TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Homelink to contact closure ?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by ElectricTundra, Dec 13, 2015.

Tags:
  1. ddimit

ddimit Member

I also used the liftmaster 850LM, to provide a contact closure for my automated gate opener. Works very well.

Amazon.com: Liftmaster 860LM Universal Weather-Resistant Receiver: Electronics

2. xtall

xtall New Member

I just installed the LiftMaster 850LM using the 893 LM remote, purchased at Amazon. My new X would not communicate at all with my 3 beloved Sommer openers purchased in 2013. I gathered that the issue was that they operate on 310 MHz but Tesla sends out homelink signals at 315MHz. The 850 is multi frequency receiver, and Sommer Tech Assistance recommended it as a solution to my problem. My first attempt to pair failed, when I programmed the 893 for 315 operation. It paired flawlessly when I chose Security 2.0 option on the 893. All three doors are now linked to Model X. Love it. My thanks to others in this thread!

3. David.85D

David.85D Member

I know this works with my MS. It’s what I use to control circuits inside the car... there are three independent set of contacts you can program. Doesn’t come with a power supply. It can use DC power from your existing opener or you have to order a separate power brick.

• Funny x 1
  4. absoluteZERO

absoluteZERO New Member

Any chance you could take a pic of the wiring setup? I basically sent 1 and 2 from the new 315mhz receiver to the 1 and 2 on the Sommer garage door opener but don't have any other connections to/from the new receiver...