Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HomeLink Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you are at all technically included, you can pick up a Wemo maker, wire it to your garage door, and It will be able to open the door when your phone passes through a geo fence. If you wanted, you could also buy a flic button and stick it to the dash, which would give you the option of an open/close button.

I solved this back when I had an ICE and it still works to this day: GitHub - scottweston/garage: Garage door automation. (wow, 3 years ago now). Once the door is controllable via an webhook it was super simple to control using Tasker and geofences. When I enter my home geofence from outside my phone opens the door, when I leave it it closes the door. It's been rock solid. The only thing missing is the ability to hook door opening/closing into the summon feature, but our summon is sufficiently nerfed and I always plug my Tesla in so it's a feature I'd never use - just having the door open and close automatically however has been awesome.

When i sold my S, i reset the settings to factory and on restart the Homelink option was visible in the settings, though after several times when the car would be "off" the setting finally disappeared

So the option is there surely it can be enabled with allocation of a spectrum for Homelink

Attachments

• IMG_6051.JPG
    IMG_6051.JPG
    410.1 KB · Views: 96
  • Informative
Reactions: Homer