Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow 6.86" Mini dash display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
anyone have thoughts on Hansshow F68 vs TMA t6 vs Tesery’s version? Not sure which company offers the best post-sale support and would be more likely to keep sending firmware updates etc
Hansshow doesn’t respond at all, as others have also pointed out. I cannot speak for TMA or Tesery but I would advise not purchasing from Hansshow.

Seems like a lot of these screens from Hansshow are no longer available on Amazon. Probably too many returns.

I didn't even know a product like this existed until just now. Reading back through the thread I am honestly still confused.

1) AVOID Hansshow is what I've learned from the last few pages
2) Which dash display do people in this thread think is the best one?
3) How hard is it to install the display for a novice to car repair/aftermarket parts.
4) How hard is it to install the front camera? This is the main reason I want this thing honestly as I use the front bumper camera a lot on my other car.

Part of the problem is there are no user guides for these. And no offense to the YouTubers, but they leave a lot of stuff out and only respond to limited questions it seems.

I have a 2018 M3 and thr installation was easy enough. I also found the camera easy to install as I found an easier way to get the wire into the car from the trunk.

I can’t speak for others years but there’s a big rubber grommet by the passengers left foot at the top of the carpet behind the glovebox with 2 orange cables passing through. It’s clearly visible in the trunk below the air intake. I poked a little hole in the grommet and passed the camera wire through easily.

Reactions: rayray3
I didn't even know a product like this existed until just now. Reading back through the thread I am honestly still confused.

1) AVOID Hansshow is what I've learned from the last few pages
I have problems with communication with Hansshow too..
2) Which dash display do people in this thread think is the best one?
For me the best is F68 from Hansshow but it depends what you need.. I just wanted simple screen with front camera display and CarPlay.
3) How hard is it to install the display for a novice to car repair/aftermarket parts.
It is not so hard. I installed only a F68 and the hardest part was removing the center console but now there's upgraded version of this screen and there is no need to remove center console. You can made it. I'm not the professional too.
4) How hard is it to install the front camera? This is the main reason I want this thing honestly as I use the front bumper camera a lot on my other car.
It is the simplest part I think. All you have to do is to remove the frunk and you are on the way.

I have problems with communication with Hansshow too..

For me the best is F68 from Hansshow but it depends what you need.. I just wanted simple screen with front camera display and CarPlay.

It is not so hard. I installed only a F68 and the hardest part was removing the center console but now there's upgraded version of this screen and there is no need to remove center console. You can made it. I'm not the professional too.

It is the simplest part I think. All you have to do is to remove the frunk and you are on the way.
I’ll look into the newer model that doesn’t require removing the console. Do you know the model of that one or a link?

My wife just wants speed and front camera. She doesn’t like looking over on the screen to see her speed.

Last edited:
I just got mine from them directly and I still had to remove the center console to get power from the phone charger connector. I have a 2023 MYP Hardware 4 AMD. Perhaps it's just the Intel cars that no longer need the center console removed. Either that or I got old inventory.

I’ll look into the newer model that doesn’t require removing the console. Do you know the model of that one or a link?
I saw this version here:
Hansshow F68 CarPlay Unboxing & "UPDATED" AMD Installation

But there is no special version I think. They just started selling updated version.
My wife just wants speed and front camera. She doesn’t like looking over on the screen to see her speed.
I think that she would like the F68 - the display is very clean comparing to the others. Look at the videos on YouTube to decide ;)

I just got mine from them directly and I still had to remove the center console to get power from the phone charger connector. I have a 2023 MYP Hardware 4 AMD. Perhaps it's just the Intel cars that no longer need the center console removed. Either that or I got old inventory.
Nah, they just sent you still the old cable. Just write them and ask them to send you the new cable with power connectors for the drivers side.
Same happened to me and I contacted them on whatsapp. 5 days later I received the new cable which does not require to unmount the center console.

PS: did anyone managed to make the internal speaker work? Can't seem to get sound out of it...

Nah, they just sent you still the old cable. Just write them and ask them to send you the new cable with power connectors for the drivers side.
Same happened to me and I contacted them on whatsapp. 5 days later I received the new cable which does not require to unmount the center console.
What address did you write to? I wrote to [email protected] and on WhatsApp to: +1 (949) 826-6200 few days ago but with no luck. No one replied :-(
PS: did anyone managed to make the internal speaker work? Can't seem to get sound out of it...
In my screen the speaker works from the beginning. I.e. Waze alerts goes from internal speaker. Maybe it's related to the software version? I have very early screen, App version is APP-01.0.231010.H.00.0.0

Hansshow F68

I have a 2019 Model 3 Long Range and I just bought the F68 screen. I have the AMD CPU. Also, I do NOT have a wireless charge pad, just the original black piano finish flip-up doors in the console. If you have not upgraded to a wireless charge pad, the supplied harness will NOT work for you. I just want to save everybody some heartbreak. I looked at a number of threads first on how to access the power harness. Previously I had upgraded the USB ports at the rear of to console to USB-C so I somewhat thought this might be an issue. I did not upgrade the front USB connections in the console or add the wireless charge pad. So I figured I better take a look at the connections before I installed this and routed all the other cables. I pretty much followed SK360's instructions on how to remove the whole console on this reddit thread:
That gave me easy access to the back inside of the console. The two pictures below show the power supply plug for the front USB ports (and the Tesla USB-C ports you can route to the phone pad).
IMG_0027.JPG
IMG_0031.JPG

The next picture shows the connectors on the Hansshow supplied cord.

IMG_0035.JPG

I thought I might be able to use the adapter cable that I got to convert the rear console USB connectors to USB-C, which is shown in the picture below.

IMG_0037.JPG

Unfortunately, even if I had two extra of these cables. they would not have the correct ends to connect the Hansshow cable. Also, you'll notice this cable and the power supply cable has four connections, and if you look at the third picture above, the Hansshow cable only patches through three of the connections. The picture below shows the USB-C adapter cable plugged into the Hansshow cable.

IMG_0039.JPG

So right now it looks like you would have to hack up your wiring and splice in the power connections. Otherwise you need to spend a couple hundred to upgrade to a wireless charge pad and USB-C connections at the front. I am going to try to email Hansshow and see if they have a resolution, else I will just return this or cancel it on my credit card.

Hansshow F68

Ok, my first post proves I am a true bozo. Turns out I have the Intel CPU, not the AMD. Not sure why I thought I had the AMD. Never start anything before caffeine. Anyway, I hooked up it up just loosely in the car, and it seems to work fine. I'll need to mount it and run all the wires now. I do think my previous post #213 will be applicable if you have the AMD and no wireless charge pad, although I have seen other versions of the harness in videos, so maybe Hansshow could send one of the older ones.

I saw this version here:
Hansshow F68 CarPlay Unboxing & "UPDATED" AMD Installation

But there is no special version I think. They just started selling updated version.

I think that she would like the F68 - the display is very clean comparing to the others. Look at the videos on YouTube to decide ;)
Damn, so you might get sent an older kit that sucks. I hate these Chinese manufacturers and how vague they are on the product you’re buying. I ordered an audio component recently and it was different than their product page, they said it was an updated version and improved except now it didn’t work with my system when the previous version did.

What address did you write to? I wrote to [email protected] and on WhatsApp to: +1 (949) 826-6200 few days ago but with no luck. No one replied :-(

In my screen the speaker works from the beginning. I.e. Waze alerts goes from internal speaker. Maybe it's related to the software version? I have very early screen, App version is APP-01.0.231010.H.00.0.0
I contacted them on whatasapp at the same number and after 2 days they wrote me back from a different number.
Just tell them if they don't contact you back you will initiate a return or charge-back.

My Iphone only connects a couple of seconds over bluetooth to the F68 display and than disconnects that's why no sound.
Ony time I made it work was after I deleted the Iphone connection ("forget phone") with my Tesla.

Min software seems to be:
APP:-V2.0.231103.H.00.1.4
CAN: Tsl_V223.3.E3.00
Link: V2.00.00

Messaged on WhatsApp. They respond immediately if it’s a sales question vs support LoL! They said they only have the new version of the F68 so you’ll get the new cord and only the F68 currently has this new design not the other screen(s) they have.

I contacted them on whatasapp at the same number and after 2 days they wrote me back from a different number.
Just tell them if they don't contact you back you will initiate a return or charge-back.

My Iphone only connects a couple of seconds over bluetooth to the F68 display and than disconnects that's why no sound.
Ony time I made it work was after I deleted the Iphone connection ("forget phone") with my Tesla.

Min software seems to be:
APP:-V2.0.231103.H.00.1.4
CAN: Tsl_V223.3.E3.00
Link: V2.00.00
I wrote on WhatsApp yesterday. Maybe I am impatient ;) My problem is that the device suddenly restored factory settings (I think - lost all the config and set language to Chinese) and from that time there's no camera view. Everything else works fine. I'll try to reconnect the camera cable - maybe it helps.

I wrote on WhatsApp yesterday. Maybe I am impatient ;) My problem is that the device suddenly restored factory settings (I think - lost all the config and set language to Chinese) and from that time there's no camera view. Everything else works fine. I'll try to reconnect the camera cable - maybe it helps.
Pretend it’s a sales related question about another product. When they respond tell them your problem. I got a response within a minute when I asked about the F68 features.

Reactions: sparxxxy and Jaceq