Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Here it is the new Tesla Maps ( coming this weekend? )

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't see that there was an email address in the release notes. But in my defense, as I posted elsewhere on the forum, the 17" screen rebooted on me when I got in the car the day it first downloaded the new nav software and announced it on the screen, just as I started reading it. I never looked at the notes since then. Thank you very much for the advice!

I wonder if this is a function of the cameras. I have noticed in the more recent firmware updates that the cameras are sensing solid vs striped lines. In normal traffic, striped lines will allow for auto lane changes, whereas solid lines would not. I it wouldn't be too difficult to port this info to the NAV system. I notice this especially when driving through an open toll. Lines before the toll are striped, and EAP will allow a lane change. Immediately before, during and after these lines are solid and no automatic lane changes are allowed. The system reverts back immediately after returning to striped lane lines.

I had been on 18.14.2 for about 10 days but without the nav update but it was finally waiting on me this morning.

I swear Autopilot is performing a little better on back roads. It seems that it is sensing tight curves a little quicker. Wonder if this is nav related?

I'm still on 2018.12 and the same thing happened to me today leaving a store. Pop, up came the Nav Notice. Got new Nav on dash, but main screen is same. I thought we had to have 14.2 for the Nav update? MCU is still slow as can be. Screen says I'm still on .12.

What am I missing here????
No, .12 is the first release where you can get the new maps. I'm on 2018.12, and have new maps.

Reactions: croman
I'm still on 2018.12 and the same thing happened to me today leaving a store. Pop, up came the Nav Notice. Got new Nav on dash, but main screen is same. I thought we had to have 14.2 for the Nav update? MCU is still slow as can be. Screen says I'm still on .12.

What am I missing here????

You aren't missing anything, at least for 2018.12. You have new map data (and the option for better, on-line routing) and a different display on the IC Nav, but the CID Nav will be unchanged (still the same Google Maps rendering).

Bruce.

I got the nav update this morning (Georgia). I was upgraded from 10.4 to 14.2 last Friday.

I don't see any difference in autopilot, as expected.

The navigation routing is MUCH better, especially along smaller roads near my home. And the estimated arrival times are much closer (+/- 2 minutes).

This is a really good update!

I've had 2018.12 for 2 weeks and it just popped it up now 2 weeks later. Can I go change the main MCU screen maps?

No, the main screen nav is still that way. There's allegedly a hidden vector mode for the main nav too, but right now there is no way to change it unless you root your car. The huge difference will be in the quality of the routes you get (it should be competitive with google maps), and of course the instrument cluster visual changes.