Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Going down for maintenance this weekend

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there no longer a way to see just watched threads that have new posts? (Vs. it currently showing all watched threads even if there aren't any unread posts in it.)

Are previous post ratings going to get restored?

Same here. I hate to complain after such a big update (looking good, BTW), but please bring back "Unread Watched Threads".

Thank you.

edit: Already a thread on this: Wiki - View Threads with Unread Posts after Upgrade?

They are there, just having some issues with them displaying.

Same here. I hate to complain after such a big update (looking good, BTW), but please bring back "Unread Watched Threads".
Not making any promises, but I will look into this ASAP. Any other type of filters that are absolutely needed?

They are there, just having some issues with them displaying.

OK, I see the ratings are on the posts, so maybe they just aren't included in the "reaction score". (Maybe there is a background process that will re-calculate the score?) Speaking of which are we only going to be able to see that single number now, vs. the break-down, like was shown in the prior version, of the different ratings a user has received by type. (As well as how many they have given of each type.)

But I do really like the idea of having the reaction score shown right next to their posts, as it should help us know how much weight we should give their post.

Last edited:
Is there no longer a way to see just watched threads that have new posts? (Vs. it currently showing all watched threads even if there aren't any unread posts in it.)

I was just about to ask the same thing. Previously, I could just see watched threads that had new posts. Now I see all threads I subscribe to and have to scroll past the ones I've already read.

I was just about to ask the same thing. Previously, I could just see watched threads that had new posts. Now I see all threads I subscribe to and have to scroll past the ones I've already read.
On this page New posts you can click on filters and choose "Watched content" and "Unread threads" and then set that as the default filter. Does that help solve it?

On this page New posts you can click on filters and choose "Watched content" and "Unread threads" and then set that as the default filter. Does that help solve it?
Not really. While it initially shows a bunch of watched threads, the threads continue to show up in the list as I read through each thread. Previously, the Watched Threads link would only show me the threads which still contained unread messages. As I would read each thread, the list would get smaller until it was empty and I was all caught up.

Also, before I would use Watched Threads to read watched threads and New Threads for new threads. Using filters would require me to do 2 or 3 additional clicks.

+1 for previous watched threads or any easy way to see just unread watched threads, although the dot on the right of alerts identifies which have been read (hollow dot) and which are unread (red dot). The drawback being that if you view one the alarm icon disappears even though you might have many left to view. And if you start at the top of alerts and get interrupted before you view everything you might have a first page of cleared dots but a second, hidden page of uncleared dots. Consequently it is better to start with oldest unread first.

That said, +10 for forum updates. Nice work.

Last edited:
I like the forum update.
But I miss the buttons at the bottom for fast "go up" / "go down" that used to "popup" when scrolling.
Please display breadcrumbs at the bottom of the page, so that I can quickly return to the sub-forum of my choice, i.e. "Belgium and the Netherlands" (in Dutch)

Last edited:
Reactions: ucmndd
Maybe this is a bad time for a feature request but I used to come to the site for news as new threads or posts, but it has grown to handle such volume that the ratio of “hey, news” to “how do I?” used to be 10:1 and now it is like 1:100.

Since I follow people I find interesting, I thought it would be useful to see what those I follow are watching with some weight on new threads I hadn’t seen. Just a thought.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Until Doug and Danny get Unread Watched Threads working, you can try my tampermonkey script to mimic this feature on desktop browsers.

And I also want to say everything else looks great!! I especially like the red background when highlighting text and that “dark mode” wasn’t lost. ;) Thanks D&D.

Again, I love the update. But I thought some would appreciate some critical feedback. Specifically, “what’s New” doesn’t seem that useful to me.

Under “what’s new” major heading I see six categories, the first being “what’s new”minor heading. At the moment “what’s new” minor doesn’t seem like a good summary for the other five since it only has latest posts and latest profile posts at the moment.

No watched threads, no new threads unfortunately.

New posts can be customized (filtered) but filtering to watched threads doesn’t identify which have been read well. And filtering to new threads means you stop seeing new posts and have to remember that new threads is now called new posts.

New media, New Media Comments and Profile Posts are things I never view.

I can’t figure out what goes into “Your news feed”. Mine seems to be dominated by the TSLA investors thread which I hate.
And what is “Latest Activity”? Simply new posts plus new likes?

Last edited:
I don't like the new "high contrast" colors, but I found just now the "dark mode" in settings (was that there before?).

The bright white font on the dark mode setting is also too much. Look at most dark theme implementations with a high text volume, they use 238 or lower, not 255.

Also, fonts seem to have gotten smaller. It strains my eyes also in this respect.

Reactions: Dayreg
Hi folks - thanks for pouring your heart & soul into what I'm sure was a grueling upgrade! These kind of updates are never easy and I'm blown away actually with how seamless you've made it. Hopefully you're catching up on some sleep!

One "feature request" I'd ask for if possible (and maybe it's not) would be to have a dropdown menu list of forums - rather than click on the "Forums" button in the header, and then picking the forum I want to go to. Would save a click and reload.

Also possible I have a case of the stupids and I'm missing a quick way to jump between forums?

Thanks much -- and again, great work. IT ain't easy ;-)