Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Site no longer works]Got tired of using Tesla.com and EV-CPO to search inventory, so I built my own

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhh here's a recap of the thread in case you missed it:

Fixed to the best of my knowledge. Let me know if you find anymore hover cars.

Unicorn! My trusty Quality Assurance Engineer. I've fixed my fix and now it's fixed.

I do plan to build out notifications. Since my infrastructure currently costs nothing, I am hoping to be able to provide notifications for free. We will see.

Requests for fixes/enhancements to tezz.la within this thread have been made. Thanks again

Canada is available! Just swap the country in the dropdown on the top right of the page

It should be good now :) sort order defaults to ascending.
Also thanks for the compliments! Please share :) More features coming all the time.

Hey everyone,

Just an update to those of you using https://tezz.la/

Latest release added the vehicle detail page...

Click "see details" on the bottom left of any vehicle card to see even more information about the listing.

Let me know what you think!

Good to know. You have to scroll to the VERY bottom. I’ll look into adding a backup button to load more Incase the scroll event doesn’t fire for some browsers.

Seriously. Anyone can launch a site but don't call out ev-cpo and tesla.com if you don't plan to maintain it. After 2 weeks it's clear to me:

ev-cpo > tesla.com > tezz.la

Fake news my dude.

I pushed up changes on Wednesday night. Still actively maintaining...

If you feel like I ignored your feature request just remind me. That goes for everyone.

For the record, I called out EV-CPO because I think the interface is dated and it’s not mobile friendly. I think everyone here would agree about those two things. I’ve definitely delivered on a mobile friendly experience. I’ve delivered several other feature requests from users this week and last.

Do you mind telling me why you have these feelings? You can DM me if you want to talk it out.

For the record, I called out EV-CPO because I think the interface is dated and it’s not mobile friendly. I think everyone here would agree about those two things.

Perhaps you have a point on the "mobile friendly" comment, but "dated"? First, that's entirely your opinion and no, not everyone would agree to that. ("Fake news, my dude?") That's like saying everyone will agree to hating brussel sprouts or mayonnaise or the word "moist". Like I asked you before, please provide some backup to your claims.

Second, even if it is "dated" (which it's not), who the frack cares if it delivers the power, functionality, and user experience (deep searching, filtering, sorting, email and SMS notifications, and archived history ) that people love and have been using and enjoying for four+ years now? I get several emails a week saying how great the site is and how it educated them on Tesla cars and helped find the exact car they wanted (yes, I can back that up).

<opinion follows>
Every time Tesla upgrades the in-car UI, it gets significantly WORSE. Added sub-menus requiring multiple taps to do things WHILE DRIVING that used to be just one tap, no more color to make things harder to detect context from WHILE DRIVING, less intuitive icons, massively frustrating screen window updating, inconsistent actions and functions, the list goes on and on. But at least it's not "dated". :rolleyes:
</>

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
Perhaps you have a point on the "mobile friendly" comment, but "dated"? First, that's entirely your opinion and no, not everyone would agree to that. ("Fake news, my dude?") That's like saying everyone will agree to hating brussel sprouts or mayonnaise or the word "moist". Like I asked you before, please provide some backup to your claims.

Second, even if it is "dated" (which it's not), who the frack cares if it delivers the power, functionality, and user experience (deep searching, filtering, sorting, email and SMS notifications, and archived history ) that people love and have been using and enjoying for five years now? I get several emails a week saying how great the site is and who it educated them on Tesla cars and helped find the exact car they wanted (yes, I can back that up).

<opinion follows>
Every time Tesla upgrades the in-car UI, it gets significantly WORSE. Added sub-menus requiring multiple taps to do things WHILE DRIVING that used to be just one tap, no more color to make things harder to detect context from WHILE DRIVING, less intuitive icons, massively frustrating screen window updating, inconsistent actions and functions, the list goes on and on. But at least it's not "dated". :rolleyes:
</>

It’s all opinions EV-CPO. I’m sorry that the word “dated” offends. Perhaps the “dated” look I’m referring to is something you like.

My day job is writing modern mobile apps for the automotive industry. I’m not going to take a poll on whether or not your site is dated because it just is. So is Teslafi. It makes sense that users have enjoyed your site for 5 years, because it looks 5 years old. Unfortunately, 5 years ago is a long time in terms of UI/UX. I’m not going to argue that your site isn’t useful, because it is, unless you’re on mobile.

My day job is writing modern mobile apps for the automotive industry.

"New" does not equal "good."

That, and the state of "current" user interfaces has been going downhill for five years too. I think they're all big horrible messes with tiny super light grey text on white backgrounds that only 20-somethings can read, buried menus, massive scrolling required, big blocky things that serve no purpose. What happened to user interfaces people could actually intuitively figure out with just one look and no clicks? Thanks, Jony Ives. :rolleyes:

Reactions: DanCar
"New" does not equal "good."

That, and the state of "current" user interfaces has been going downhill for five years too. I think they're all big horrible messes with tiny super light grey text on white backgrounds that only 20-somethings can read, buried menus, massive scrolling required, big blocky things that serve no purpose. What happened to user interfaces people could actually intuitively figure out with just one look and no clicks? Thanks, Jony Ives. :rolleyes:

Grab your readers and get with the times then, gramps! Seems like the industry is leaving your opinion in the dust.

I don't think it's a matter of taste tbh. I think it's a matter of usability. Just take a look.
full

Last edited:
Really not a good look for either of you talking negatively about the other.
As consumers having choice is good.

Both of you have created a site dependent on another site for the source information, so expecting a monopoly on your sites is silly.
Tezz.la is more mobile friendly and a fresher more modern look (assuming it remains maintained and the refresh scrolling actually works) that is my opinion but I am not sure how anyone's opinion could differ.
EV-CPO has a proven history, happy clients, more selectable options/filters and the premium notifications option.
Both should be able to happily co-exist.

Really not a good look for either of you talking negatively about the other.
As consumers having choice is good.

Both of you have created a site dependent on another site for the source information, so expecting a monopoly on your sites is silly.
Tezz.la is more mobile friendly and a fresher more modern look (assuming it remains maintained and the refresh scrolling actually works) that is my opinion but I am not sure how anyone's opinion could differ.
EV-CPO has a proven history, happy clients, more selectable options/filters and the premium notifications option.
Both should be able to happily co-exist.

Thanks for the honest review.

Really a great looking site garey. I went to evcpo once and couldn’t understand it how it works, your work is way better and I see it has the listings I would personally never would have found.

I’m waiting for my Model 3 white, sadly none in stock at Vancouver Canada.

Yes, that's obviously the mobile view of both sites, a point which I already conceded.

Nice cherry picking there.

No problem.

You consider "current" interfaces "big horrible messes". It just gave me the lulz considering the mess you have. You don't need to indirectly insult my work by lumping me in with "current" user interfaces. Just speak your mind directly and I'll iterate to improve my site if it's a valid concern, and no offense will be taken.

I started this thread and my application for the sole purpose of improving upon the Tesla CPO inventory space. I called out ev-cpo, because it's the well-known standard right now. I'm sorry that you feel the need to defend yourself when I pick at your site. I think you made a great first pass, but there's plenty of room for improvement. I'll stop harping on your design, usability, and experience when it improves. It really wouldn't take that much effort to make it a "current" "big horrible mess".

Ok, I'm not lumping your site into the "big horrible mess" which many sites are migrating to these days. It's just a trend of over-simplification, unintuitive user interfaces, devoid of color and other subtle visual clues to give context, and too much clicking and scrolling required. I'll just give you one very common example of this 'devoid of context' trend, which you claim is an improvement: "Non Buttons."

On your 'filters' page, there's no user feedback or indication that the "Apply Price" (or "Apply Mileage") button does anything, or actually did anything. It's just a grey button. It's always grey. If you change the price ranges, it's still grey. If you click it, it's still grey. If you click and hold, it's still grey. It looks like it's a disabled button, or the UI is just broken. It's always grey and provides no clues to the user that that button is activated to do anything, or actually did anything (accept the user input, filter the results, etc) when clicked. Yup, I guess that's a better user interface, folks!

upload_2019-9-6_14-46-38.png

Fake news my dude.

I pushed up changes on Wednesday night. Still actively maintaining...

If you feel like I ignored your feature request just remind me. That goes for everyone.

For the record, I called out EV-CPO because I think the interface is dated and it’s not mobile friendly. I think everyone here would agree about those two things. I’ve definitely delivered on a mobile friendly experience. I’ve delivered several other feature requests from users this week and last.

Do you mind telling me why you have these feelings? You can DM me if you want to talk it out.
The fake news is that it''s fixed. It's still broken and you don't even know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.