Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting 90D Delivered, Need Help with Car Name

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am getting delivery of my 90D this week. I have been asked what I am going to name the car. I think there is a place in the dashboard where you enter the car name. I was wondering what are typical names for a car. What did you name yours? etc.

Nice Rockster,

Here are my Specs lets see if this helps, maybe someone has a creative name for me.

Model S 90D
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
19" Silver Slipstream Wheels

INTERIOR
Grey Next Generation Seats
Carbon Fiber Décor
Integrated Center Console
Black Alcantara Headliner
Autopilot Convenience Features
Premium Upgrades Package
Rear Facing Seats

What is your ancestry? What local native tribes lived in the area where you now live? What are your interests? Passions?

For instance, my family line traces directly back to Mary, Queen of Scots. So I chose Dealanach for the car name which is Scottish Gaelic for 'lightning' or 'electrical' and got the license plate DEALAN. If you see pictures online of someone receiving delivery of a white model S in a kilt, that's me!

I have yet to name my car and I took delivery a week and a half ago. Pearl white with all chrome wrapped matte black. Thought about the typical "Storm Trooper", but that is over used. So if you have any ideas, I'm open.

BTW, Congrats on the car!

Thanks Erik

So that was actually my first idea....

Thanks Erik

I am getting delivery of my 90D this week. I have been asked what I am going to name the car. I think there is a place in the dashboard where you enter the car name. I was wondering what are typical names for a car. What did you name yours? etc.
How about "Electra" or "Thor" or "Nicola?"

How about Moonraker? ;)

I decided on the most lame name ever. But I made it easy for when I buy another one! Just change the number on the end. I decided on.......... Wait for it........... "TeslaInventory.com #1". So I'm not winning any creative name awards, I can live with that. I guess this is why I don't have kids either. They would be named #1, #2, and so on.

Thanks Erik

If you're old enough to remember the Knight Rider TV series, you could name the car KITT. I'm also struggling for a name. You're welcome to some of my rejects:

Wingardium Leviosa (car has smart air suspension)
Bilbo (car has hairy toes...err maybe not)
Hammer
The Flash
Batmobile
NCC 1701
Last Gas 100 Miles (my Xbox gamer tag)
White Lightning (the car is white)
Spook
Stealth Mode
Optimus Prime
White FBI Surveillance Van (my Wi-Fi network name)

Reactions: DÆrik
I found a cool name on the Delivery spreadsheet: Full Metal Tesla (I think a reference to the Japanese Anime series).

I remember when my first son was born. I refused to pick a name until I actually saw him. Maybe your car will inspire you when it's delivered.

Reactions: Ormond