Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HEPA Air filter for everyone...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the mechanically challenged, I read in another thread that the SC can install the HEPA filter aftermarket for $200. Asking the poster for more info on who he talked to. Don't know if that's the filter cost, or installed. For that price, I'm interested.

That is the price for the filter by itself. (But Tesla might not even sell it to you if you don't have a PUP VIN.)

For the mechanically challenged, I read in another thread that the SC can install the HEPA filter aftermarket for $200. Asking the poster for more info on who he talked to. Don't know if that's the filter cost, or installed. For that price, I'm interested.
i never said anything about installing it ... that was the price of the filter itself.

That is the price for the filter by itself. (But Tesla might not even sell it to you if you don't have a PUP VIN.)

This is why we need a mule. I'm offering a PUP holder a case of beer to go into the SC and buy a filter.

Wonder if the SoCal Service Centers will question when the same individual buys 20 HEPA filters in a month. :D

Well, now you can just get it from Tesla. So far I can only find it for the X though.

2017-01-28 10_58_09-Tesla — Enhanced Air Quality Package.png

Tesla — Enhanced Air Quality Package

Ohh i replied to the other thread .. actually yes i did .

between the time i set my appt and the time i showed up tesla release the bio defense upgrade. so that 200 dollar filter was no longer an option. however after having it installed its just glued in and then they switch the option on. all of which can be done outside of tesla.

Reactions: namluu

between the time i set my appt and the time i showed up tesla release the bio defense upgrade. so that 200 dollar filter was no longer an option. however after having it installed its just glued in and then they switch the option on. all of which can be done outside of tesla.
@Bishop , did you happen to observe the process for removing the frunk "tub" to get to the filter? If so, could you please provide a description?
Thank you.

Found the other thread, thanks!

I stopped by a service center today, and innocently wandered into the repair area. I asked one of the guys about the HEPA filter, for all us non-PUP folks, and he said it is one of their most constrained parts, and that they would likely offer it for install once the part was more readily available.

This appears to be confirmation that Tesla isn't artificially preventing us from ordering the filter to boost PUP sales. He said to expect it to be available for individual purchase in the near future, pending availability. (First post to the forums, FYI!)

I stopped by a service center today, and innocently wandered into the repair area. I asked one of the guys about the HEPA filter, for all us non-PUP folks, and he said it is one of their most constrained parts, and that they would likely offer it for install once the part was more readily available.

This appears to be confirmation that Tesla isn't artificially preventing us from ordering the filter to boost PUP sales. He said to expect it to be available for individual purchase in the near future, pending availability. (First post to the forums, FYI!)

Thanks for the informative first post! I would like to be optimistic for the future on this but it seems hard to believe that they could be supply constrained on such a simple part?

Thanks for the informative first post! I would like to be optimistic for the future on this but it seems hard to believe that they could be supply constrained on such a simple part?

I'm hopeful because:
A) my showroom/sales person didn't try to sell me _at all_ on PUP, he actually down-sold it
B) he said he had noticed that HEPA came and went, and was also curious to inquire about it.
C) the service guy seemed comfortable with the idea of installing the HEPA for me, and his only hesitation was the fact that the filter itself was in short supply. He emphasized that it was one of the most limited parts, and it didn't feel like a line he'd had to serve before (it's a new service center too).

Here's hoping! I don't even get my X for another couple weeks, but this sort of investigation bides the time well!

• Informative
Reactions: DriesM

Thanks for the info, and welcome to the fam!

Thanks for the post, that gives me hope! I've been tempted daily to tweet Elon to ask but figure he has better things to worry about. I'm still checking like every other day for itt o show up. Will post here if it does, and of course order immediately...