Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I disable the noisemaker in my Tesla Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still surprised Tesla hasn't created a soundboard with different sounds the car can generate when driving. Jetsons, etc

I want my car to be bale to make some loud whine when driving. That'd sound badass when accelerating. And then you can turn it off if you dont want it

I tried it and it didn't work. They underlay the default noise on whatever track you play. So if you play a silent MP3, the default sound comes through. They evidently thought of people trying this to defeat the external sound.

Someone needs to make a track with inverted phase sound waves to cancel out the sound, like in active noise control.

300px-Active_Noise_Reduction.svg.png

Active noise control - Wikipedia.

Now we can simply add an audio free mp3 file and call it Stealth Mode.
That way you can disable sound digitally yet still have it when you want it.
Um, no. As stated just a couple of posts above yours:
I tried it and it didn't work. They underlay the default noise on whatever track you play. So if you play a silent MP3, the default sound comes through. They evidently thought of people trying this to defeat the external sound.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
A long time has passed, but two points have still not been discussed here.
  1. Making the modification deniable, i.e. it should look as if the contact was not properly installed when the car was manufactured or as if it broke or worked itself loose during normal use.
  2. Making the modification such that it can very quickly and easily be reversed.
I have not looked into it technically, but perhaps pulling the plug out only half-way may do the trick, possibly combined with a tiny amount of glue, so it does not fall out and hang freely, collecting dirt.

Has anybody looked into these details?

How do I increase my liability insurance to $2m+ should be the follow up question. You disabling the factory safety feature is the DREAM case for every personal injury attorney...
A federally mandates safety feature no less. A recipe for trouble. I'd question if the insurance would even cover you if you did that. Depending on the circumstances of course.

A federally mandates safety feature no less. A recipe for trouble. I'd question if the insurance would even cover you if you did that. Depending on the circumstances of course.

I view such a modification as very similar to too-dark window tint. The danger comes when an accident occurs and someone figures out that the car was modified. You're definitely in a much bigger pickle.

Reactions: rpiotro