Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How satisfied are you with the non-AP (Classic) V7.0

How satisfied are you with the Non-AP (Classic) v7.0

• Very Unsatisfied

Votes: 32 13.0%
  • Unsatisfied

Votes: 35 14.2%
  • Neutral

Votes: 36 14.6%
  • Satisfied

Votes: 95 38.6%
  • Very Satisfied

Votes: 48 19.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love 7.0

IMG_3261.JPG

I hit the wrong button! I meant to say very satisfied. Only negative is the the headlights on icon on the car in the center of the driving display - they need to tune the brightness down....

Funny, I left feedback yesterday that with my red car and the red car icon that I can't tell when the brake lights are on (regen). I suggested they make them brighter. The headlights I could see reducing, but they haven't bothered me.

I'm ok with the new format and I have to agree with others on a few items.
1. I like the car idea to show tail light/turn signal activation, however I have a red car and it is nearly impossible to see.
2. The clock needs to go or be updated to be useful in some way for that much used space
3. The lock/unlock button on the top left is a huge win!
4. I like that the media buttons are larger and that the media player is a bit darker at night. It does seem to be a bit disproportionate now.
5. Please please please put the full day/date information back somewhere
6. I'm glad we got to keep the power meter in center of the screen however I would give it up if someone wants to give me a car with AP.

Wow. For people comfortable with being earlier adopters in the EV world, I'm surprised at all the griping over little changes in the display. Range bar is in the lower left. Temperature on the 17" screen. Trip A and B on the 17" display. Nothing is really lost, just moved. Do I need the odometer in the center, no. Is it a problem being there, no.

Give it a week and most will be fine while others will never let go.

I like it and I like the elapsed time addition.

Much better than having a car that only changes when you buy a new one. I hope Tesla keeps trying new UIs with our classics over time.

Got it on Thursday night. Impressed with how fast it rolled out this time. Disappointed I don't even get the tire pressures. Hill hold, don't have it, don't care.. not sure why I'd ever need that coming from a long history of manual shift cars. Got to say I thought I wouldn't like the UI, but it's ok, got used it in 5 minutes. Odometer front and center is useless that could be buried. I would rather have the range and battery meter as it was, front and center but it's really not far away so it's ok. Brake lights are mildly interesting but to be honest I don't care. That's for the guy behind me to worry about. Cabin does seem to heat up faster, that's nice now that it's getting below zero overnight. I don't notice any difference in smooth throttle response at low speeds. I always thought it was smooth. Full screen music player.. ok but the logic of it is still as messed up as ever. All in all... meh doesn't bring me much. Oh... the door lock control is good. It's a basic requirement so it's weird it only showed up now. But I like that.

I got V7 Thursday night and I like it just fine. I'm struck by how closely the UI looks to my Linux Plasma/KDE 5 PC. I suspect they borrowed heavily from that, some of the icons are identical.

The only small complaint I have is that the analog speedo scale (the numbers) are too dark and hard to see in daylight. Not a big deal as the digital speed is easy to read, and that's the one I really use anyway.

My biggest dislike is how they basically swapped the battery info and odometer, making the odometer big and prominently displayed in the center while shrinking the battery info and sticking it as far down in the left corner as they possibly could. I think the battery info is a wee bit more important than the odometer.

AFAIK, no one is "Very Satisfied" with this particular change. Folks who are very satisfied are only talking about one feature like the unlock button or the flat UI.

This basically proves my point. Even someone who's satisfied does not like the new car icon or odo where the battery used to be:

Got to say I thought I wouldn't like the UI, but it's ok, got used it in 5 minutes. Odometer front and center is useless that could be buried. I would rather have the range and battery meter as it was, front and center but it's really not far away so it's ok. Brake lights are mildly interesting but to be honest I don't care. That's for the guy behind me to worry about.