Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you guys feel on the Model 3 being really popular

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even though Model 3's are everywhere in Socal, my car still turn heads. Still plenty of people to impress if that's what the old man needs. But yeah the more Model 3's the better. That was the point to the Model 3, this is Tesla's attempt at mass market.

I ogle every Model 3 like I've never seen one before. LOL

LOL yes. I heard that Silver is going away so I chose the last boat of Silver. And boom! they announced I could be pick up the car in like 9 days.

After hearing red has many paint defect and take more maintenance, I felt sticking with silver.

Easier maintenance and it looks like Macbook pro with wheels.

You get Macbook pricing too. $2,000 for a $20 paint job. :D

Yeah, $20 paint job, $1980 donation to Tesla to prosper. Very economic! :rolleyes:

Says someone with a Model S and Model X.
clear.png

So this came to my attention around mid June. I was at the service centre and a older guy who owns a model s was like, “I don’t feel special anymore. There’s already so many Model 3’s on the road, and you guys are delivering even more.”

I said well the goal of the company isn’t to be special in terms of rarity but in terms of environment. He said well no one bats an eye on civics or camrys because well they’re ****ing everywhere. With Model 3 being everywhere soon he’s worried he won’t get the same attention. I said enjoy it while it lasts I guess. Service centre guys were just laughing.

How do you guys feel about this?
He can buy a roadster *shrug*. Whenever a product is competitively priced with superior desirability it’s going to become common.

So this came to my attention around mid June. I was at the service centre and a older guy who owns a model s was like, “I don’t feel special anymore. There’s already so many Model 3’s on the road, and you guys are delivering even more.”

I said well the goal of the company isn’t to be special in terms of rarity but in terms of environment. He said well no one bats an eye on civics or camrys because well they’re ****ing everywhere. With Model 3 being everywhere soon he’s worried he won’t get the same attention. I said enjoy it while it lasts I guess. Service centre guys were just laughing.

How do you guys feel about this?
I would love more of them so (some) people don’t make a big deal about my M3. I love the car, just not the extra attention some give it.

While it was kind of fun having it be unique for a bit, everyone asking how I liked it, etc; I’d much rather all the cars on the road be Tesla, saving the planet. I’m thrilled and repeatedly surprised by how many I’m spotting recently in California. Sad that EVs haven’t reached this density everywhere yet, I can’t wait until they do!
I think most of us forget that sometimes. It's fun to be cool, but the real point of going electric is to reduce pollution/climate change blah blah.

Reactions: APotatoGod
I´ve been in Stuttgart recently, one of the german cities with the highest nox/nano-particle-whatever smog values.
Near the Porsche center it`s nearly as loud as on a race track and the air smeels like i`d be licking an exhaust pipe.

So I can wholeheartedly say that I absolutely don`t care about how some Tesla owners might not feel like special little snowflakes anymore and that I just want a LOT more Model 3s or other EVs on the streets.

Doesn`t hurt my shares either :p

EVs might barely make a dent in the overall CO2 scheme, but widespread adoption would make a giant difference in life quality in any bigger city.
Can you imagine a city like LA or New York without the constant roaring of hundreds of thousands engines?

Last edited: