Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many will look into the F-150 Lightning?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the F-150 Lightning is very compelling because they made a standard vehicle. The Model X and Cybertruck are out for me because their design makes using accessories difficult. I’m speaking specifically about roof racks, bed accessories, etc. I’m sure vendors will make some but there will likely be an even more premium price attached to it.

Reactions: SeminoleFSU
The Ford F 1-50 Lighting looks interesting. I am curious to see how many will consider this instead of the Cybertruck.

The price of the Lighting also looks pretty good ("Standard-range model will start at $39,974, before any federal or state tax credits, while pricing for the mid-range model begins at $52,974.") especially with an EV rebate factored in. But, I imagine that is for a standard cab and crew cabs, which would be closer to the CyberTruck, would be considerably more.
I put a reservation in. One of the newspapers say it will only be available in crew cab (maybe that is to start). Specs look good to me and I’ll be very relieved to not be subjected to the whims of the 420technoking

As a grocery getter I could back in to the parking spot.
Mobile power wall is the future.
If they work the battery supply and charging infrastructure keeps going (it will), I am thinking of getting one...

But, having owned a ranger, 150 and 350 over the last 25 years - my truck days may have passed....

Reactions: TessP100D and 21EV
How sound before others add the truck 'PowerWall'?

rEs02RB.jpg
Depends upon what the numbers are. 9.6 peak is a good, but for what time can you pull the peak, and what is the steady state amount of power. For example, you can use 7 kW just starting a dryer.

Still with 110 or 140 kWh batteries in the F-150 this a great use of the vehicle's battery and something Tesla should have done years ago. Tesla missed a golden opportunity on this one.

As a grocery getter I could back in to the parking spot.
Mobile power wall is the future.
If they work the battery supply and charging infrastructure keeps going (it will), I am thinking of getting one...

But, having owned a ranger, 150 and 350 over the last 25 years - my truck days may have passed....
Yep. My truck days are also passed. But, the F-150 is the largest selling vehicle in America, so it won't take Ford long to eclipse Tesla in EV vehicle sales.

I ordered one but will keep my CT order for now... already received email from the sales manager saying I was his first (Surprised me). I’ll see how this pans out once some of the car/driver reviews start coming out. It’s a nice looking truck.

Reactions: TessP100D
Guaranteed it'll be different as CT won't be using the same pack as M3.

I expect 4680-based packs to be able to sustain higher charging rates for longer. There'll be the usual data collection on something new so initial charging rates will be limited initially. We'll find out when Texas releases the MY with 4680s.

So you think that 250 kW will be any diff than the TM3 as an example. It is a short duration and drops to below 150 kW ;-)

img-2021-tesla-model-3-lr-awd-v3-sc-dcfc-power-20210512.png

Via: Tesla Model 3 LR Vs Hyundai Ioniq 5: Fast Charging Comparison

If CT appears to be materializing by the time F-150 Lightning reaches production I will get the CT but I did put in a reservation "just in case" as well as a way of signaling my approval to Ford. The 150 mile towing range is a serious issue but otherwise it looks like a great truck.

150 miles on the most expensive model. Not only are you limited to two hours of driving max, you are going to have to figure out how to charge it too.

I also heard max 150KW charging versus over 200KW for the CT.

It's a cluster for towing all around.

If CT appears to be materializing by the time F-150 Lightning reaches production I will get the CT but I did put in a reservation "just in case" as well as a way of signaling my approval to Ford. The 150 mile towing range is a serious issue but otherwise it looks like a great truck.
Same. Made the F-150 reservation as soon as the presentation started as a fallback in case there's no news regarding the Cybertruck by the time the Lightning goes into production. Also, I'm pretty sure I'm way back in line to get my CT and will be looking at several years after production begins to get mine and really don't want to wait that much longer.

Surprised to hear so many people reserved the Lightning and cancelled their reservation for the CT. Why not keep both since they're both refundable and it's only $100 and make the decision further down the line when more info on both trucks is made available?