Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hepa Filter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HEPA Filter after three years not too bad and price is down from $1,800 to $250
Probably the cheapest biggest part you will ever purchase for your MX
Note that bugs made it all the way through the front end to this filter.
Easy install behind frunk
10mm socket is all you need
Hepa Filter.jpg

Half price at the service center? These are still listed at $500 on tesla.com. I've got a service appointment coming up soon. I should take my frunk apart and inspect mine before I go in. That way, I can grab one while I'm there. Thanks for the advice.

The Tesla Website $500 HEPA filter kit is for vehicles that don't have the Bioweapon Defense Mode option... It includes the filter AND software update to enable it.

If you already have BWD, then, you just need to get the replacement filter (or have them do it) and it's around $220 for the filter itself.

• Informative
Reactions: KentuckyX
So if I rarely turn on my bio defense mode, does the HEPA filter still get used? I’m past the 3 year Tesla recommendation to change it, but wondering how dirty it is....? Not wanting to disassemble just to check it out, so any experienced voices will be welcome.

And on another maintenance topic - does Tesla have a way to remotely know the health of my 12V battery?

Reactions: Bacalao
So if I rarely turn on my bio defense mode, does the HEPA filter still get used? I’m past the 3 year Tesla recommendation to change it, but wondering how dirty it is....? Not wanting to disassemble just to check it out, so any experienced voices will be welcome.

And on another maintenance topic - does Tesla have a way to remotely know the health of my 12V battery?
Re: 12v - I don't know if they can do it ad hoc but they certainly know if it is throwing errors. My kids 12v threw a replace soon message but then progressively got bad first and they changed his SvC appt to a mobile because they were worried his car wouldn't make it. If you haven't changed your 2017 battery yet then I would do it. I've changed mine on a road trip and now I put it in the calendar to change in 2.5 years. There is no core charge so you could even change it yourself.

Re: filter - Regardless of you turning on bio def mode all the air comes in thru that filter. I've vacuumed mine when I was working on my 12v (adding battery monitor).
Many pictures: Frunk tub removal

TlLcvRM.jpg

Reactions: Bigriver