Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which mono block forged wheel size, color and style would you like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone!
I’m driving a dual motor with 18 inch aeros now. And I was thinking about getting Titan-7 t-s5 19x9 for the front (I can’t find 8.5 :( ) and 19x9.5 on the back, both +35. Why staggered? Because I don’t want to use spacers to make it look nicer the back. Current situation on the back axis doesn’t look nice in my opinion. And what tyre sizes should I look for to match both front and rear? Or maybe it’s hardly possible? Anyone has Falken Azenis FK510? I heard they are quite good...
Thank you for your help!

Hey everyone!
I’m driving a dual motor with 18 inch aeros now. And I was thinking about getting Titan-7 t-s5 19x9 for the front (I can’t find 8.5 :( ) and 19x9.5 on the back, both +35. Why staggered? Because I don’t want to use spacers to make it look nicer the back. Current situation on the back axis doesn’t look nice in my opinion. And what tyre sizes should I look for to match both front and rear? Or maybe it’s hardly possible? Anyone has Falken Azenis FK510? I heard they are quite good...
Thank you for your help!

I would go with 235/40 front, and 265/35 rear to keep the sidewalls close to matching sizes, 94mm and 92.75mm respectively. The fronts will have a mild stretch due to the width being 9", and the rears will have some rim protection. Not sure what kind of tires you prefer, but you will not have any options for grand-touring tires (aka range-friendly) if you go with 265/35.

If you wanted the same mild stretch in the rear as the fronts, you could also opt for 245/40, which would yield a sidewall size of 98mm, and more range-friendly tires. I'm not certain if the load ratings for this size will work, though. Perhaps others can chime in on this.

Last edited:
I would go with 235/40 front, and 265/35 rear to keep the sidewalls close to matching sizes, 94mm and 92.75mm respectively. The fronts will have a mild stretch due to the width being 9", and the rears will have some rim protection. Not sure what kind of tires you prefer, but you will not have any options for grand-touring tires (aka range-friendly) if you go with 265/35.

If you wanted the same mild stretch in the rear as the fronts, you could also opt for 245/40, which would yield a sidewall size of 98mm, and more range-friendly tires. I'm not certain if the load ratings for this size will work, though. Perhaps others can chime in on this.

Thank you very much for your extended reply, I really appreciate your input!
Do you think stretched tire is a bad idea? I think 235/45 on my aeros look a bit stretched too, but I understand, Tesla makes everything to make them as narrow as possible. Remember how far bmw went with i3 wheels? :) I wish I could do 8,5 for front and 9 for the rear, that would be perfect!
Thank you once again! If anyone else has something to say, please do :)

Reactions: P-Lo801
Thank you very much for your extended reply, I really appreciate your input!
Do you think stretched tire is a bad idea? I think 235/45 on my aeros look a bit stretched too, but I understand, Tesla makes everything to make them as narrow as possible. Remember how far bmw went with i3 wheels? :) I wish I could do 8,5 for front and 9 for the rear, that would be perfect!
Thank you once again! If anyone else has something to say, please do :)

I've been running a square 19x9 et35 set up on 235/40 tires and the mild stretch is hardly noticeable unless I'm looking for it; depending on the tire you get, it may even be less noticeable. The main thing to consider with a slight stretch is the lack of tire protection, leaving the wheel more vulnerable to curb rash.

Here's a photo of my tire and wheel up close from a side view:

IMG_8037.jpg

IMG_8247.jpg

I just bought a set of 19x9 and was told the 8.5 was discontinued due to lack of demand. I guess most people who buy aftermarket wheels go wider. Anyway, I haven’t put them on yet because still deciding on what size tires to get. Debating between 245/40 and 235/40. Any inputs would be appreciated.
FYI, If it says in stock, they ship very fast! I got mine delivered in 3 days!

aggie - I have the 18X8.5 and my lifetime Wh/mi is about 270. Tires probably make more difference.
I'm in Euless BTW if you want to see them.
(Class of '79)

What kind of tires do you have? Yes I'd like to come take a look. I'm in Arlington, so right down the road. Performance model 3 as well with aeros. Trying to figure out if the lowered wheel weight would be similar efficiency gains to having the aero covers on. I've also been eyeballing these aftermarket covers from Rimetrix. Not sure what I want to do.

I have Michelin Primacy MXM4 size 245/45-18 Lower wheel/tire weight gets immediate better ride. Tires last longer and you can drive them in the winter and the additional sidewall means you probably won't damage a wheel/tire over normal road imperfections. Probably not much more range if any from wheel/tire weight. But these tires have lower rolling resistance. Also I run 46 psi cold. We can meet up somewhere. Maybe at the SC in ARL?