Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta agree. A respectable, ethical reporter wouldn’t have Tweeted that.

Maybe she used to be ethical. It appears that something changed her.

People can change. Not always for the better.
I find that people tend to tweet with less care than what they say in a professional setting, and often let more of their emotions filter through. For some professions, for example such as politicians, journalists, CEOs whose job descriptions involve public communication, it seems that they should be more restrained in their tweets, but doesn't seem like the case these days. I don't like what Dana tweeted, but I think trolling her back on twitter will just escalate the tension and make her tweets more defensive and less unbiased.

Elon's post about short burn said "about three weeks". That was two weeks ago yesterday. So maybe it's related to some upcoming news, not the Q2 production.

Q2 production is probably part of it. If Tesla did hold back a bunch of cars for US delivery until this week, we should see a flood of deliveries this week. That's probably the second part that will trigger the short burn.

Elon's post about short burn said "about three weeks". That was two weeks ago yesterday. So maybe it's related to some upcoming news, not the Q2 production.

He also said, before that, ‘these are really big numbers’. I keep wondering, what could that possibly mean? It doesn’t make much sense for it to refer to 5000/wk, since that number was already out there, and a squeeze would presumably be triggered by a surprise.

I cannot think of any 'really big numbers' though, can you guys? It's not as we're imagining there is a secret China GF facility completely built with the whole world unaware going online and making an additional 5k cars a week in the next 7 days. So I'm wondering what we're all missing here. I was promised the flames from the shorts burning would be visible from the International Space Station but so far not even a spark in sight. Also my metaphor game is on fire today.

He also said, before that, ‘these are really big numbers’. I keep wondering, what could that possibly mean? It doesn’t make much sense for it to refer to 5000/wk, since that number was already out there, and a squeeze would presumably be triggered by a surprise.

Moment I’ve been waiting almost a year for. If they’re going to pipeline this scale up, then the hardest part is over. Now, it’s about capital and assets to build up multiple gigafactories and refine the current robotics and manufacturing software. Wait till we start hearing of all the gigactories they’re going to start building soon.

I get the sense the tents were a way to test the quality of cars in various conditions before this massive scale up. Namely, without Wall Street money and, instead, Tesla and government money from numerous countries. Elon’s said it’d take 100 Gigafactories to satisfy demand of transitioning the world to sustainable energy and transportation.

Meanwhile, the NYT takes on Cuomo's Buffalo gamble -- including the Tesla solar factory. Amazingly, the "Tesla" name is buried in the article -- this is definitely an article aimed at questioning Cuomo, not Tesla, though Tesla doesn't come off looking that great.

Cuomo’s ‘Buffalo Billion’: Is New York Getting Its Money’s Worth?

Makes me wonder what's going to happen to the Tesla Solar GF2. Is it on track, hitting its planned milestones?

• Informative
Reactions: immunogold
I don't like what Dana tweeted, but I think trolling her back on twitter will just escalate the tension and make her tweets more defensive and less unbiased.

Yes. I don't intend to troll her. I have even suggested that she get in touch with Bonnie and get Bonnie's help in mending fences with Tesla Apparently, Tesla have blacklisted her from 2015 onward after her negative story on Tesla's foray into China (In retrospect, proven ridiculously false).

I will only point it out to everyone else when she aggressively and obviously goes looking for something negative to write about Tesla.

Meanwhile, the NYT takes on Cuomo's Buffalo gamble -- including the Tesla solar factory. Amazingly, the "Tesla" name is buried in the article -- this is definitely an article aimed at questioning Cuomo, not Tesla, though Tesla doesn't come off looking that great.

Cuomo’s ‘Buffalo Billion’: Is New York Getting Its Money’s Worth?

Makes me wonder what's going to happen to the Tesla Solar GF2. Is it on track, hitting its planned milestones?
From FY 2017 update given about 5 months ago:

“Initial production of Solar Roof at the Gigafactory 2 in Buffalo started in Q4, and we are ahead of schedule with the hiring targets we’ve agreed to with the state of New York.”

http://ir.tesla.com/static-files/ae336f83-b5ea-4bd0-966d-ee0dd327f44c

I find that people tend to tweet with less care than what they say in a professional setting, and often let more of their emotions filter through. For some professions, for example such as politicians, journalists, CEOs whose job descriptions involve public communication, it seems that they should be more restrained in their tweets, but doesn't seem like the case these days. I don't like what Dana tweeted, but I think trolling her back on twitter will just escalate the tension and make her tweets more defensive and less unbiased.

Dana can be as biased as she wants - like it or not, Pravaduh is coming soon.

I cannot think of any 'really big numbers' though, can you guys? It's not as we're imagining there is a secret China GF facility completely built with the whole world unaware going online and making an additional 5k cars a week in the next 7 days. So I'm wondering what we're all missing here. I was promised the flames from the shorts burning would be visible from the International Space Station but so far not even a spark in sight. Also my metaphor game is on fire today.

Perhaps the California battery project and maybe the potential battery project in the UK.

Yes. I don't intend to troll her. I have even suggested that she get in touch with Bonnie and get Bonnie's help in mending fences with Tesla Apparently, Tesla have blacklisted her from 2015 onward after her negative story on Tesla's foray into China (In retrospect, proven ridiculously false).

I will only point it out to everyone else when she aggressively and obviously goes looking for something negative to write about Tesla.
Blacklisted?

This seems to be a well coordinated 'bull trap'. My suspicion is that the shorts/deep pocketed bears wanted to 'stick it to' EM because of his proclamation about the 'short burn of the century'.

I don’t know why everyone on these forums is so convinced that “bears are pushing the price down” every time the stock goes down.

Many of the institutions long (e.g. Baillie Gifford, T. Rowe, Fidelity, etc.) may be choosing to lighten up some of their existing very large positions on “good news” events like today (‘buy on the rumor, sell on the news).

I've always thought he was referring to the short interest.

I don't think there are any surprise news coming, although I would be happy to be proven wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.