Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, at this point I actually hope he's able to prove the connection between Tripp, Linette and Chanos.
Such a story would immediately justify all his recents twitter wars, other media would talk about it and maybe there would be apologies (sincere or not, I don't care, but CNBC or Reuters publocly apologizing would be important).
I think the connection is actually there, but we need it to be proved, otherwise media will always spin it like they do all the time.
And that could give him the possibility to do the grand gesture and not pursue Tripp or Linette, but Chanos himself (that IMO would be Game Set Match, and huge PR).

On the one hand it would be great, because it would have a huge impact on their credibility and they are hurting Tesla. On the other hand, there could be unintended consequences. If it is proven that any of the major news outlets facilitated "fake news" then it hurts all the outlets and emboldens Trump to call any outlet he targets as fake news.

There are lots of industries hurt by the success of Musk's various companies and they are using any means available to block him. CNBC looks to be the significant threat to honest journalism, but if the media overall gets damaged, this country is going to be in a real bind.

To be clear, I hear local news repeating stories that are distorted or biased but I don't think the reporters who are reading it are knowledgeable enough to slant things. It's the puppet masters pulling strings that are the problem. If the puppet masters are excised, the distorted picture can be refocused. In this case, it isn't the baby and bathwater as much as the turd in the pool.

Pass the popcorn. You can not make this stuff up. Love me a good unfolding drama.

Interestingly, Tripp is denying it on his gofundme page. I wonder where Elon got the information about Tripp stating that...

Posted by Martin Tripp
1 hour ago

The question keeps coming up: Was I given money by BI or anyone else. The answer is NO. I have never expected, accepted, given, or received any money or other form of payment or favor, and none was ever offered. I only wanted to provide the truth as to what was going on. I never wanted a promotion or raise. I actually wanted others to take my job so that they could build a career! Money is not everything in this world (although attorneys certainly need it :-(. )

Potato potatoh. When asking these kind of questions a person is obviously implying positive response. Technically it's just an innocent question, but that's lawyers talk. Even if not directly, he is making the accusation. And if that accusation doesn't have any ground or is just a retweet or follow up from some random person on the Internet, then that's even worse. And then he continues bashing her with further tweets. And some of them are even wrong (see this thread: Elon Musk on Twitter ). If hearsay is all he has then he really shouldn't be attacking another person like that publicly.

If the situation were at all what you are describing, that would be one thing and your post would have meaning. But it is not the situation.

An ex-Tesla employee, said they were paid for Tesla IP by a third party.
Elon, asked the party if that was true.
You know what that is called? Journalism.
A journalist gets information, then corroborates it. Is asking for corroboration or denial always an accusation?

As for what you call wrong, you would need to get the definitive semantical version of what “ 'dancing her face off' with Chanos in Vegas" meant to the parties vs "Both David Tepper and Jim Chanos had tables at The Bellagio's Hyde. CNBC's Melissa Lee was also there dancing her face off."
If Melissa wasn't 'dancing her face off', then Elon is correct. If Melissa understood the meaning of the question, Elon is correct. If Lopez's article caused people to think Mellisa was co-located with Chanos, and she was not, Elon is correct.

If Mellisa's response is "I was dancing, but not with Chanos", and no one other than Elon took the article to mean she was (dancing + Chanos), then Elon is wrong. Assuming he is trying to state that exact senario.

Posted by Martin Tripp
1 hour ago

The question keeps coming up: Was I given money by BI or anyone else. The answer is NO. I have never expected, accepted, given, or received any money or other form of payment or favor, and none was ever offered. I only wanted to provide the truth as to what was going on. I never wanted a promotion or raise. I actually wanted others to take my job so that they could build a career! Money is not everything in this world (although attorneys certainly need it :-(. )

Highlighted part by me. Wasn't his motive for leaking stated (by him) because he was passed over for a promotion?

I wish that instead of all this tweeting Elon would just say: look it's end of week 1 in July and we just made 5k+ new M3's in the last 7 days. Then there would be no need for these Twitter wars. Couple more weeks like that and most shorts would be out.

First of all, employees took some much needed time off this week to celebrate July 4th.

Secondly, hahahahahaha! Um. No. The shorts won’t be leaving any time soon. They’ve been at this stock since IPO.

Silly question, or observation, or whatever, but did Elon ever say that it was Tripp who said it? Maybe they found and rolled another agent.

I don’t believe Elon ever said it was Tripp, did he?

He didn't say that Tripp admitted it, but in the line of questioning he sort of insinuated it: Tweet

Indeed, very simple question. To be specific: @lopezlinette, did you compensate or promise to compensate Martin Tripp for inside information about Tesla? Did he, under that inducement, provide you with exaggerated negative info, which you printed, but turned out to be untrue?

If the situation were at all what you are describing, that would be one thing and your post would have meaning. But it is not the situation.

An ex-Tesla employee, said they were paid for Tesla IP by a third party.
Elon, asked the party if that was true.
You know what that is called? Journalism.
A journalist gets information, then corroborates it. Is asking for corroboration or denial always an accusation?

As for what you call wrong, you would need to get the definitive semantical version of what “ 'dancing her face off' with Chanos in Vegas" meant to the parties vs "Both David Tepper and Jim Chanos had tables at The Bellagio's Hyde. CNBC's Melissa Lee was also there dancing her face off."
If Melissa wasn't 'dancing her face off', then Elon is correct. If Melissa understood the meaning of the question, Elon is correct. If Lopez's article caused people to think Mellisa was co-located with Chanos, and she was not, Elon is correct.

If Mellisa's response is "I was dancing, but not with Chanos", and no one other than Elon took the article to mean she was (dancing + Chanos), then Elon is wrong. Assuming he is trying to state that exact senario.

Who’s on first.

Hahahaha, this is epic and funny at this point.

I mean, what a conspiracy

This is the CEO of a 60B public company saying that a veteran reporter was too close to a prominent short-seller and, as a result, paid sources to illegally provide insider information.

Has anyone at Tesla provided one shred of hard evidence for this hilarious claim?

Not "oh UAW" or "oh Chanos" or "it's big oil."

Is there any evidence to something that holds up in couet?

Even the "Tripp said it on the record" part is dubious: is that lawsuit already in discovery? Are they already taking sworn testimony?

Elon has lost it. This is unreal.

images

200w.webp

Q4qxhT

Interestingly, Tripp is denying it on his gofundme page. I wonder where Elon got the information about Tripp stating that...

I don’t believe anything the guy says. He gave FALSE info to the media, which directly contradicts this particular statement. He broke an NDA, he put malware on other employees’ computers, he’s already changed his story once before and on it goes.

He’s a thief with no honor. Not credible.

Hahahaha, this is epic and funny at this point.

I mean, what a conspiracy

This is the CEO of a 60B public company saying that a veteran reporter was too close to a prominent short-seller and, as a result, paid sources to illegally provide insider information.

Has anyone at Tesla provided one shred of hard evidence for this hilarious claim?

Not "oh UAW" or "oh Chanos" or "it's big oil."

Is there any evidence to something that holds up in couet?

Even the "Tripp said it on the record" part is dubious: is that lawsuit already in discovery? Are they already taking sworn testimony?

Elon has lost it. This is unreal.

images

200w.webp

Q4qxhT

It was also epic when people such as yourself thought Broder was a hero, until Tesla pulled data logs.

You have a good laugh while you can. But my money is still on Elon. If this whole story turns out to have no validity, I’m quite sure Elon will publicly apologize.

Musk only asked a Twitter question which was seemingly vetted by a lawyer. What is hard evidence? Tesla is collecting evidence for the Tripp lawsuit. Obviously they are conducting an investigation.

a) That question basically amounts to "Did you break the law? Did you commit corporate espionage?" It's absurd on its face. What answer could you possibly expect? "Oh, you got me"?

No, that "question" is just a thinly veiled accusation that dodges libel. If he knew it was true, he would have said it as factual: "Why did you pay Tripp?"

b) If they have evidence, why aren't they releasing it?

I want actual evidence that there's some nefarious connection between Tripp/Linette/Chanos connection aiming to take down Tesla.

Right now, it's purely "Elon said" vs "They said."

The shorts won’t be leaving any time soon. They’ve been at this stock since IPO.
The main concern right now is whether 5k is sustainable. The rest Elon already addressed. No, S production was average and did not suffer. No, brake roll test was not critical and duplicated. Maybe tent quality is another outstanding item and should get clarified soon as people take P/AWD deliveries. 5k means profitability, so there won't be a whole lot of sense in insisting that profitability is impossible if Tesla can maintain 5k+. Some shorts will remain, those who count on no demand left once 420k is filled, but I would think that is a minority and might as well be wiped out by a short squeeze.

Ok 4th is Holiday, make a nice report on 9th instead of 8th. They should have some redundancy, if few workers take vacation, lines mustn't stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.