Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another piece of the puzzle from the paint shop. That could explain the issue they had (past tense!)

(...) "At 3 a.m. on Thursday, the time Tesla made him available for a telephone interview, he said he was trying to fix a glitch in the part of the plant where the Model 3 is painted. “The carrier that the car is on is coming out of the paint booth slightly too fast for the sensor to recognize it, and it’s tripping the sensor even though everything is fine,” he explained.

Tesla engineers are trying to reprogram the sensor so it can operate at the accelerated pace. For now, he said, “we have somebody standing there just pressing the ‘O.K.’ button to restart it.” (...)

Can Elon Musk and Tesla Reinvent the Way Cars Are Made?
Good sign. If it's going too fast for sensor that means production output has Increased exponentially.

I suspect he read an article that they were ending free supercharge, and misunderstood what was going on.
I’m curious as to what revenue impact this is going to have... from what I’ve been able to find out, I’m hearing ~$12-15 for a full charge at superchargers.

For rough estimation, does anyone have an idea on how many kWhs have been charged over a year period on average?

I suspect he read an article that they were ending free supercharge, and misunderstood what was going on.
Imagine being this clueless about something in any other field and doling out advice like you know what the hell you're talking about. It's a sad state of affairs. The older I get the more I realize it's probably the rule, not the exception, that someone is totally full of shite.

Another piece of the puzzle from the paint shop. That could explain the issue they had (past tense!)

(...) "At 3 a.m. on Thursday, the time Tesla made him available for a telephone interview, he said he was trying to fix a glitch in the part of the plant where the Model 3 is painted. “The carrier that the car is on is coming out of the paint booth slightly too fast for the sensor to recognize it, and it’s tripping the sensor even though everything is fine,” he explained.

Tesla engineers are trying to reprogram the sensor so it can operate at the accelerated pace. For now, he said, “we have somebody standing there just pressing the ‘O.K.’ button to restart it.” (...)

Wow. If this is seriously the sort of problem the paint shop is having, we are going to be going at high speed in no time!

Here we go. The "tent in full swing"

Anybody doubting that they can run a real GA in that structure - here it is?! You need to look at the ceiling to understand its really in that tent like structure.

Yes, its a lot of labour and yes there are no robots but still can you imagine how fast the build that and made it operational?

Thats what I love with Tesla, they just do something knowbody expected them to do. At the end the results counts!

merlin_140495457_5001c425-75ce-4a67-8341-f87be51c0f98-superJumbo.jpg
But, but... we've been looking at that drone video for days! That guy on twitter keeps saying no one is working at the tent!

My sense is the tent has 4 purposes:

1. Goose short term production to hit 5,000/week by June 30.
2. Increase mid-term production to allow as many cars as possible to claim the full US tax credit (Q3 + Q4) and as many as possible to claim the stepped down credit (Q1-4 in 2019).
3. Maximize near long-term production while they figure out the overseas GFs that let them get going in 2020-2021.
4. Be a kick-ass party venue after 2021.

Tesla, carry on.

Here we go. The "tent in full swing"

Anybody doubting that they can run a real GA in that structure - here it is?! You need to look at the ceiling to understand its really in that tent like structure.

Yes, its a lot of labour and yes there are no robots but still can you imagine how fast the build that and made it operational?

Thats what I love with Tesla, they just do something knowbody expected them to do. At the end the results counts!

merlin_140495457_5001c425-75ce-4a67-8341-f87be51c0f98-superJumbo.jpg

Sorry, don’t understand this acronym? Pls help.

Oh and the common talk here was, that this is the GA3.

But why are there multiple boxes with GA4 printed on?

View attachment 313650

GA1 is Model S & X inside the factory
GA2 and GA3 are the automated Model 3 lines inside the factory
GA4 is the manual Model 3 line in the tent

Reactions: mrdoubleb
Status
Not open for further replies.