Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home Charge Points Discussion and Suggestions [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at my latest quote and trying to separate labour time and materials it looks like £750 for a days labour and £930 for the unit and 'materials,' materials that should come to about £750. That's about £500 more than my cheapest quote so far. I've asked for an explanation and I am still waiting (but not holding my breath).
My energy supplier is Scottish Power and I realised this week that they offer purchase and installation of the EO Mini Pro 2 for £549 and the Wallbox Pulsar Plus for £599 which (for the EO) is less than half what I had been quoted. Slightly concerned about going with an energy company and whether there will be delays but seems a good deal and also includes 12 months AA cover for pick up if run out of charge.

I’m so pleased I had my Tesla type 2 dumb wall terminal installed last year before the installers got wind of the gold rush. £450.00 (no grant because dumb)for the wall unit and £150.00 quoted by my local approved electrician. I physically screwed the unit to the garage wall leaving him to fit 4 mtrs of conduit, cable & a type B trip, 1.5 hours work.

My energy supplier is Scottish Power and I realised this week that they offer purchase and installation of the EO Mini Pro 2 for £549 and the Wallbox Pulsar Plus for £599 which (for the EO) is less than half what I had been quoted. Slightly concerned about going with an energy company and whether there will be delays but seems a good deal and also includes 12 months AA cover for pick up if run out of charge.

Some of these deals look genuinely attractive. I would certainly give them serious consideration if I were looking for a charge point.

For info I have taken up a recently advertised Ohme Pro charger deal through Octopus for £549 complete.
Its taken a month or so to get the home survey sorted (its for my second home) but we've reached a point where things can happen.
They are happy with the survey and deem the task a "standard install"
There was a requirement to have an incoming mains isolator fitted (free from Octopus) - done last week.
I was required to pay up front for the fitting.
They suggested 5-6 weeks before fitment due to backlog of orders.
Meanwhile, Ohme have sent me the charger to give to the fitter when it starts.

Breakdown is Ohme Pro Charger £497, Fixed cost labour £270, Misc installation materials £132 = £ 899. less the £350 OZEV grant = £549
Seems kind of reasonable.

• Informative
Reactions: Js1977
For info I have taken up a recently advertised Ohme Pro charger deal through Octopus for £549 complete.
Its taken a month or so to get the home survey sorted (its for my second home) but we've reached a point where things can happen.
They are happy with the survey and deem the task a "standard install"
There was a requirement to have an incoming mains isolator fitted (free from Octopus) - done last week.
I was required to pay up front for the fitting.
They suggested 5-6 weeks before fitment due to backlog of orders.
Meanwhile, Ohme have sent me the charger to give to the fitter when it starts.

Breakdown is Ohme Pro Charger £497, Fixed cost labour £270, Misc installation materials £132 = £ 899. less the £350 OZEV grant = £549
Seems kind of reasonable.
Thanks for this. Done the online survey last week and had no feedback since but at least this gives me an insight of the lead time.

I ordered a walbox pulsar but will need to clarify with them that want them (we already have one installed) linked as to make use of the PowerShare feature which is why I had the first wallbox installed in the first place.

If you use 600W (300W base load - not unreasonable) in the two extra 5p hours , then the maths is:

0.6kW * £0.05 = 3p
vs
0.6kW * £0.24 = 14.4p (approx current day rates for new Go joiners)

A net difference of 11.4p. This more than double covers the standing charge delta of 5.76p, no?

Aside from the bonus 5p slots that frequently pop up.

• Informative
Reactions: rotor2k
I had an Anderson installed recently (Essex). Had the EV Grant and paid £1100 in all. Love the fact I can hide the cable inside. It's pricey compared to others, but it looks pretty decent and the app is great.
Just placed an order (in Essex as well); I had to contact them before placing the order and impressed with the service so far

Any updates or is gov in shutdown till the new year
Nope nada from them. Read it again and it said the onus is on the manufacturer to request the addition of the car to the list.
Rang Tesla today, they said they are aware of it and have had a few calls. Someone is on it I'm sure.

So stuck between a rock and a hard place. Can't get the charger until the car is on the grant list.

Does anyone have the Ohme Home Pro? Saw that it uses 4G for connectivity NOT wifi which makes me nervous as it includes 3 years connectivity, but what happens after that?

Might stick to the Octopus Wallbox offer.. if anyone has tried and tested that as well...

1642079965185.png

Does anyone have the Ohme Home Pro? Saw that it uses 4G for connectivity NOT wifi which makes me nervous as it includes 3 years connectivity, but what happens after that?

Might stick to the Octopus Wallbox offer.. if anyone has tried and tested that as well...

View attachment 755217

I don't have the Octopus/Ohme Home Pro charge point yet but I'm expecting an installation a week on Monday.
Did the survey (and payment) before Xmas and was expecting a February installation then got offered the 24th Jan.
Hope it proceeds with no problems.
I have an Octopus smart meter installed but I'm currently not on an EV tarrif.