Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help! Newbie WTB 2015 P85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

I've been considering a Tesla for quite some time. My Lexus lease is up this month and I believe I'm about ready to pull the trigger.

After searching all the available years and models, it seems to me one of the best values for the money is a 2015 P85D.

I'm looking at a couple different options with AP1 and 21" turbine wheels. One with 26k miles is $63k, and one with 31k miles is $65k.

Would you mind please sharing your opinions on whether these are good deals and what I should look out for?

Thanks!

Those prices are in range ..however without seeing all options hard to say ...IMO the best P85Ds where the ones built from 11/14- 4/15 ...most of those has the desired “+” suspension and earlier builds actually has OEM Recaro seats ... I would look for AP1 tech package , next gen seats ..dual chargers , pana roof , I prefer 21s others don’t , Luda upgrade (hard to find )

See this one

Blue 2014 P85D with plus suspension

Something to consider, 21" wheels look amazing and perform as well. 19" wheels are noticeably smoother and quieter(a little better range too). I bought a 2014 CPO P85 in Oct. of last year, and it had the 21" wheels that I wanted. After putting 16,000 miles on it in 10 months, I have decided to move to 19s for the quiet and comfort(I am 62 years old so that may have played into it. 20 years ago I would definitely opted for performance). Just another opinion:)

Reactions: Eclectic and P85_DA
I'll try again with the first link. It should work with a copy and paste if all of it doesn't hyperlink. Can't figure out how to edit that post.

2015 Tesla Model S - Anaheim Pre Owned Cars

Good chance that has plus suspension looking at VIn range ...that does have an accident hence low price ...if you can knock them down for the accident ~ 57-61 ...that would be a steal ...

• Disagree
Reactions: Numonefan
The one from Auto Enterprises listed at $65k has had an accident (rear bumper), but the one from Anaheim hasn't unless I'm missing something.

It says in car fax interesting though that a tire center fixed it so maybe a minor item

Also for any accident one wouldn’t pay more than ~60k ..prices are dropping and you can get non accident for that price range 63kish ...

Last edited:
  • Disagree
It says in car fax interesting though that a tire center fixed it so maybe a minor item

Also for any accident one wouldn’t pay more than ~60k ..prices are dropping and you can get non accident for that price range 63kish ...
I'm 99% sure that they originally listed it as a clean Carfax but then probably revised it. I just called and apparently it was something very minor from 4/2015.

Reactions: P85_DA
A used car dealer in CA may do that for you. It's the way it should be and not your problem if the state of CA can't claw the tax from you.

You pay tax where you register the vehicle.

Correct ..OP needs to take delivery outside of california ..if he takes delivery in California he has to pay sales tax no exceptions ..OP are you planning on expecting vehicle out here ? And than have them transport ??

• Disagree
Correct ..OP needs to take delivery outside of california ..if he takes delivery in California he has to pay sales tax no exceptions ..OP are you planning on expecting vehicle out here ? And than have them transport ??
Yeah I actually visited that lot 2 weeks ago while I was on vacation. I'll be using miles to fly out and inspect the vehicle I choose wherever it is. I'd planned on doing a cool roadtrip back home until I found out about the tax and registration haha. I'd close the deal and have it shipped back.

Reactions: P85_DA
Than u should be fine ...price is ok not great only good thing is it may have the plus suspension if u ask them for screenshot of charging screen and main page of mcu you can confirm if has smart air suspension and dual chargers ..physically looking at shock absorber number can confirm has the coveted plus suspension

• Disagree