Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Go Fund Me for EV Charging in SE NM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think 125kW but many get 'nerfed' to reduce demand fees.
My understanding is:
if they are in a shared configuration, they can peak at 125 if only 1 car is using them, but only 800V-class cars will see those speeds and again *if* they choose the shared/combined configuration. 400V-class cars (pretty much everything but Taycan, Lucid, hummer, egmp) will be current limited and I think the peak would be around 80-90 kW (probably 200A?). It would be the first of that configuration of the CPE's in NM but given that there are 4, could be a possibility.

Suddenly an embarrassment of riches if your thing is high priced DCFC with questionable reliability in SE NM :)

Artesia:

Screen Shot 2023-02-17 at 10.15.22 PM.png

Carlsbad: Can't think of any other reason Xcel would be installing (3) 277v 100kVA transformers in the back of an Allsups. No signs of construction yet.

Screen Shot 2023-02-17 at 10.15.46 PM.png

400V-class cars (pretty much everything but Taycan, Lucid, hummer, egmp) will be current limited and I think the peak would be around 80-90 kW (probably 200A?)

I read the spec the same way: 125 Amps per stall, or 200 Amps if one stall is using the power output of two stalls. ChargePoint took a feather out of Tesla's cap since the V3 Supercharger sites have a similar power sharing arrangement, albeit with higher charging speeds.

The Tesla architecture advantage is power sharing between 4 stalls, whereas ChargePoint shares between 2 stalls.

Suddenly an embarrassment of riches if your thing is high priced DCFC with questionable reliability in SE NM :)

Artesia:

View attachment 908599

Carlsbad: Can't think of any other reason Xcel would be installing (3) 277v 100kVA transformers in the back of an Allsups. No signs of construction yet.

View attachment 908600
Thanks a lot for all the work you have done getting chargers hooked up in SE NM. I am a new model 3 owner who lives in Las Cruces but travels frequently to Carlsbad to visit family. Do you have any plans to add more locations or additional chargers at the Carlsbad McDonald’s location ? Definitely would be willing to help however I could to see some more options in the Carlsbad area.

Thanks a lot for all the work you have done getting chargers hooked up in SE NM. I am a new model 3 owner who lives in Las Cruces but travels frequently to Carlsbad to visit family. Do you have any plans to add more locations or additional chargers at the Carlsbad McDonald’s location ? Definitely would be willing to help however I could to see some more options in the Carlsbad area.

You're welcome :) We have the ability to add another pedestal in Carlsbad. I chose a 320A service so we'd have the option. If we raise another ~$4k that is something we plan to do.

Reactions: wreighven and Fleg
@nwdiver: I'm curious if you've considered upgrading locations or doing new installations with Universal Wall Connectors and setting up commercial billing. I've heard six connectors was the minimum but I've also heard they're onboarding people with four connectors.

McDonalds won't allow revenue collection from the chargers. Not sure why.