Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which mono block forged wheel size, color and style would you like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will these accept factory TPMS?
Yes - factory TPMS are not Tesla specific, on the classic nose cone Model S they used the same Bao Long 433MHz TPMS sensors. I'm not sure if the 3 uses the same one, I suspect it uses something very similar, but it would be worth having Evasive check. Most TPMS's today have a standard fitment for all wheels. I wouldn't hurt to ask at the Tesla SC what frequency the 3 works on or call these guys..
2018 Tesla Model 3 TPMS [email protected] or call 1+(714) 692-TPMS (8767)

Features:
- TITAN 7 Forged wheels carry a Limited Lifetime Structural warranty and a 1 year warranty for factory applied surface finishes and wheel accessories.
- All Titan 7 Wheels are Fully Forged.
- Load Rated espcially for the high torque the Tesla Model 3 generates
- Hub Bore Specific for the Tesla Model 3
- Center Caps are included
- Aluminum valve stem is included.
- All wheels are durability tested according to DOT / SAE and JWL / VIA standards to ensure safety while you perform.
So regarding "Aluminum valve stem is included.". What's the point of having these included. Don't the valve stems have to be replaced with TPMS stems? Can Evasive install the TPMS instead?

As far as the range hit, I am not surprised that a wider section caused range drop, but I do not believe the majority of the effect is due to increased aero resistance. The tire is simply wider by about an inch, so the penalty is more rolling resistance. There probably is some aero effect too, but the biggest hit is already taken as soon as you go away from the aero rims.

If this is the case, then why is the range on the 19" upgraded tesla rims the same as the range with the 18" Aero's? Or is it slightly different?

How much difference would we expect from the upgraded 19" Tesla rims vs. the Titan 19"?

I do not believe the EPA rated mile is an accurate representation of the difference between these 2 rims.

I believe that with identical tires the titans over the 19s would get perhaps slightly better range, due to a lighter rotating mass. This would be more obvious at lower speeds, and tiny at highway speeds.

Reactions: JeffC
How long will the group buy remain active?
I hope it remains open long enough for the performance scans to come in from the Mad Hungarian. (I think that's supposed to be around the end of September pending a Model 3P+ delivery.)

I want square the widest without tire rub for track wheels. Hopefully 19 x 9.5 or 19 x 10 with an optimal offset. I'm confused as to why the test fit in LA doesn't seem to match the testing in Toronto.

Definitely interested in these wheels in 19x9.5, but would actually prefer 19x10 for track use. For street use, I'm probably going with 235 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S on 8.5 inch wheels, either 18 or 19. Want the slightly better efficiency of the narrower tires on the street.

Sasha thought 19x10x35 offset with 275/35-19 would fit both front and back.

That said, my researching of Tire Rack shows many more competition tire choices in 265/35-19 than 275/35-19. 275 on 10 may stick a bit better, but the tire choices are much better at 265, so 9.5 are good too.

I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but this design of forged wheel may have multiple sellers. Is Titan the actual foundry?