Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad but true… :/
My 2016 Golf R was leaking rear main seal at 9k miles which is very rare for the rear main seal to fail. They rarely fail for any cars. So VW dropped the subframe to fix the issues, and when I got the car back they installed the headlight sensors backwards, so my headlights were pointing the sky.
When I brought it back and complain, the service advisor said it is normal and within spec.
I came home and went under the car and took the pictures and I bought the VW service manuals and printed the section to show them how they screwed up.
Even after these solid evidence, they were reluctant to fix the issue, but eventually gave up and fixed the issues, but it took me 2 weeks for wasting my time for research and back and forth with the service managers.
After 1000 miles the rear main seal was leaking again, and it turned out that they installed the seal incorrectly. also the "senior" technician reused all the critical stretch bolts for the subframes, which is big no no, but they did and I found out and they didn't admit but I forced them to get the new ones for the second fix.
I guess that fixed this fiasco with the VW dealer, but the rear main seal failed the third time within 50 miles, and they did not know why and how. That's when I I straight to Carmax and sold the car right away.

Reactions: Bouba
All car dealers do that. You will learn that when you own more than one car (which is Tesla I guess). Broken door clips are not even top 1000 list of dealer screw ups.
You are right, like the time they replaced my roof glass and return the falcon door interior trim trashed. They want to charge $1000+ to fix their f up. Smh, leaving it this way to share my service experience with every one.

Attachments

• E71ADD92-612A-4E32-82B8-17FBE64744A5.jpeg
    E71ADD92-612A-4E32-82B8-17FBE64744A5.jpeg
    290 KB · Views: 94
  • 07B3B0EE-6D69-4822-A999-302DEF3D985C.jpeg
    07B3B0EE-6D69-4822-A999-302DEF3D985C.jpeg
    266.5 KB · Views: 75
  • B97895D5-743F-4D5E-80DA-0B5E7CA57652.jpeg
    B97895D5-743F-4D5E-80DA-0B5E7CA57652.jpeg
    390.4 KB · Views: 74
  • 4B043FAB-4C94-4990-B862-4DCAF71D8910.jpeg
    4B043FAB-4C94-4990-B862-4DCAF71D8910.jpeg
    371.9 KB · Views: 75
  • CD0B227F-E8FF-4BF0-957B-48954AD35832.jpeg
    CD0B227F-E8FF-4BF0-957B-48954AD35832.jpeg
    367.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 0CC6770B-C9DA-4E6F-BCF3-39641BEC0A8F.jpeg
    0CC6770B-C9DA-4E6F-BCF3-39641BEC0A8F.jpeg
    350.6 KB · Views: 74
  • B8D4194C-5465-44DB-9622-7F00CFB6BF57.jpeg
    B8D4194C-5465-44DB-9622-7F00CFB6BF57.jpeg
    307.5 KB · Views: 70
You are right, like the time they replaced my roof glass and return the falcon door interior trim trashed. They want to charge $1000+ to fix their f up. Smh, leaving it this way to share my service experience with every one.
Sorry for your experience. Did you still take the car back without notifying them at the center? what was the reason they wanted $1000 plus to fix it?

My 2016 Golf R was leaking rear main seal at 9k miles which is very rare for the rear main seal to fail. They rarely fail for any cars. So VW dropped the subframe to fix the issues, and when I got the car back they installed the headlight sensors backwards, so my headlights were pointing the sky.
When I brought it back and complain, the service advisor said it is normal and within spec.
I came home and went under the car and took the pictures and I bought the VW service manuals and printed the section to show them how they screwed up.
Even after these solid evidence, they were reluctant to fix the issue, but eventually gave up and fixed the issues, but it took me 2 weeks for wasting my time for research and back and forth with the service managers.
After 1000 miles the rear main seal was leaking again, and it turned out that they installed the seal incorrectly. also the "senior" technician reused all the critical stretch bolts for the subframes, which is big no no, but they did and I found out and they didn't admit but I forced them to get the new ones for the second fix.
I guess that fixed this fiasco with the VW dealer, but the rear main seal failed the third time within 50 miles, and they did not know why and how. That's when I I straight to Carmax and sold the car right away.
I had a VW Jetta TDI And sadly, my experience with VW service matches yours. There was a recall that required replacing the fuel rail. About ¾ of the way home I started smelling diesel, Then a warning light came on with the message “reduced power, service immediately!” I limped Home, parked the car (in the street, thankfully) and saw diesel dripping from under the engine. When I called the dealer the wanted me to drive it back to them! Long story short, they didn‘t tighten the bolts on the fuel rail and it came loose, spraying diesel all over the place.

Another time when I went to pick up my car they lost the keys. While I was waiting the service manager came out and sheepishly asked if I had another set of keys on me.

I liked the car but the service department sucked.

Reactions: Dcam and nate704
I had a VW Jetta TDI And sadly, my experience with VW service matches yours. There was a recall that required replacing the fuel rail. About ¾ of the way home I started smelling diesel, Then a warning light came on with the message “reduced power, service immediately!” I limped Home, parked the car (in the street, thankfully) and saw diesel dripping from under the engine. When I called the dealer the wanted me to drive it back to them! Long story short, they didn‘t tighten the bolts on the fuel rail and it came loose, spraying diesel all over the place.

Another time when I went to pick up my car they lost the keys. While I was waiting the service manager came out and sheepishly asked if I had another set of keys on me.

I liked the car but the service department sucked.
You guys are lucky👍 you got some work done....unfortunately I had a Volvo, so I only paid for the work...just never received any😡

Reactions: Dcam
Sorry for your experience. Did you still take the car back without notifying them at the center? what was the reason they wanted $1000 plus to fix it?
Totally agreed with most of y’all saying above.

If the product and user experience is only so so, tesla will not be where they are at today. Ppl will not be lining up for them and waiting months to get one.
It has me reconsidering my next Tesla purchase (#6), I will be less tolerant to defects. Most like slowing my capital investment into $tsla as well.

the sales associate misread my husband's name a few times and even set it up wrong in our car, which I finally corrected her for and then she still proceeded to say his name wrong throughout the experience 😒 The name isn't even hard... literally a regular English name...

Maybe the sales person didn’t have English as a first language? You sound a tad “unforgiving”, if I may say?

Dust, smudges, missing disposable paper floor mat, and trouble saying your name. Lol. Sounds like your expectations are Off the charts and No car will make you happy sorry. It’s a family car not a Lamborghini. Sorry don’t have any advise as nothing will likely please your needs. And based on the spider web I would certainly return it…….lol
I thought the same as you ! 👍😂

Did you see the picture? I assume nothing because I was not there and didn't see the car. The tesla dsahboard can get dirty and dusty with one blow of air with dirt. that's seconds not hours or not days. Where was the spider webs? how big was it? Did you see it? Did they intentionally ignore the spider webs? Did they miss it? Does that make Tesla the worst company that does this kind of nonsense all the time?

Only on Dune would you thank someone for moisture for spiting in your mouth. Only on a Tesla forum would someone consider dirty delivery of any car acceptable.

Keith

Reactions: sleepydoc
I think you really do not understand the point here.
Actually I think you missed Fourdoor’s point.
No one said the dirty car is acceptable, but also no one saw the picture or how dirty it was. you are making an assumption that is based on your guess.
But that’s just what many people appear to be arguing - expecting the car to be clean and free of defects is not part of the ’Tesla Experience’ and people need to adjust their expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.