Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Harris Ranch is getting first battery swap station

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
11/29 update. Looks like trenching has been done.

10808612_1014001011950347_2032612_n.jpg

great picture ChriZ! Keep 'em coming.

Ha! I like Teslots. I don't find the term zealot to be derogatory, but rather having extreme enthusiasm.
I take it you're unfamiliar with the origin of the term, then? "A member of an ancient Jewish sect aiming at a world Jewish theocracy and resisting the Romans until AD 70." Also see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zealots_%28Judea%29

And then there was their (likely) splinter group, the Sicarii. Other than being on the opposite side, those guys could swap massacre tales of people they considered insufficiently orthodox with ISIS. They ended up at Masada - Masada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Let's hope that by "Teslots" she had some other word ending in "ots" in mind for the suffix than "zealots":wink:

Just stopped by the presumed swap station. Talked to some Tesla Motors Employees while I was there. They confirmed we'd be getting some news after the new year. About 20 contractors (and 2 TM employees) on site. No machinery installed in "the pit". Pretty much the same as the pictures above, but the site was very busy.

photo 4 (3).JPG

Just stopped by the presumed swap station. Talked to some Tesla Motors Employees while I was there. They confirmed we'd be getting some news after the new year. About 20 contractors (and 2 TM employees) on site. No machinery installed in "the pit". Pretty much the same as the pictures above, but the site was very busy.

Actually there has been significant change since the last photos posted a few days ago - the "pit" is now filled in with the exception of the hole that looks Model S Battery-sized. I'm guessing the whole area below is hollow for all the machinery. Thanks for everyone who keeps taking photos periodically. It's great to watch this come together from afar.

Actually there has been significant change since the last photos posted a few days ago - the "pit" is now filled in with the exception of the hole that looks Model S Battery-sized. I'm guessing the whole area below is hollow for all the machinery. Thanks for everyone who keeps taking photos periodically. It's great to watch this come together from afar.

Good point. Looks like the floor is recovered, but the gap around the edge makes it moveable. Cool!

- - - Updated - - -

Great info! Thanks for posting. I'd estimate by the end of January, but maybe I'm overly optimistic.

That "guess" is consistent with what I was told on site. Agree completely.