Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn't Linette be innocent until proven guilty?

So far, I only see:
  • Tripp, a dubious and legally screwed guy, accusing her of offering payment with no hard evidence that she ever did
    • Shouldn't there be an email? A recording? Something that shows compensation was expected?
  • Linette's previous negative coverage
That's a weak, weak case.

How do you know he doesn't already have hard evidence?

If he has then he should come forward with it. Otherwise it's just hearsay and he's making even more enemies than he has.

Did you even read the tweet?
Elon is not (directly) making the accusation, he asked for her response to someone's direct claim of their interaction.

Sounds very sketchy if true. @lopezlinette, is it possible you’re serving as an inside trading source for one of Tesla’s biggest short-sellers? An ex-Tesla employee just went on record formally claiming you bribed him & he sent you valuable Tesla IP in exchange. Is this true?

...Elon is not (directly) making the accusation, he asked for her response to someone's direct claim of their interaction.
The reporter in question follows Tesla hit pieces with requests for employees and customers to provide information. After each of several separate articles, I responded by politely asking the reporter nothing more than whether positive Tesla information would be appreciated. No replies have been received. I'll not ask again.

Business Insider defends their reporter:

Alyson Shontell on Twitter

Musk already firing back:

The answer why she won't go on record:

Because she has no obligation to do so?

Here, watch: are you guys 100% certain that Elon Musk has legal US immigration status? Why won't he go on record and say he's legal status? Why won't he post his immigration documents?

If Elon doesn't reply, it means he must not be here legally.

... Or, he has no obligation to respond?
Aand he/she/it is blocked

The reporter in question follows Tesla hit pieces with requests for employees and customers to provide information. After each of several separate articles, I responded by politely asking the reporter nothing more than whether positive Tesla information would be appreciated. No replies have been received. I'll not ask again.

What would be more powerful is if everyone on here that has twitter demands a response from her employer! They need to be held accountable just like any of us would be held had we practice dishonest tactics.

I think it is very telling that Lopez has retweeted people saying that she would never pay/bribe a source, but she has not actually denied it herself. So she isn't staying silent, she just isn't denying it. I know that doesn't prove guilt, but it sure makes her look guilty. (Just like taking the 5th when testifying on the stand.)

And now we have Melissa Lee saying that Lopez lied in one of her 2014 articles. Seems to hurt her credibility some.

Hello mr. Trump! Nice of you to visit this forum ;)

Not enough spelling errors and weird capitalization... And not enough single-syllable all-caps last words (i.e. SAD).

Content, however, is overall of similar quality.

Although it is a pleasant thought, I do not "vote" that Trump is behind this avian alias.

Did you even read the tweet?
Elon is not (directly) making the accusation, he asked for her response to someone's direct claim of their interaction.

Potato potatoh. When asking these kind of questions a person is obviously implying positive response. Technically it's just an innocent question, but that's lawyers talk. Even if not directly, he is making the accusation. And if that accusation doesn't have any ground or is just a retweet or follow up from some random person on the Internet, then that's even worse. And then he continues bashing her with further tweets. And some of them are even wrong (see this thread: Elon Musk on Twitter ). If hearsay is all he has then he really shouldn't be attacking another person like that publicly.

Well, at this point I actually hope he's able to prove the connection between Tripp, Linette and Chanos.
Such a story would immediately justify all his recents twitter wars, other media would talk about it and maybe there would be apologies (sincere or not, I don't care, but CNBC or Reuters publocly apologizing would be important).
I think the connection is actually there, but we need it to be proved, otherwise media will always spin it like they do all the time.
And that could give him the possibility to do the grand gesture and not pursue Tripp or Linette, but Chanos himself (that IMO would be Game Set Match, and huge PR).

I don't know...

Just like Tesla/Musk/we criticised Tripp for going to the media with his "whistleblowing" instead of proper authorities, I think we should criticise Musk for going to the media (yes, Twitter) with accusations of criminal activity instead of proper authorities.

While I totally understand where he is coming from, I'd rather him accept those invitations to BI or CNBC and take control of the narrative and let courts and lawyers do their work.

I disagreed for the simple reason BI and CNBC are not friendly territory therefore disadvantage Elon. No matter what he says there’s a better than 75%+ chance it’ll be twisted and spun in under 24 hours.

On Twitter he can control his narrative. He has 20+ million followers, he can block anyone he wants and he can’t be ‘edited’ by anyone but himself (and Twitter if he breaks their rules).

Some people disagree with how he’s conducting himself, but not one of those people have ever walked a mile in his shoes. And until they do, it’s just another opinion in a sea of opinions that carry no weight.

Let the lawyers deal with this and have EM go back to making cars, batteries and solar tiles. You know, the Mission Statement kinda stuff.

I am a long time contributor and bull. If you read this IR or EM: Profit=Steak. As a friend of mine says 'the rest is just noise' Just do it. ( I have faith you can )
I hope he’s got someone else tweeting for him at times, but doubt it. Better yet would be Karpatthy writing a Twitter AI for 90% of his tweets, just to keep his enemies off balance and thinking he’s wasting his time.

• Funny
Reactions: Lessmog
Status
Not open for further replies.