Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home delivery on new Model S, far away from Service Center

duggadugga

Oct 15, 2020
central okanagan, bc
When ordering my Model S last week, I was told on the order page that I was not able to get delivery to my area, something that contradicts Tesla's own FAQ:

What if I live far away from the nearest Service Center?
If you live more than 360 km from the closest Service Center, your vehicle can be shipped directly to your home or office. Payment in full is required before the car will ship, and a window for delivery will then be provided. We encourage you to consider picking up your vehicle at the Service Center, as it offers you the very best delivery experience, including the ability to schedule a specific day and time for delivery, meet your local service team and receive a full vehicle walkthrough. Our supercharger network enables long distance travel unlike any other electric vehicle – perfect for your trip home!​

Today I got a text from a Tesla employee (with a California phone number) that I would have to pick up the vehicle in Vancouver. I responded immediately quoting the above, but they did not respond.

I'm 400 km away from Vancouver and obviously prefer strongly not to drive over the Coquihalla in the winter.

Have other Canadians in rural areas been able to get home delivery? Any advice?

Tony_YYZ

Tezler Guru
Apr 7, 2016
Caledon, ON Canada
They recently discontinued the home delivery service, silently. And clearly they can’t seem to be bothered to update their verbage on it. I’d try to fight them on it but honestly they are pretty stubborn even when they are in the wrong and it might be a lost battle.

Best of luck.

Reactions: duggadugga

Tony_YYZ

Tezler Guru
Apr 7, 2016
Caledon, ON Canada
Thanks Tony. Maybe like the way they seem to be honouring the premium connectivity thing, they will honour the home delivery since it's on their site.... fingers crossed.
No problem. Definitely update here as you progress. Make sure to note that you only ordered the car because of the delivery option stated on the website. Also, be sure to take a screen cap of the website which shows the date/time as well before they go and change it on you.

duggadugga

Oct 15, 2020
central okanagan, bc
No problem. Definitely update here as you progress. Make sure to note that you only ordered the car because of the delivery option stated on the website. Also, be sure to take a screen cap of the website which shows the date/time as well before they go and change it on you.

Great idea, thanks! Posted below for posterity, so it can be a matter of public record.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 12.41.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 12.41.19 PM.png
    852.1 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: Tony_YYZ

TheRFMan

Dec 15, 2019
Ottawa, Canada
This is interesting. I know that they had stopped delivery to the Maritimes, but I assumed that was because of self-isolation requirements for the delivery folks. That would not be the case here.

SpeedWagon

Nov 3, 2020
Victoria, BC
When I picked My M3 up in September, it was a $20 cab ride to Harbour Air, a $99 flight to Vancouver Harbour and then another $20 cab ride to Great Northern Way. Plus the $72.80 trip back on BC Ferries. It was a great day.

richyrich

Apr 13, 2018
Ottawa
When I picked My M3 up in September, it was a $20 cab ride to Harbour Air, a $99 flight to Vancouver Harbour and then another $20 cab ride to Great Northern Way. Plus the $72.80 trip back on BC Ferries. It was a great day.

Same - flew in and picked my Model 3 up in Toronto and drove back to Ottawa. The drive was a blast and a great way to get to know the car.

If tires are a concern just make an appointment at Costco or similar? They'll swap them in no time.

I'd suggest just go get it and make a day/road trip of it.

duggadugga

Oct 15, 2020
central okanagan, bc
I guess that's how it's looking, since I have received no communication at all since my message to them. :(

It is a fairly treacherous drive, even with snow tires. But I guess I can hang out in Vancouver and watch the weather forecast...

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC