Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you activate FSD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I did my time and earned a 99 safety score and was shocked that today over the cellular network 2021.36.8.5 (FSD Beta 10.4) was pushed to my vehicle. I have the settings for sentry live view and for expanded FSD visuals but I can’t seem to activate FSD. When I’m I home in my drive way I’ll put an address in the nav and it won’t activate and instead say that autopilot is temporarily unavailable (probably because I’m in my drive way.)

When I’m the road I’ll put an address in and try to activate AP to navigate to it but instead it’s just normal AP that activates (granted it’s the one that will lane change and stop at stop signs and lights, but it’s NOT FSD Beta.)

The vehicle won’t make turns, won’t pull away from a light on its own without me acknowledging it’s safe to do so, no updated or expanded visuals…

These are side streets and main 35mph roads (no divided street, but two lanes in each direction with a center lane marked off by yellow.) What exactly am I doing wrong? Or is it only geo-limited to specific cities? (I’m in Washington State)

It would be helpful if those who ask for help would supply some relevant information so we can help you out.

Please post a picture of how you set up your FSD screen. You might have missed something.
IMG_1450.jpg
IMG_1451.jpg

Reactions: K5TRX
I just got FSD today around 4pm. prev version was 2021.36.5.1. Updated 7pm to 8pm then nothing happen. I've tried reboot, vehicle reset, power off what else I can do? I didn't try opt-out beta, should I?
Sorry, the garage is way too cold right now for me to go snap some pictures, lol

What I can confirm though is mine looks *exactly* the same as warezio

You definitely should get FSD beta according to the pictures you posted but I don't know why you don't:

1) Request button should disappear.
2) the note of "Nothing here" should be the FSD beta button to turn on or off.

Since you already rebooted the car and it's still not resolved, I would either call Service Center or book an appointment asking them to re-install the firmware (over the air again) because the current firmware unsuccessfully installed the FSD beta on/off slider/button.

I would not opt-out so you don't have to go through the whole Safety Score process again.

Reactions: aseito and K5TRX
So I did my time and earned a 99 safety score and was shocked that today over the cellular network 2021.36.8.5 (FSD Beta 10.4) was pushed to my vehicle. I have the settings for sentry live view and for expanded FSD visuals but I can’t seem to activate FSD. When I’m I home in my drive way I’ll put an address in the nav and it won’t activate and instead say that autopilot is temporarily unavailable (probably because I’m in my drive way.)

When I’m the road I’ll put an address in and try to activate AP to navigate to it but instead it’s just normal AP that activates (granted it’s the one that will lane change and stop at stop signs and lights, but it’s NOT FSD Beta.)

The vehicle won’t make turns, won’t pull away from a light on its own without me acknowledging it’s safe to do so, no updated or expanded visuals…

These are side streets and main 35mph roads (no divided street, but two lanes in each direction with a center lane marked off by yellow.) What exactly am I doing wrong? Or is it only geo-limited to specific cities? (I’m in Washington State)
I have the exact same problem. Please let me know how to fix it when you find out.

Reactions: Tedkidd
You definitely should get FSD beta according to the pictures you posted but I don't know why you don't:

1) Request button should disappear.
2) the note of "Nothing here" should be the FSD beta button to turn on or off.

Since you already rebooted the car and it's still not resolved, I would either call Service Center or book an appointment asking them to re-install the firmware (over the air again) because the current firmware unsuccessfully installed the FSD beta on/off slider/button.

I would not opt-out so you don't have to go through the whole Safety Score process again.
I didn’t even realize there was a slider button for that but I already requested a push of the software again so hopefully the service center will see the ticket tomorrow,

Oddly this software push happened over the cellular connection for me while I was at work… curious if that messed something up. I didn’t get any notification that an update needed to be downloaded, just a notice in my app that it was ready to install, which I did while I was at work…

Reactions: Tedkidd