Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink to contact closure ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a note that the 850LM is working with my Model S quite well on all three channels. Programmed the first time on each channel.
I just installed the LiftMaster 850LM using the 893 LM remote, purchased at Amazon. My new X would not communicate at all with my 3 beloved Sommer openers purchased in 2013. I gathered that the issue was that they operate on 310 MHz but Tesla sends out homelink signals at 315MHz. The 850 is multi frequency receiver, and Sommer Tech Assistance recommended it as a solution to my problem. My first attempt to pair failed, when I programmed the 893 for 315 operation. It paired flawlessly when I chose Security 2.0 option on the 893. All three doors are now linked to Model X. Love it. My thanks to others in this thread!

Does anyone know which version of Homelink firmware Tesla is using? One solution is a Liftmaster 850LM receiver (and 895 Max remote for programming Homelink in Model S). It uses Security+ 2.0 which does not work with older Homelink systems but does work with newer (I believe v7.0 and above).

I know this works with my MS. It’s what I use to control circuits inside the car... there are three independent set of contacts you can program. Doesn’t come with a power supply. It can use DC power from your existing opener or you have to order a separate power brick.

• Funny
Reactions: obie_fl
If you have 3 door openers and want to control all 3 with the Tesla, then to use the Sommer solution, you'll need two of the contact closure units, and 2 of the 2-button remotes.

You could also check out the Liftmaster 850LM that was talked about above, it is a 3-channel unit. It looks like it is Security+ 2.0 and 315 MHz compatible, but we don't know for sure from this thread whether the Tesla will successfully link to it or not.

Any chance you could take a pic of the wiring setup? I basically sent 1 and 2 from the new 315mhz receiver to the 1 and 2 on the Sommer garage door opener but don't have any other connections to/from the new receiver...