Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I disable the noisemaker in my Tesla Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

When I did it I used a torx wrench on the underside panel, there are two screws. the second screw is hidden on the underside. And then I had to pull off the clips on the left side. I unplugged the molex connector. But I had a error on the screen, so I had to put a 8 ohm resistor in the molex connector..

Ok, I tried that but I got sparks and some smoke and then my screen went black. Is that normal? I also suspect my panel gaps have doubled..........any advice?

5 pages of this and not one person has simply tried unplugging it yet?

:rolleyes:
Haha, why haven't YOU done it? Maybe because you don't have a brand new 3 week old baby that you don't want to start taking apart and experimenting on? I wouldn't have messed with it, either! Not knowing the legal nor the electrical/OS effects on a brand new car would keep me from doing it. Especially if it really isn't that annoying to start with.

Let me understand this ... as of date xxx, all Model S, 3, etc. do this?
So the speaker has always been there?

This sounds beyond stupid.
Yes, by law all electric vehicles, hybrids, plugin hybrids, and battery powered, must produce a sound while traveling less than 30kmh, 18.6 mph. Starting September 1st, 50% of the affected vehicles need to produce the sound. Next year, 100% of new manufactured vehicles need to comply.

This means cars, trucks, and motorcycles.

In Europe the noise is only required to 20kmh, 12mph.

In busy cities I don't believe these sounds will really help. The city noise is so loud it is difficult to hear any car until they honk their horn.

I was hoping to sound like a horse, clip/clop/neigh.

As too when they added the speaker? My wife's February build Model 3 have the speaker holes underneath. Not sure if the speaker is there or not. My 2018 Model S does not have the speaker holes.

• Informative
Reactions: GreenT
Dose anyone have information on how to disable the forward moving noise maker? The reverse noise maker is fine because it's only used for short times while in reverse. Thank you.
I don't have a car that makes the noise so I can't test this, but, take the cover off under the front end. You can see the speaker location because there are holes for the speaker. Unplug the speaker. If the car displays an error put a 6 ohm resistor across the plug.

Dose anyone have information on how to disable the forward moving noise maker? The reverse noise maker is fine because it's only used for short times while in reverse. Thank you.

TESLA OWNER: "Sir, my car is making a strange noise when I drive and reverse"

SERVICE: "This is a known issue. Wire cutters will fix that in seconds." :)

For speaker cable?
Yes. You will blow the circuit breaker (or whatever the current-limiting device is called in a model 3) in the amp used to power the speaker. You must have some sort of resistance between the positive and negative wires or you end up with near infinite current, hence the blown fuse. Of course, this only applies when you are powering the speaker during slow driving.