Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many will look into the F-150 Lightning?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are cutting production to have more available parts for the Lightning.
Electric pickups provide a rare & narrow "now or never" advantage to the first mover. They don't need a lot of parts to get sufficient "first mover advantage"; F-150 has big enough numbers that it's a small percentage to siphon off for that win. Tesla, while doing well, would need cut deeper into their smaller production numbers to meet/beat that challenge with something profoundly unlike what they can't build enough of already.

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
I could not wait any longer. I got lucky and found a 2022 –150 and bought it. After a week of driving this truck, it’s easy to see why the F-150 is so popular. It is really nice, and the fit and finish is fantastic… Tesla has a long ways to go.

How does one "find" a 2022 F150 Lightning for sale?

Except they haven't started building Lightnings yet. Latest I heard was towards the end of March. At this point early reservation holders are putting in orders and Ford is scheduling production based on those confirmed orders. @TessP100D is trolling us.
Not a lighting. It’s a gas powered truck. But…. I think you knew that. Sorry if I wasn’t clear. Not trying to piss anybody Off. I just needed a truck NOW and could wait for Ford, Rivian, Chevy or Tesla to get around to making one.

Last edited:
The Ford F 1-50 Lighting looks interesting. I am curious to see how many will consider this instead of the Cybertruck.

The price of the Lighting also looks pretty good ("Standard-range model will start at $39,974, before any federal or state tax credits, while pricing for the mid-range model begins at $52,974.") especially with an EV rebate factored in. But, I imagine that is for a standard cab and crew cabs, which would be closer to the CyberTruck, would be considerably more.
I'm sticking with Tesla. They continue to push boundaries and I am extremely curious what they will do with this one.

Reactions: WhiteWi
It does look functional but I am skeptical about battery tech and electric motors in Ford as well as thermal management.
yeah. because Ford clearly hasn't invested in R&D and are just "winging it". Ford started the Team Edison in 2017 and the Mach E / Lightning have been developed for years. Unlike Tesla - Ford has the luxury not to start at "zero" and you can bet they reverse engineered Model S / 3 / X. I would be worried more about Software / OTA updates / functionality than thermal management or battery tech or motors. Volkswagen has software issues with their ID platform but batteries/ motors and thermal management appear to be solid.

• Funny
yeah. because Ford clearly hasn't invested in R&D and are just "winging it". Ford started the Team Edison in 2017 and the Mach E / Lightning have been developed for years. Unlike Tesla - Ford has the luxury not to start at "zero" and you can bet they reverse engineered Model S / 3 / X. I would be worried more about Software / OTA updates / functionality than thermal management or battery tech or motors. Volkswagen has software issues with their ID platform but batteries/ motors and thermal management appear to be solid.
Throwing money at a problem doesn’t automatically solve it. Maybe a later software update helped with this.

The Ford F 1-50 Lighting looks interesting. I am curious to see how many will consider this instead of the Cybertruck.

The price of the Lighting also looks pretty good ("Standard-range model will start at $39,974, before any federal or state tax credits, while pricing for the mid-range model begins at $52,974.") especially with an EV rebate factored in. But, I imagine that is for a standard cab and crew cabs, which would be closer to the CyberTruck, would be considerably more.
I read that an F150 Lightning can run upwards into the $90+K 😬🤷🏻‍♂️