Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone ordered the 279 mile range model?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can’t custom order it so there are no reservations. You have to watch for it to show up in inventory and jump on it. However, it is only$2K less than MYLR and you give up 51 miles of range. Is that really worth it?

It would allow you to add more options and stay within tax credit limits if it was custom ordered but it seems the inventory ones don’t have a large variety of options on them.

When they first started production of them they were offering as a quicker delivery option. That's when the wait for a long range was greater than 6 month. I have seen a couple come to inventory but like was said above it's almost the same price as the LR but with significantly less range.(About 16% less).

The range is decent but for me to bite it would need to be $48,990 or less.

That 16% is the EPA rated range. Expect less then 279 real world as that is a best case scenario.

I was wondering what this was. It's a 56 mile demo Model Y 279 mile range vehicle with AWD, but seems to be nearly the price of a 330 mile AWD vehicle. https://www.tesla.com/my/order/7SAY222_beb132b1d479272365f27327093eeac9

I guess it is $2500 less than a 330 mile range AWD if you consider the price of the red paint and white interior.

EDIT: Link doesn't seem to work, so here's the details. It says it's in Rockville, MD.

Order Your Model Y​

1. Model Y All-Wheel Drive
    $48,710
  2. Red Multi-Coat Paint
    Included
  3. 19’’ Gemini Wheels
    Included
  4. Black and White Premium Interior
    Included
  5. Autopilot
    Included
  6. Five Seat Interior
    Included
  7. 30-Day Premium Connectivity Trial
    Included
  • Vehicle Price$48,710
  • Federal tax credit
    See if You Qualify
    -$7,500
  • Est. 3-year gas savings-$3,600

• Price after Est. Savings$37,610
All savings are experienced after purchase.
See how our savings are calculated
Hide Details

CashLeaseLoan
    • Vehicle Price$48,710
    • Destination fee$1,390
    • Order Fee$250
  • Your Model Y$50,350
Excluding taxes & other fees
Your design qualifies for a $7,500 federal tax credit for eligible buyers.
See Details
Due Today$250
Non-refundable Order Fee

Order with Card

1697139039300.png

Last edited: