7 production, 300 fewer welds per car),
Tesla was still not able to achieve 5k/week.
Tesla reportedly hits Model 3 manufacturing goal hours after its deadline
giphy.gif

Keep trying to hold on to your FUD, its working... ;)

Option 1: Reuters/ their source is incorrect and Tesla made 5k midnight to midnight.
Option 2: Tesla made 5k cars in the span of Sun 5 a.m. to Sunday 5 a.m.

This was my thought too. The media is reading the whole situation wrong, as if it took an additional 5 hours of production, on top of 1 week, to build 5,000 Model 3's. The only thing Tesla missed was their own self-imposed deadline of doing it by midnight June 30th. Or, another thought I had was that they actually did produce 5,000 cars by midnight, but the last car didn't get the final QC stamp until 5 AM. Either way, 5,000 Model 3's were manufactured in 1 week.The shorts just love spinning it their own way to discredit Tesla.

Status
Not open for further replies.