Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Tesla delivered 34,494 cars in Q1 2018 and 53,339 in Q2 2018. If we assume the rate does not increase from here in Q3 and Q4 (a ridiculous assumption, but whatever), this means Tesla will deliver 200,000 cars total this year at the very least. This is double the 2017 number. If on top of that Q3 and Q4 are anywhere close to GAAP profitable, I am trying very hard to imagine a Universe in which the stock is under $400 (by which I mean $500) in Jan 2019 and I really, really can't do it.

But hey, I'm sure someone will be along to make that argument, shortly.

So Tesla delivered 34,494 cars in Q1 2018 and 53,339 in Q2 2018. If we assume the rate does not increase from here in Q3 and Q4 (a ridiculous assumption, but whatever), this means Tesla will deliver 200,000 cars total this year at the very least. This is double the 2017 number. If on top of that Q3 and Q4 are anywhere close to GAAP profitable, I am trying very hard to imagine a Universe in which the stock is under $400 (by which I mean $500) in Jan 2019 and I really, really can't do it.

But hey, I'm sure someone will be along to make that argument, shortly.
these short A-holes. game on.
Tesla stock downgraded to sell from hold at CFRA

Yeah I agree the premarket pop looked to be getting away so there was sure to be a counter.
By the volume this is the big boys stepping up.
It has the hallmarks of bear raid manipulation -- large numbers of shares sold in block orders in 1-3 minutes. Longs who are trying to get out will generally dribble their shares out in small orders over the course of the day in order to try to get a better price. (The only exception being if *really* bad news just came out.) Dumping shares all at once to run through the order book is the hallmark of manipulation to drive the price down.

I also drove by the factory South overflow lot by Fisher. It is uncharacteristically empty, but there are 18 or 19 empty carriers and one carrier getting loaded with an S, with a crowd of carrier drivers talking. I don’t know why they are empty or waiting, and I don’t know why they aren’t all down at the above mentioned lot with hundreds of cars, to deliver those. I drove back to that lot and didn’t see any carriers in front loading. Logistics wants those empty carriers idling there instead of loading a thousand new cars here, for whatever reason. Any ideas? While driving there, I saw the Fremont Delivery Center busy delivering a handful of Model 3’s at that moment, so we know they are delivering some now, probably more.
Followup: I went back there to the product lot by test track. Two carriers were loaded. I followed three empty carriers across Dixon to the motel, where I saw eight nine empty carriers parked. The drivers getting out looked flustered. These are nice well kept trucks, and the drivers looked experienced.

Note: every carrier I saw today was open air.

I drove past the lot again and it had 4.5 carriers loaded.

Watching this process is kind of like watching cooks watch cold molasses thaw and pour. Without a full time satellite feed and/or a hacked factory computer, the big traders that probably DO have that probably play with us like cat and mouse.

Last edited:
New 10-K is out. Doug Field is gone.
That does it. I didn't receive either email today! They must have dropped my email from Investors Overview | Tesla, Inc..

I did not know the production numbers earlier today when everyone else did at 6:30AM, because I looked in all the wrong places for the release. I expected the release today, but never saw it. I even looked at IR.Tesla.Com; did I just misread it? Looks like I looked at "Events" instead of "Releases". Ugh. I'm getting worse and worse at paperwork.

Anyway, if I had known, the down day would have made a lot more sense.

Last edited:
Just need to speak up here - I know Dana & she's extremely ethical. You may disagree with her articles at time (I do), but she's not anti-Tesla or pro-Tesla. She's a reporter. (And fyi, she's been attacked many many times as being just another Tesla fangirl. Also unfair.)
@bonnie Exhibit A that Dana is far from a reporter

Dana Hull on Twitter

There are many many more, mocking & throwing shade at Tesla, at a time when everyone @ Tesla were working their a$$ off. I am just plain disgusted with her. I will do everything in my power to make her a bit more humble.

That does it. I didn't receive either email today! They must have dropped my email from Investors Overview | Tesla, Inc..

I did not know the production numbers earlier today when everyone else did at 6:30AM, because I looked in all the wrong places for the release. I expected the release today, but never saw it. I even looked at IR.Tesla.Com; did I just misread it? Looks like I looked at "Events" instead of "Releases". Ugh. I'm getting worse and worse at paperwork.

Anyway, if I had known, the down day would have made a lot more sense.
I didn't receive any email about the delivery report of the 8K either, wonder what changed. Today's stock price sucked but it won't matter in a quarter or 2. The important thing is that I got a call and scheduled delivery for this Thur 7/5. I'm going to enjoy my Tesla, root for Elon, and the stock price will take care of itself.

@bonnie Exhibit A that Dana is far from a reporter

Dana Hull on Twitter

There are many many more, mocking & throwing shade at Tesla, at a time when everyone @ Tesla were working their a$$ off. I am just plain disgusted with her. I will do everything in my power to make her a bit more humble.

Gotta agree. A respectable, ethical reporter wouldn’t have Tweeted that.

Maybe she used to be ethical. It appears that something changed her.

People can change. Not always for the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.