Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Site no longer works]Got tired of using Tesla.com and EV-CPO to search inventory, so I built my own

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But do you find that you have more desktop visits because the mobile experience is less than stellar? I know that's why I end up using EV-CPO on my desktop because I'm not a fan of the experience on my mobile. Just some food for thought.
Good point. Mobile is basically unusable to me and personally I set the browser to desktop mode when I feel like checking on my phone.

But do you find that you have more desktop visits because the mobile experience is less than stellar? I know that's why I end up using EV-CPO on my desktop because I'm not a fan of the experience on my mobile. Just some food for thought.

That's certainly a factor, but I don't think it's the driving factor. My traffic graphs are solid M-F 9am-9pm (6PM PT), so I think the majority of the traffic comes "from work".

• Informative
  • Funny
Reactions: Blup85 and Tony_YYZ
I'm cross posting this from /r/TeslaLounge.

https://tezz.la

Before I purchased my M3 LR AWD, I was constantly shopping the existing used and new inventory on Tesla.com, hoping -like many of you - to score a deal or even just find a vehicle that matched my criteria. Tesla.com is slow and limited to a 200 mile radius around a zip code. EV-CPO and the other Tesla Inventory spreadsheets out there are outdated, uninspired, and terrible on mobile. Personally, I do most of my shopping for vehicles on mobile. If you've tried EV-CPO on mobile, you know it's not worth it.

Why you should try tezz.la:
1. The inventory search is inspired by the Tesla.com Inventory search, so it's familiar.
2. It's Mobile-friendly since most car searching happens on a mobile device
3. The data refreshes more frequently than EV-CPO
4. It's named after Elon's pronunciation of Tesla (Tezz-la) see

This release is a soft-beta. I would expect I will release a more polished application before you can Enhanced Summon.

Please, feedback is welcome. I'm trying to iterate and make this site work well for everyone.

If you're wondering, I didn't purchase used or new inventory. I ended up custom building my M3, so I am no longer in need of an application like the one I've developed. However, it's important for me that others don't suffer the same internet injustice that I endured during my search.

Enjoy https://tezz.la and please let me know what you think.
Hi there! I commented last night that the tool was great. This morning I ran another search and it found two long range 3s with a white interior, one in blue, the other white. But no location listed. I followed the link and requested a call back from Tesla. To my surprise, they called back within 30 minutes. And further to that, both cars were listed as "SF Bay Area". They immediately assigned the white on white to my order number and added FSD to it. My account is already updated (and asking me to pay) and I'm just waiting now to see when I can take delivery. Considering I got the dreaded text on Saturday telling me it was going to be another 3 to 4 weeks, I was bummed. But your tool helped me locate two cars I didn't know existed and luckily both were in my location. Thank you for that... You don't know how excited I am right now!

But I found that people who are serious in finding the absolute best deals sign up for a 2 or 3 month membership, set up several saved configurations, and get email alerts the moment a new car is found that meets those criteria (alerts are immediate, not on 10 minute update boundaries). For people that value their time, they find that's better than endlessly hitting F5 at 1am in the morning (or whatever their time zone is).

Bingo. The alert popped up on my email and I ordered my CPO car a few minutes later. I do not need 5 minute refresh, I needed alerts on the exact configuration price, options and mileage. Which is why I was (and am) a very happy user of EV-CPO.

Good luck with a mobile focused app, but a short expert system setup of alerts in EV-CPO and I was done using the browser. Just waited for my signal to purchase and bam!, job done.

Thank you. Wonder if you can add 5, 6 and 7-seater to the model X filter. Just a suggestion.

As so it goes. If you have seen @EV-CPO , you'd know why the UI is "complicated", every single user keeps asking for specific filter criteria and want what they want. I like the "expert system" approach, enter your complex criteria, and then let the tool alert you when it matches. No need to check a mobile browser for updates, I'd just look at my email alerts from @EV-CPO .

Reactions: EV-CPO
. If you have seen @EV-CPO , you'd know why the UI is "complicated",

Yes, there's always a trade-off between UI simplicity and power. I obviously went to the extreme end of giving the users the most powerful user interface I could, but that comes along with sophistication and a small learning curve. It might turn off some users, but that's OK, I think I'm giving a self-selecting audience what they want. Luckily, there are many options for people that would prefer a simple/clean UI instead.

As so it goes. If you have seen @EV-CPO , you'd know why the UI is "complicated", every single user keeps asking for specific filter criteria and want what they want. I like the "expert system" approach, enter your complex criteria, and then let the tool alert you when it matches. No need to check a mobile browser for updates, I'd just look at my email alerts from @EV-CPO .

Yes, there's always a trade-off between UI simplicity and power. I obviously went to the extreme end of giving the users the most powerful user interface I could, but that comes along with sophistication and a small learning curve. It might turn off some users, but that's OK, I think I'm giving a self-selecting audience what they want. Luckily, there are many options for people that would prefer a simple/clean UI instead.

Quick disclosure, I've been asked not to advertise tezz.la any further unless I become a vendor. So this will be my last post on this thread. I've appreciated everyone's input, interest, and feedback. You can follow my updates on reddit's r/TeslaLounge until I have some form of revenue to justify advertising here.

EV-CPO, sorry if I rustled your jimmies. You have a great site for what it does. I wish you the best of luck. In response to these past few messages...

I think EV-CPO does allow for a more specific search experience currently. It has a wonderful understanding of the inventory data and what the customer understands. But... it has no data that every other system doesn't have access to, so it's just a matter of leveraging the inventory data. The notifications are the only thing that sets EV-CPO apart from the rest, IMO. I don't think there's a good excuse for the UI, which is why i built tezz.la

I do plan to build out notifications. Since my infrastructure currently costs nothing, I am hoping to be able to provide notifications for free. We will see.

Requests for fixes/enhancements to tezz.la within this thread have been made. Thanks again

Quick disclosure, I've been asked not to advertise tezz.la any further unless I become a vendor. So this will be my last post on this thread. I've appreciated everyone's input, interest, and feedback. You can follow my updates on reddit's r/TeslaLounge until I have some form of revenue to justify advertising here.

EV-CPO, sorry if I rustled your jimmies. You have a great site for what it does. I wish you the best of luck. In response to these past few messages...

I think EV-CPO does allow for a more specific search experience currently. It has a wonderful understanding of the inventory data and what the customer understands. But... it has no data that every other system doesn't have access to, so it's just a matter of leveraging the inventory data. The notifications are the only thing that sets EV-CPO apart from the rest, IMO. I don't think there's a good excuse for the UI, which is why i built tezz.la

I do plan to build out notifications. Since my infrastructure currently costs nothing, I am hoping to be able to provide notifications for free. We will see.

Requests for fixes/enhancements to tezz.la within this thread have been made. Thanks again

Other country support?

Other country support?

Canada is available! Just swap the country in the dropdown on the top right of the page

Awesome UI, appreciate you building/sharing this. Outside of a suggestion to default the used vehicles to ASC in value vs DESC (I assume most of us search in that fashion first) its a fantastic layout.

It should be good now :) sort order defaults to ascending.
Also thanks for the compliments! Please share :) More features coming all the time.

Reactions: APotatoGod
Status
Not open for further replies.