Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which mono block forged wheel size, color and style would you like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm.. they look rather flat. I expected more concavity with 19x9 +35.

Look how concave this looks and its only 1/4 more out from the mounting:
Tesla Model 3 the way I want - Signature Wheel + MPP Comfort Coilover

This is the 19x9.5 +22 on my M4. It is definitely more concave then the 19x9.0 on the 3. I was really hoping for 19x9.5 +35 originally. I think i saw it got added recently to Evasive's preorder list. Thinking of ordering a 2nd set as track wheels.
20180905_185235.jpg

Hey does anyone know if titan 7's machine black is more of a matte, satin, or gloss? It looks like satin in pics but hard to tell. While I'm waiting on my wheels I'm going to go ahead and wrap my chrome, wondering which of the 3m blacks (gloss/satin/matte) will most closely match the wheels. Thanks

Hmm.. they look rather flat. I expected more concavity with 19x9 +35.

Look how concave this looks and its only 1/4 more out from the mounting:
Tesla Model 3 the way I want - Signature Wheel + MPP Comfort Coilover

I’ve been giving plenty of warning of that since September. Examples have been shown so that nobody should be able to get an 8.5” +40 and be surprised with the flat face. @juanmedina no, a 9.5” width is not necessary for deeper concavity. It is all in the offset. You are referring to some wheel manufacturers that will only put concave faces on wide wheels. Not the case here. Titan makes their wheels as concave as the offset allows. Look at examples I’ve posted of Signature’s 8.5” +20 wheels. Same dish as a 9.5 +35.

I’ve been giving plenty of warning of that since September. Examples have been shown so that nobody should be able to get an 8.5” +40 and be surprised with the flat face. @juanmedina no, a 9.5” width is not necessary for deeper concavity. It is all in the offset. You are referring to some wheel manufacturers that will only put concave faces on wide wheels. Not the case here. Titan makes their wheels as concave as the offset allows. Look at examples I’ve posted of Signature’s 8.5” +20 wheels. Same dish as a 9.5 +35.

Is a combination of both width and offset. Even diameter will make it appear more concave and bolt patter will also affect the look. In this case the issue IMO is the width.

Here are some 18x9.5 +40 5x114.3
titan_7_t-s5_18x9.5_40_56.1_machine_black-7.jpg

Last edited:
Seems like the T-R10 was an unpopular design, and they got rid of that option. I wanted a set in 19x9.5, but apparently I was the only one.

To order the wheels, go here: Evasive Motorsports | PH: 626.336.3400 Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm PST: Titan 7 for Tesla
I see the T-S5's but they look so similar to stock, which isn't terrible but I think the Straight spoke looks better with the 3's minimalist design. I like the price but maybe these are just not for me then. I'm still on the fence because I like that they offer the stock offset.

• Informative
Reactions: happyluckbox
Seems like the T-R10 was an unpopular design, and they got rid of that option. I wanted a set in 19x9.5, but apparently I was the only one.

To order the wheels, go here: Evasive Motorsports | PH: 626.336.3400 Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm PST: Titan 7 for Tesla
How many people would need to be interested in the T-R10 to get them to produce these? Also why do you want the 9.5 offset? I was just going to go with stock wheel offsets, but it seems I am in the minority? I know I want a square setup though, and don't want to kill my range? I keep hearing "an agressive look" but I feel like I am missing something.

I really want to buy the T-R10's 19x85 40 offset (unless someone can convince me this is a dumb idea; future brake upgrades require a different offset?)

Last edited:
How many people would need to be interested in the T-R10 to get them to produce these? Also why do you want the 9.5 offset? I was just going to go with stock wheel offsets, but it seems I am in the minority? I know I want a square setup though, and don't want to kill my range? I keep hearing "an agressive look" but I feel like I am missing something.

I really want to buy the T-R10's 19x85 40 offset (unless someone can convince me this is a dumb idea; future brake upgrades require a different offset?)

Personal preference. I'm a fan of a wider wheel, and the 9.5" will allow me to run a 265 tire all around.
When I spoke with Mike early last month, he indicated that it would take at least 4 people with the same size to get a set made. I don't know if they're still doing that, so I'm moving on. Seems like the popular choice is the T-S5 design.

Personal preference. I'm a fan of a wider wheel, and the 9.5" will allow me to run a 265 tire all around.
When I spoke with Mike early last month, he indicated that it would take at least 4 people with the same size to get a set made. I don't know if they're still doing that, so I'm moving on. Seems like the popular choice is the T-S5 design.
Dang, how to the VS Forged compare? They have some more interesting designs. Is the Titan 7 the superior wheel?

Dang, how to the VS Forged compare? They have some more interesting designs. Is the Titan 7 the superior wheel?
They are both fully forged and the same price so I would say they are comparable. Titan wheels are stamped into their design shape by a huge press while Vertini VS are CNCed out of a forged blank. VS Forged is a collaboration with Stance wheels which have been around for a long time with a good reputation. Titan is more of a startup but with people that have been in the business for a long time too. VS does come with almost any finish option, even two toned, and they'll do any size, width, and offset (custom on request at no extra charge).

Last edited:
I read somewhere that VS forged is actually a 2 piece welded together at the barrel, not a true mono block. Can anyone confirm this?
Not their VS line. I asked them. They are one piece monoblock made out of a single forged blank similar to HRE's process and the design is cut out by a CNC machine. That's why it has sharper lines than Titan 7 which is stamped.

Not their VS line. I asked them. They are one piece monoblock made out of a single forged blank similar to HRE's process and the design is cut out by a CNC machine. That's why it has sharper lines than Titan 7.
Thanks for the info. By chance do you know the load ratings on the VS lines? I also read somewhere that the VS forged line is not suitable for track use? Not that I would track my car often, but it's good info to have.

Thanks for the info. By chance do you know the load ratings on the VS lines? I also read somewhere that the VS forged line is not suitable for track use? Not that I would track my car often, but it's good info to have.
I'm still digging on this, I can't find exact weight ratings. Wouldn't each wheel design have potential for a different rating? It was on the AMG63 forums where someone said they wouldn't track them.

Here starting around post 42.
VS Forged Series | Light Weight Full Forged Construction Wheels for your Mercedes C63 - MBWorld.org Forums

But hey are the stock wheels ok for track use? Forged wheels should be stronger right? What about titan 7's are they ok for track use? The titan 7's have knurled beads I think? But is this something I really need to worry about?

If VS forged have a weight rating of 1500lbs these guys seem to say their track rating is 750lbs each as a safety margin.. I'm not sure I buy that argument, GAWR is the maximum weight the axles can bear, if you exceed that you will likely break something. But I'm not a race car driver, and this guy in post 43 is saying for track use have to divide that number the wheel can support by two again so they would only be good for 750lbs each on the track. He says they are dangerous to put on your car. Are they? What about out stock wheels what is their rating? But the sticker he is looking at also talks about the tires tread wear rating (they are talking about running slicks?)

Anyways if that is correct everyone with a 3 should be looking for wheels rated at 2000lbs+ each for track use with their track tires.

What are the titan 7's rated for? What about the tires we are putting on them? What is the weight rating for the Pilot Sport 4S? 1389lbs? (not sure how to find the special tesla version of the tires).

Last edited: