Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many will look into the F-150 Lightning?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ford raises Lightning price up to $8500

Reservation holders who have not been offered a production slot will pay the higher price.

"The Detroit automaker said the price increases – between $6,000 and $8,500, depending on the model – will not impact customers who have ordered a vehicle and are awaiting delivery. They will affect an undisclosed number of reservation holders who have not yet ordered a truck."

"Ford has only sold about 4,400 vehicles since beginning deliveries in May."

Last edited:
How is it that none of the 3 dealerships I talked to today told me about this ???

Don't feel bad, the Ford dealerships out here are telling people the same thing as what you heard. That somehow a prospective F150 buyer right now just needs to wait until the 2023 order book is available and they can get an order in.

But in the meantime, feel free to get in line to pay a markup on the "used with 50 miles" F150 Lightning that is not yet sitting on their lot. They're basically going to flip a new dealer allocation unit to a fake buyer who registers it; then returns it to the dealer. Then re-sell the same VIN as "used" so Ford can't punish them for circumventing new stock MSRP. Lolz.

1660069303778.png

1660069164001.png

Ford is doing a terrible job educating their dealer network and educating customers about the F150 and how to order it. The whole local dealership model adds so much weird friction... it's not well suited for modern times.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suns_PSD and KJD
That's great. But how will this help when Telsa uses a proprietary connector/system? Or do they plan on adding standardized CCS to their sites?

Man, Ford does not want me to even look into an F150 Lightning.

I have no clue how to get data about this truck. When I go online, they simply divert my interest into some generic form that I guess just sends my lead-gen data to a local dealership. But then local dealerships don't know how I can even get my name in the queue of orders or interest. Then the local dealers offer to sell me a F150 Lightning for like $20k over MSRP (using the backwards sneaky method I described above, so it is legit per the franchise agreements).

And after that Ford keeps spamming my inbox with offers on ICE F150s and random marketing collateral telling me how awesome the F150 Lightning is and how it's a "game changer".

Ford may be the first mass-production EV truck to market. But they haven't revolutionized the completely trash-azz franchised dealer model. I wonder how effed up GM is going to make getting a Silverado EV or Sierra EV.

Man, Ford does not want me to even look into an F150 Lightning.

I have no clue how to get data about this truck. When I go online, they simply divert my interest into some generic form that I guess just sends my lead-gen data to a local dealership. But then local dealerships don't know how I can even get my name in the queue of orders or interest. Then the local dealers offer to sell me a F150 Lightning for like $20k over MSRP (using the backwards sneaky method I described above, so it is legit per the franchise agreements).

And after that Ford keeps spamming my inbox with offers on ICE F150s and random marketing collateral telling me how awesome the F150 Lightning is and how it's a "game changer".

Ford may be the first mass-production EV truck to market. But they haven't revolutionized the completely trash-azz franchised dealer model. I wonder how effed up GM is going to make getting a Silverado EV or Sierra EV.
This pretty much describes my experience with the Ford dealers in Utah. They have no desire to sell EV's.

They would be very happy to just sell me a smoke belching gas or diesel burner that they have in stock right now.

For you all having issues with local dealers call around. Buying a car out of state (especially a new one) is very easy. I live in Anchorage Alaska. We have one of each brand (well 2 Chrysler and GM) and most are terrible…. Over the last 15 years I haven’t bought one new car in state: LX570 from Seattle, G500 from SoCal, e class from Vegas, GT3 from Indianapolis, 996 turbo from Seattle, and both Teslas from well Tesla.

I’m on the list for a Silverado EV through a dealer in Seattle. And if I do a F150 lightning no way it will be from a dealer in Alaska.

Do you charge to 80% daily? If so how many miles do you start the day with? Does Ford recommend not charging to 100% daily?
I don’t. I charged briefly at EA to make sure there weren’t any issues. I charged it today at home to 80% which gave me an estimated range of 280 miles. That would mean 350 at 100%. Yes I know that’s not going to actually be true.

I’m hoping to get 2.1 kWh/mi between 70 and 73 mph. Starting a trip tomorrow.