Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Grandfather Free Supercharging Please

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is probably not an active thread now but thought would get the comments from fellow "Teslites". I was looking at the following Teslarati article:
Tesla updates free lifetime Supercharging policy with Dec. 31 deadline
The article states that Supercharging is free for current Model S and X owners as well as cars bought (Model S and X) before December 31, 2017. It is strange that we did not hear about extending a sought after feature very high in demand. IMHO it can definitely aid in boosting the sales.

This is probably not an active thread now but thought would get the comments from fellow "Teslites". I was looking at the following Teslarati article:
Tesla updates free lifetime Supercharging policy with Dec. 31 deadline
The article states that Supercharging is free for current Model S and X owners as well as cars bought (Model S and X) before December 31, 2017. It is strange that we did not hear about extending a sought after feature very high in demand. IMHO it can definitely aid in boosting the sales.

Initially they updated our "My Tesla" page in a way that implied existing owners could always get free supercharging on a new car. Then a few weeks later updated it again to say "if purchased by Dec. 31st". You are right, they have not said much about this, but then again they don't really advertise anything. I did take advantage of the offer and am trading in my Model S for a new Model X Thursday.

Reactions: ABVA
Initially they updated our "My Tesla" page in a way that implied existing owners could always get free supercharging on a new car. Then a few weeks later updated it again to say "if purchased by Dec. 31st". You are right, they have not said much about this, but then again they don't really advertise anything. I did take advantage of the offer and am trading in my Model S for a new Model X Thursday.
Congratulations on your new Model X Purchase, I am sure you are going to enjoy the Model X as much as you enjoyed Model S.
After reading your response, I checked "My Tesla" page and it does state "You have free, unlimited Supercharging for your current Tesla vehicle as well as any new Model S or Model X purchased before December 31, 2017--------". Thank you so very much for your response.

I think those who grand father the free SuperCharging is fair. It help compromise the fact newer released Model S have better battery, extra standard options, and among other things while keeping similar price as those who purchased it previously...

For example

Air Suspension - Now Standard
Auto Lift Gate - Now Standard
Center Console - Now Standard
Rear Cup Holder - Now Standard

Those who purchased previously, especially prior to 01/01/2016...had to pay extra for all of those. Heck not everyone uses SuperCharging enough to even equal out to all those free items people are getting now. I only use SuperCharging no more than 10 times a whole year.