Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink Not Available for 2023 Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was planning to add HomeLink to my MY, but when I looked into it I found that the MY Q option was less expensive and more functional. I needed an MY-Q adapter ($30) from Amazon, which took less than 1/2 hour to install and set up. (my garage door opener (Liftmaster 15 years old) supported My-Q. It works great, allowing you to check the open/closed status remotely using your smartphone. It does have a $30/year fee but it is worth it for me. Because the MY-Q knows the status of your door (open/closed) you don't have to worry that an open door will close when you drive up to your garage.
Don't forget that My-Q is also an IOT application, allowing you to merge your garage door with any additional smart items in your home that MY-Q supports. That list is getting longer quickly. I found my front door lock on the list from January 2023, which is great, because it covers the same issue above - open doors when you're away or forget to close them. My concern is that MY-Q is a single point of failure, so if the app isn't available because your Internet is down, nothing that works with the app will be working - and you'll be locked out of the garage. Homelink is outdated technology, but has a huge base of installations, so it's not going away soon.

Reactions: pkmody
I just bought a '23 M3 which like several of you mentioned says that it is not compatible with homelink. I cannot select the homelink option from the store. For any of you who had a similar experience, does the car actually have the bracket and harness connectors to accommodate homelink if I were to buy a module and install myself? I don't mind the install process as it seems pretty DIY, and I am put off with the subscription model for the My-Q.

Don't forget that My-Q is also an IOT application, allowing you to merge your garage door with any additional smart items in your home that MY-Q supports. That list is getting longer quickly. I found my front door lock on the list from January 2023, which is great, because it covers the same issue above - open doors when you're away or forget to close them. My concern is that MY-Q is a single point of failure, so if the app isn't available because your Internet is down, nothing that works with the app will be working - and you'll be locked out of the garage. Homelink is outdated technology, but has a huge base of installations, so it's not going away soon.
I got home link because it was a one time cost, no monthly fees, and I've used it in all the cars I have had. I already have another home automation setup (Polisy from Universal Devices - used to be ISY) that I can control my garage doors with remotely, as well as most everything else in my house. I just wanted the functionality to open/close without putting a remote in the car - Home Link solves that. Its also nice to have the door opened automatically when you pull up.

I just ended a 30 day trial period for MY-Q. I will not continue with it due to the number of network errors. When you get that error you can't open/close the door. I had to have my remote door opener in the car for when these happen so defeated the reason to continue with it.

I just bought a '23 M3 which like several of you mentioned says that it is not compatible with homelink. I cannot select the homelink option from the store. For any of you who had a similar experience, does the car actually have the bracket and harness connectors to accommodate homelink if I were to buy a module and install myself? I don't mind the install process as it seems pretty DIY, and I am put off with the subscription model for the My-Q.

I wasn't aware that there'd be much different between the 3 and Y. Worst case, take 5 minutes to pull the frunk and see if there's an adapter taped up on the driver side. You can also confirm in service menu if retrofit is available as an option. If both checks out, you should be able to DIY it

Homelink is available through the app. for $350 for Model 3/Y.

Reactions: pkmody
Hi all- I just pulled the frunk liner out of my M3 (build date 5/23) and it definitely does NOT have the correct plug for Homelink. Therefore, I cannot retrofit Homelink in. A shame for sure, but I just affixed the opener in the driver door cubby and it works great and is completely out of the way.

Hi all- I just pulled the frunk liner out of my M3 (build date 5/23) and it definitely does NOT have the correct plug for Homelink. Therefore, I cannot retrofit Homelink in. A shame for sure, but I just affixed the opener in the driver door cubby and it works great and is completely out of the way.
Are you sure you located the HomeLink connector/plug?
You are the first to have found a different connector if ever on a Model 3.

Previously (on 2022 or earlier Model 3) there is a connector/plug for Radar and HomeLink next to each other taped behind the front bumper crash bar.

Attachments

• 20221211_141026.jpg
    20221211_141026.jpg
    433.3 KB · Views: 172
I called Tesla and they said it’s available, just the app is not updated to show. Is that not true? Can someone confirm if 1114984-00-b doesn’t work in 2023 Y?
I can confirm HL module 1114984-00-B works with 2023 Model Y.

Just did DiY install few weeks ago onto May 2023 Fremont built MYP.

Attachments

• 20230519_160259.jpg
    20230519_160259.jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 112
  • 20230519_154154.jpg
    20230519_154154.jpg
    349.8 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: ag21 and MYLR_ON_CA
Are you sure you located the HomeLink connector/plug?
You are the first to have found a different connector if ever on a Model 3.

Previously (on 2022 or earlier Model 3) there is a connector/plug for Radar and HomeLink next to each other taped behind the front bumper crash bar.
just to cover all the bases, the harness is bundled up and may not be obvious that there's an extra plug and may need to be unwrapped to expose. The plug is also capped with dust cover so it might not look obvious that you can plug anything to it.