Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holiday update? what can we expect?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel they could roll that out in the future to more people. Ryzen-equipped models could run some (not complex titles like cyberpunk) titles locally. We've already seen some 2D and limited 3D titles run on these. Hoping it expands its release in the future.
Well that was not we were shown at delivery event of Model S. It show the Cyberpunk 2077 being played during delivery event..

However Interestingly on timeline of Youtube 420 shows up lol

Called it back in October.
But only for 2022 S and X with ryzen processors right now, at least according to the "not official" release notes. I am wondering if that means the ryzen processor in 3/Y is different?

Shrug, I am a console gamer anyway (not a member of the PC master race, lol) so while I think its cool, its just a talking point to me.

If they do release any sort of holiday update, we will have several threads here complaining about it, no matter whats in it or what it does. Even if carplay was in it (it wont be), people would be complaining about the implementation, or the speed or something else regarding how it did or didnt do something they felt it should or shouldnt do.

Im wondering how long it will be before this starts, myself. I am expecting that inside of 24 hours from now there will be at least one thread of people either saying "I got it" or "where is mine, why didnt I get it?!?!?", and also within that same 24 hours there will be the beginning of complaints about it in the dedicated version number thread.

Im wondering how long it will be before this starts, myself. I am expecting that inside of 24 hours from now there will be at least one thread of people either saying "I got it" or "where is mine, why didnt I get it?!?!?", and also within that same 24 hours there will be the beginning of complaints about it in the dedicated version number thread.
And then the, “why didn’t I get FSD when do I get that”

Consolidate the first few into one master issues thread, and then delete all subsequent threads with a nice note to the OP to go over there and talk about it.

Put a sticky at the top explaining that this will be the rule, and soon it should stem the tide.

Over at the TDI club when Dieselgate blew up, they had to make one master thread about it. If I remember right, after a while, people got temporary banned (timeouts) for starting new threads on the topic.

It must be hell on the mods to play whack a mole, and it's really boring and noisy for us users to see the same stuff re-hashed repeatedly.

But maybe it will be awesome and everyone will love it, and we all get puppies.

Reactions: Park2670 and DrGriz
Thats up to mods who have access to this subforum. TMC is very large and most mods have a couple of subforums they manage. What you describe is kind of how I do model 3 and energy (although I dont ban people for starting new threads on hot topics), but I am positive some would tell you they think I am much too heavy handed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Park2670
How many soothsayer points would you like, for correctly predicting an incoming tide of complaints on TMC? ;)

Each prediction point is worth 1E-12 Doge towards Tesla supercharging anywhere on the next continent over (non transferable).

Anyway, I'll throw in a few sub-predictions:
  • A thread complaining at the Holiday update does not contain the final version of non-USS Tesla Vision for parking
  • A thread lamenting that Intel Atom-equipped cars are not getting various multimedia features
  • At least one thread reminding us of an age-old issue like removal of variable regen [or insert other pet peeve here], and that Yet Again the holiday update did not bring this back
  • A thread from some numerically-named user, titled with an old and skillfully misquoted Elon claim that is Yet Again unfulfilled by the end of the year! The text possibly framed as an insincere rhetorical question such as "Did I miss this achievement that I was convinced would be in the 🔥🔥🔥update??"
  • A thread suggesting that the Holiday Update could have been much better if Elon didn't send his engineers over to work on Twitter

Honestly all indications are this Holiday Update is going to be far better received than last years. Some might be disappointed, sure, but I doubt we will have the (mostly justified imho) rage.
Agreed. The initial screenshots and descriptions show attention to usability and user feedback, e.g. making audio & nav controls more reachable (and hiding less map & route area), bringing back the cards info, and putting readably large bold text in the tire pressure card. It's great knowing they're improving core functions.

It doesn't bother me at all that some of the new features won't happen on my car and there are others I'll never use.

I’d love to see some video of Apple Music in action. I want to get an idea of how well it works before I cancel my Tidal subscription. Of course I’d like to just have the feature and try it out … but it looks like Tesla is slow-rolling this update. That’s fine. I’m just impatient.
Yeah, if someone can confirm that sound quality for Apple Music is comparable or close to Tidal and it has a shuffle button, I'm most likely switching. Unless the Tidal shuffle button is finally implemented with this update.

Reactions: cwhite51 and moa999
I’d love to see some video of Apple Music in action. I want to get an idea of how well it works before I cancel my Tidal subscription. Of course I’d like to just have the feature and try it out … but it looks like Tesla is slow-rolling this update. That’s fine. I’m just impatient.
Agreed. Tidal sucks in the car, so I am really hoping the Apple Music integration is better.

Reactions: cwhite51
All I want for christmas is adjustable areas of the main view, so I can have the map portion larger. The car view takes a lot of the screen...
But we might get a lump of coal like last time.
What was delivered was basically the top request from Tesla owners outside of Carply/AA. It's not going to make everyone happy, but Apple Music, Track mode in the Y, auto turn signals 3/Y, Steam, trip cards, and MYQ were all top request delivered in a single update...with additional things.

Yeah, if someone can confirm that sound quality for Apple Music is comparable or close to Tidal and it has a shuffle button, I'm most likely switching. Unless the Tidal shuffle button is finally implemented with this update.
Shuffle button is confirmed. Heighten sound quality has yet been fully analyzed, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Source:

Last edited: