Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Site no longer works]Got tired of using Tesla.com and EV-CPO to search inventory, so I built my own

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*Moderator Note: Thread closed as the referenced site has been taken down and no longer is accessible.

I'm cross posting this from /r/TeslaLounge.

https://tezz.la

Before I purchased my M3 LR AWD, I was constantly shopping the existing used and new inventory on Tesla.com, hoping -like many of you - to score a deal or even just find a vehicle that matched my criteria. Tesla.com is slow and limited to a 200 mile radius around a zip code. EV-CPO and the other Tesla Inventory spreadsheets out there are outdated, uninspired, and terrible on mobile. Personally, I do most of my shopping for vehicles on mobile. If you've tried EV-CPO on mobile, you know it's not worth it.

Why you should try tezz.la:
1. The inventory search is inspired by the Tesla.com Inventory search, so it's familiar.
2. It's Mobile-friendly since most car searching happens on a mobile device
3. The data refreshes more frequently than EV-CPO
4. It's named after Elon's pronunciation of Tesla (Tezz-la) see

This release is a soft-beta. I would expect I will release a more polished application before you can Enhanced Summon.

Please, feedback is welcome. I'm trying to iterate and make this site work well for everyone.

If you're wondering, I didn't purchase used or new inventory. I ended up custom building my M3, so I am no longer in need of an application like the one I've developed. However, it's important for me that others don't suffer the same internet injustice that I endured during my search.

Enjoy https://tezz.la and please let me know what you think.

Last edited by a moderator:

Before I purchased my M3 LR AWD, I was constantly shopping the existing used and new inventory on Tesla.com, hoping -like many of you - to score a deal or even just find a vehicle that matched my criteria. Tesla.com is slow and limited to a 200 mile radius around a zip code. EV-CPO and the other Tesla Inventory spreadsheets out there are outdated, uninspired, and terrible on mobile. Personally, I do most of my shopping for vehicles on mobile. If you've tried EV-CPO on mobile, you know it's not worth it.

1. The inventory search is inspired by the Tesla.com Inventory search, so it's familiar.

This release is a soft-beta. I would expect I will release a more polished application before you can Enhanced Summon.

Please, feedback is welcome. I'm trying to iterate and make this site work well for everyone.

If you're wondering, I didn't purchase used or new inventory. I ended up custom building my M3, so I am no longer in need of an application like the one I've developed. However, it's important for me that others don't suffer the same internet injustice that I endured during my search.

Site looks awesome!

Would you mind backing up these two claims with some supporting links or facts?
Hey, you there! I could probably learn a thing or two from you ;)

1. I guess we'll need to to take a poll on the statistics of mobile vs desktop usage.
2. As far as data freshness goes, your site says "Page Updates every 10 minutes" for premium users. So if you're shelling out $$$, then you get new results fairly quickly. But for unpaid users, your site says "Page Updates every 60 minutes". I provide everyone data that is at most 5 minutes old, but most of the time it will be fresher than that. Mostly, this data lag presents an issue when Tesla pricemageddon fire sales happen at 1 AM. Which is what we all wait for...

#2 is my only substantiated claim seeing that I have no research papers or sample size to really back up my 1st claim.

Really like the design and ui. Way better than EV-CPO hunter!

Your website looks 100% better than EV-CPO and the filtering feels more intuitive. The site literally looks like the implementation that Tesla should have taken for their own inventory search.

Good luck, I have a feeling you are going to get some decent referrals for your effort.

Wow, this is so much better than those other clunky search engines! I love it. Very well done! Tesla should hire you right now.

Thanks for the positive feedback and support!

Reactions: UnicornDriver
Hey, you there! I could probably learn a thing or two from you ;)

1. I guess we'll need to to take a poll on the statistics of mobile vs desktop usage.
2. As far as data freshness goes, your site says "Page Updates every 10 minutes" for premium users. So if you're shelling out $$$, then you get new results fairly quickly. But for unpaid users, your site says "Page Updates every 60 minutes". I provide everyone data that is at most 5 minutes old, but most of the time it will be fresher than that. Mostly, this data lag presents an issue when Tesla pricemageddon fire sales happen at 1 AM. Which is what we all wait for...

#2 is my only substantiated claim seeing that I have no research papers or sample size to really back up my 1st claim.

Thanks for your reply. As for point number 1, my site analytics tell a different story:
unknown.png

Now I agree that mobile is important, and becoming more and more important everyday. And I'll openly admit that EV-CPO could be more mobile friendly (it started out as a core Responsive Bootstrap template, but required so many modifications, it broke the Responsive parts of it.) And I'll admit that web UI isn't my forte. But where it lacks in UI, it excels in powerful searching, sorting, filtering, and alerting features for desktop users. I also spend a lot of time on the backend making sure the data is timely and accurate. I have been working on both a mobile friendly website and a mobile app, but neither are ready for release just yet. I also have a set of enhanced features for the desktop site about a week away from release.

For point number 2, you are correct in what you posted. But I found that people who are serious in finding the absolute best deals sign up for a 2 or 3 month membership, set up several saved configurations, and get email alerts the moment a new car is found that meets those criteria (alerts are immediate, not on 10 minute update boundaries). For people that value their time, they find that's better than endlessly hitting F5 at 1am in the morning (or whatever their time zone is).

Good luck with your endeavor. It's not as easy as it may appear to be.

Is this limited to USA only right now?

Thanks for your reply. As for point number 1, my site analytics tell a different story:
unknown.png

Now I agree that mobile is important, and becoming more and more important everyday. And I'll openly admit that EV-CPO could be more mobile friendly (it started out as a core Responsive Bootstrap template, but required so many modifications, it broke the Responsive parts of it.) And I'll admit that web UI isn't my forte. But where it lacks in UI, it excels in powerful searching, sorting, filtering, and alerting features for desktop users. I also spend a lot of time on the backend making sure the data is timely and accurate. I have been working on both a mobile friendly website and a mobile app, but neither are ready for release just yet. I also have a set of enhanced features for the desktop site about a week away from release.

For point number 2, you are correct in what you posted. But I found that people who are serious in finding the absolute best deals sign up for a 2 or 3 month membership, set up several saved configurations, and get email alerts the moment a new car is found that meets those criteria (alerts are immediate, not on 10 minute update boundaries). For people that value their time, they find that's better than endlessly hitting F5 at 1am in the morning (or whatever their time zone is).

EV-CPO is great at what it does, don’t get me wrong. I think the usability is a bit dated, but so is every other inventory search (teslacpo.io) which is why I built Tezz.la. I am working on notifications at the moment, not sure about pricing structure or if there will be any cost associated.

I do like your look-ahead search for filters and your ability to decode the vehicles is admirable.

Your site is what inspired me. I look forward to your upcoming releases.

unknown.png

But do you find that you have more desktop visits because the mobile experience is less than stellar? I know that's why I end up using EV-CPO on my desktop because I'm not a fan of the experience on my mobile. Just some food for thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.